test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undo the slaver changes!!!

Comments

• aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    Also - were the HP of the slavers nerfed too? What's the deal with that?

a 5 star slaver has 3471 HP..

i dunno if its more or less, i never checked before.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lostmoony wrote: »
    i dont take the exactly cube kill times from this two fighters, but its possible that elite slavers are at Moment the best performing battlepets in the game.

thats why i say i give nothing on the loot or not loot or low loot TRIBBLE, you get a impressive battle-pet!!!!!

i vote to delete the steal Option from all slavers so the stupid discusion will end.
    aarons9 wrote: »
    a 5 star slaver has 3471 HP..

i dunno if its more or less, i never checked before.

4650 used to be the basic hp, so even at 5 stars your not even close to basic. Now add 25 percent the hull to the 4650 which would have been the hps of the Slavers and you have an idea of how much was lost. This isn't a small nerf, its a giant one and one the interceptors didn't get.

I was so looking forward to the new carrier UI, but so fair its a disaster.
    edited July 2013
    4650 used to be the basic hp, so even at 5 stars your not even close to basic. Now add 25 percent the hull to the 4650 which would have been the hps of the Slavers and you have an idea of how much was lost. This isn't a small nerf, its a giant one and one the interceptors didn't get.

I was so looking forward to the new carrier UI, but so fair its a disaster.

hmm yeah nowhere in the patch notes does it say the HP was reduced..

no wonder why my slavers are dying faster then i can respawn them..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmm yeah nowhere in the patch notes does it say the HP was reduced..

no wonder why my slavers are dying faster then i can respawn them..

I think most of the ire from players as far as changes go is that we are rarely told the "why". In this case, WHY did slavers get their hull nerfed?!?!? They are already broken enough the way they are.

If I was any more cynical, I would say that the slavers NOT getting anything over the last 2-3 months was somewhat intentional, or their delay in even attempting a patch was also intentional. It was an unneeded change and was only put in place to slow down accumulation of contraband.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think most of the ire from players as far as changes go is that we are rarely told the "why". In this case, WHY did slavers get their hull nerfed?!?!? They are already broken enough the way they are.

If I was any more cynical, I would say that the slavers NOT getting anything over the last 2-3 months was somewhat intentional, or their delay in even attempting a patch was also intentional. It was an unneeded change and was only put in place to slow down accumulation of contraband.

...a true Veteran!!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty much when Season 4 hit we got a critical nerf to our KDF carriers.

As of this latest nerf if you pay attention very closely you'll notice that all pets pretty much do about 1/4 of the damage they did before this latest nerf when it comes to energy weapon damage. So what Cryptic has done is removed 300 - 400 damage they were doing per pulse and knocked it down to 100-150. So really the only thing to look at really now is the projectile type of weaponry because either be a turret, beam or heavy cannon there is no difference between those 3 examples.

Unless this energy damage is not working as designed its a huge blow to the carrier captains out there. So therefore just revert the status of carriers back to it because obviously it was a waste of resources and is just annoying the people who actually do use carriers.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013
    I have 4 5 star BoPs, and find myself struggling with things that where once easy for me.

Not to mention I constantly have to recall them because they wander off on me all the time. The whole avoid Warp Cores addition to the AI seems to have made them wander off more often.

Now since this problem seems to be effecting my Federation characters too perhaps they will do something about this.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
    edited July 2013
    it doesnt look like the devs are going to own up to the nerf on contraband..

since yesterday i have a whopping of 45 total stolen commodities.... i should have a few hundred by now.
    this is everything, provisions/supplies/arrays...

today i ran 3 stfs, and CE about 5 times and got NO DROPS AT ALL..... just a few EC.. i used to get at least 20 per stf..

with the HP nerf, it puts these slavers at the bottom of the hangar list :(
    that might have been their plan all along tho..

next thing were gonna see is packs of 10 contraband in the c store for 500 zen?
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    500zen for 10x CB :rolleyes:

sorry but you are relly to stupid to get insane amount from them for free?

start 20 marauding Mission at one an you get daily 100x of this TRIBBLE i have get one one day ~200 only for put the start button in the doff Screen.

some of this missions have a runtime of 45 min-2 hours so you can make insane amounts of this useless TRIBBLE if you will.

i have in my bank at Moment over 1000 CB and no use for it!!!!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lostmoony wrote: »
    500zen for 10x CB :rolleyes:

sorry but you are relly to stupid to get insane amount from them for free?

start 20 marauding Mission at one an you get daily 100x of this TRIBBLE i have get one one day ~200 only for put the start button in the doff Screen.

some of this missions have a runtime of 45 min-2 hours so you can make insane amounts of this useless TRIBBLE if you will.

i have in my bank at Moment over 1000 CB and no use for it!!!!

Bring them to DS9, and setup your daily DoFF mission with the Security Officer NPC. You will get 2000 Dilithium everyday, for the exchange of a few contraband.
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i highly doubt that..

just today i sold off 2000 cb..

at the rate im getting now i wont even get 2000 cb for the rest of the year.

Which is a good thing since the Klingon dumping has crashed the contraband market. But the Klink made Contraband are of medicore quality and harmful. Fed made contraband are much better but the Klingon dumping really hurt their prices.

Now that this is fixed, this is great news for us in that the price will return to more reasonable level.

Thanks Cryptic! :)
    edited July 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    Cryptic lately I have noticed more people playing the Klingon side especially after they found out about the slavers and now people are just going to stop, playing the kdf side and maybe all together; hey Brandon are you out there pass on our messages we want our Orion slavers to do what they were meant to do. :mad:

You sound just like one of those who threatened to leave the game because the exploit about Tour of Universe was fixed - on people who racked up millions of ec by not completing the tour. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013

since yesterday i have a whopping of 45 total stolen commodities.... i should have a few hundred by now.
    this is everything, provisions/supplies/arrays...

today i ran 3 stfs, and CE about 5 times and got NO DROPS AT ALL..... just a few EC.. i used to get at least 20 per stf..

with the HP nerf, it puts these slavers at the bottom of the hangar list :(
    that might have been their plan all along tho..

next thing were gonna see is packs of 10 contraband in the c store for 500 zen?

Translation : "My slavers used to give me insane/cheating level of loots that made no sense whatsoever. Now that it's balanced to more reasonable level, I demand that Cryptic undo the change to let me continue exploit/cheating again because I paid 60K dil, which can be obtained easily with 2 days of work and refined within a week or half of the time with 2+ toons"

Is this what "honorable" Klingons have been reduced to? Then they deserve to go extinct. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    No matter how they spin it, the unneeded and gratuitous changes to the Slaver drop rate was simply to reduce the payout of contraband and by extension, dilithium. Plain and simple.

HOWEVER, the nerfing and subsequent reduction of Hull HP is utterly unacceptable! It's not even in the patch notes ffs!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Which is a good thing since the Klingon dumping has crashed the contraband market. But the Klink made Contraband are of medicore quality and harmful. Fed made contraband are much better but the Klingon dumping really hurt their prices.

Now that this is fixed, this is great news for us in that the price will return to more reasonable level.

Thanks Cryptic!

LOL :D Fed made contraband??
    Translation : "My slavers used to give me insane/cheating level of loots that made no sense whatsoever. Now that it's balanced to more reasonable level, I demand that Cryptic undo the change to let me continue exploit/cheating again because I paid 60K dil, which can be obtained easily with 2 days of work and refined within a week or half of the time with 2+ toons"

Is this what "honorable" Klingons have been reduced to? Then they deserve to go extinct. :rolleyes:

I don't know what honorable Klingons have been reduced to, but Feds. have obviously been reduced to smuggling illegal substances and trolling Klingon threads. :rolleyes: :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited July 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    LOL :D Fed made contraband??

Believe it or not, Federation does export contraband as well. Unlike the use of slavers, I use a team of purple doffs to do the job and sell them in bundle of X contrabands at above market premium price. For example, if Contraband price is 43000 per unit, I will sell the bundles where the unit price = 45000 each and they sell very quickly because buyers intuitively know these are sourced from the safe and higher quality Federation brands so they are willing to pay a premium. ;) These days, with contraband unit price going up, I have been selling my bundles at 50000 ec per contraband and they never last no longer than a few hours on the exchange. My bundle is also conveniently made for people wanting to buy large number. I see all those people selling large bundles at a discount to the lowest unit price, they are making a big pricing mistake, convenience has a price - you don't need to compete on price all the time. More importantly, buyers also know these cheapest unit price contraband are Klingon made so they rather pay a premium for good Federation bundles.

I don't know what honorable Klingons have been reduced to, but Feds. have obviously been reduced to smuggling illegal substances and trolling Klingon threads. :rolleyes: :D

Smuggling? Those come from legitimate sources where they were confiscated by the State in violation of Federation laws. Once confiscated, they become state property, which we are allowed to barter them in jurisdictions where these are not illegal.
  • starakusstarakus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    Cryptic lately I have noticed more people playing the Klingon side especially after they found out about the slavers and now people are just going to stop, playing the kdf side and maybe all together; hey Brandon are you out there pass on our messages we want our Orion slavers to do what they were meant to do. :mad:

^^ this
    You can count me as one of them, its how I found this thread. Cryptic lost out on the following purchases with this nerf: expand 4 character slot purchase, Ferasan race purchase, marauder flight-deck cruiser purchase. There is around 40 usd you lost out on as well as expanding the player base of the KDF. Its just the plain truth and the real world math implications. Money talks. Me joining the KDF opens all sorts of future KDF ship purchases from this account. Luckly I found this thread prior to purchase instead of after. Change it and i'll be making those purchases, otherwise I will stick with my fed and rom toons which are maxed on gear (hense no future purchases). Fix this nerf as well as give klingons a 5 fore weapon ship and some better other ships maybe sci and you will see sales. (Romulans and Federation already have a 5 fore weapon ship).
    Maruading makes up for the fact that the Klingong race frankly sucks and is the edge they need to hold on to to make it appealing.
    edited July 2013

It was never "insane" in the first place.
    How is something that was working as intended an exploit? A cheat?

The thing is, they just suddenly decided -arbitrarily- that some certain amount of contraband was too much. Utter bullocks! Add on top of that their reticence to do ANYTHING when the slavers were entirely nonfunctional for the last couple of months....
    edited July 2013

The thing is, they just suddenly decided -arbitrarily- that some certain amount of contraband was too much. Utter bullocks! Add on top of that their reticence to do ANYTHING when the slavers were entirely nonfunctional for the last couple of months....

they wernt broken for me.. they worked just fine..

i would get at least 6 cb per mission i used them on.. sometimes more. it was never an insane amount.. it took weeks to get a few hundred..

now i get nothing at all.. not even provisions and medical supplies..
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013
    Probably better to post this on the Klingon Forums.

Feds don't care about KDF Nerfs until the knock on effect hits them.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • prestonpoolprestonpool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am sick of this I follow the rules and it is getting me no where. I submitted a ticket and haven't even gotten a response back. that was 2 days ago? I demand some support and an explaination as to what is going on DEVs answer. I have several toons which are dependant on my contraband farming and there is only so much I can do without it as to the amount of time I have to spend playing. when this game starts becoming a JOB I WILL LEAVE
    edited July 2013
    then tell my why Cryptic I drop from 10-25 contraband before the patch to a measly 1 an hour now how the hell is this more I ask you? Fix this ASAP I have several toons which are dependant on my contraband farming and I have not got the time to wait hours on end for 10 contraband as now it will take me 10 hours for just 10 contraband this is insulting our intelligence by saying otherwise

and for your information I have never ever gotten a Prisoner DOFF from slavers period!!!!!

QUOTE=borticuscryptic;11583371]1) Slavers had their chance to steal goods almost tripled in this patch.
    2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
    3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
    4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.[/QUOTE]

I tend to get highly upset when people think I am a total moron. if what I wrote offends anyone I am sorry but it is my feelings
    edited July 2013
    for 2 1/2 hours of farming here is what I got FYI cryptic

[CombatAlert] Sir, we've engaged the enemy!

[CombatAlert] Captain, our enemy's facing shields are down!

[NumericReceived] You received 56 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 64 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 2 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 2 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 6 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 5 Expertise

[CombatAlert] Captain, our enemy's facing shields are down!

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Engine Battery

[NumericReceived] You received 1 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 1 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 4 Expertise

[NumericReceived] You received 300 Energy Credits

[ItemReceived] Items acquired: Medical Supplies x 2

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Contraband

[ItemReceived] Items acquired: Provisions x 2

[NumericReceived] You received 400 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You received 350 Energy Credits

[GameplayAnnounce] Enzo Aquarius@enzoaquarius has earned the title "Outstanding Teammate" for beating wave eight of the No Win Scenario Event.

[MailReceived] New mail from @Exchange: "Item sold in the Exchange."

[MailReceived] New mail from @Exchange: "Item sold in the Exchange."

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Communication Arrays

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Water Purification Systems

[NumericReceived] You received 440 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Engine Battery for 80 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI for 4,324 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons Mk X [CrtH] for 5,176 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Polaron Dual Cannons Mk XI for 4,324 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Engine Battery - Large for 8 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Shields Battery for 160 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [CrtH] for 5,751 Energy Credits

[NumericReceived] You sold Critical Components for 1,600 Energy Credits

[GameplayAnnounce] Wyatt@jasonbelgrade has acquired a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer!

[GameplayAnnounce] Kelaka@kuldrath has acquired a Ferengi D'Kora Marauder!

[GameplayAnnounce] MJG@mjg82 has acquired a Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort Carrier!

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Contraband

[NumericReceived] You received 490 Energy Credits

[GameplayAnnounce] Academy Personel@omegashinzon has acquired a Ferengi D'Kora Marauder!

[NumericReceived] You received 400 Energy Credits

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Astrometric Probes

[GameplayAnnounce] Jureth@Jureth has acquired a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer!

[GameplayAnnounce] Festus@zephrim has acquired a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer!

[ItemReceived] Item acquired: Astrometric Probes

• skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why would you expect anything else? They refuse to talk about odds but happily tell of what the tables include.

First they kill the console market then talk about how now you get more rare commodities, only Cryptic! Lol!!

Besides, the KDF contraband generation has been the target of a nerf for quite some time now. That was already clear and even expected with dread since they mentioned making the KDF a "complete faction".
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmm i must check this out
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i used to use the advanced slavers til i stopped flying carriers. i had heard that they were broken and never thought twice about using them again. then i see the elite ones available and upon reading the forums people were saying that the drops were ok. i purchased them at [imho] great expense, got into my carrier and farmed n'vak for 5 hours straight... i cannot verify any ec received but i can say i did not get one rare commodity nor any prisoners let alone any cb. i was very disappointed to say the least.

i figured i would give it one more try and the next day went back into n'vak for a couple hours. i watched for any drops carefully. there were NONE!!! needless to say my carrier is once again in dry-dock and the elites have been put into my bank >:(

some will say just be patient they will steel eventually, but what about the weekend warriors that don't spend hours and hours in one zone? it seems that they are getting it even worse.

in any case elites are very pricy and i would like to suggest increasing the chance\drop rate and\or lowering the cost to get them as they are useless in my humble opinion.
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
    edited July 2013
    I don't know about anybody else but I still get my 200 contraband in 8 hours from a kdf mission with a macro

im only getting about 50 a night..
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The thing is, they just suddenly decided -arbitrarily- that some certain amount of [edit] EC [edit] was too much. Utter bullocks!

Funny, this sounds like you are talking about Tour the Galaxy, if you change "Contraband" to "EC"... ultimately, maybe it would be a good idea to allocate more payroll hours to the folks working on bugfixes and less to the folks that keep trying to make the game inconvenient. None of the quality of life "fixes" over the past few months have been game-breaking, but they certainly don't make the game better either. Rather the opposite, really.

Remember, it's a game. Stop trying to make it less fun and I might feel more inclined to spend money. That Lifetime Subscription Sale really ought to be posted after you do something good, by the way, rather than after mail, exchange, Tour, and Slaver "fixes", lol. Just saying... :rolleyes:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited July 2013
    then tell my why Cryptic I drop from 10-25 contraband before the patch to a measly 1 an hour now how the hell is this more I ask you? Fix this ASAP I have several toons which are dependant on my contraband farming and I have not got the time to wait hours on end for 10 contraband as now it will take me 10 hours for just 10 contraband this is insulting our intelligence by saying otherwise

That's because as a Fed, we'll be lucky if we can make 10 Contrband / day by running every single doff missions out there all day long that can reward it. And that's if someone is using nothing but the best of the best purple doff(s) for the job and they still sometimes fail. On average, I think a Fed can make about 6 contrabands per day using best of the best purple doff. Compared to a Klingon who used slavers, picking up 25 contraband / hour, no wonder some of you are making 200+ contraband / day.

I mean do we really need to compare 200 to 6 to see what's insane about this difference? :cool:

Then a while ago, I recall a conversation that a few Fed and I have at the exchange on DS9.

Fed Person 1: "Looking at these prices for the contraband make me really depress..."

Fed Person 2: "I know, it makes me no want to sell."

Me: "That's what I do, I stop placing them on the exchange when the prices are this low, to diminish the supply of contrabands."

Fed Person 1: "Yean, but would that help?"

Me: "It's all about supply & demand, enough people withhold their supply, the price will rise, I once cornered the Earth refugee market and monopolized it:

Fed Person 2" "You'd be surprised how stupid people can be."

Naturally, with Klingons dumping contraband by the truck loads, their prices have seen so low for so long. Now that this is being fixed, we see contraband price starting to climb to more reasonable level. Sorry Klingons, but this is great news for us. :)
    edited July 2013
    That's because as a Fed, we'll be lucky if we can make 10 Contrband / day by running every single doff missions out there all day long that can reward it. And that's if someone is using nothing but the best of the best purple doff(s) for the job and they still sometimes fail. On average, I think a Fed can make about 6 contrabands per day using best of the best purple doff. Compared to a Klingon who used slavers, picking up 25 contraband / hour, no wonder some of you are making 200+ contraband / day.

I mean do we really need to compare 200 to 6 to see what's insane about this difference? :cool:

Then a while ago, I recall a conversation that a few Fed and I have at the exchange on DS9.

Fed Person 1: "Looking at these prices for the contraband make me really depress..."

Fed Person 2: "I know, it makes me no want to sell."

Me: "That's what I do, I stop placing them on the exchange when the prices are this low, to diminish the supply of contrabands."

Fed Person 1: "Yean, but would that help?"

Me: "It's all about supply & demand, enough people withhold their supply, the price will rise, I once cornered the Earth refugee market and monopolized it:

Fed Person 2" "You'd be surprised how stupid people can be."

Naturally, with Klingons dumping contraband by the truck loads, their prices have seen so low for so long. Now that this is being fixed, we see contraband price starting to climb to more reasonable level. Sorry Klingons, but this is great news for us. :)

good news for you if you want to sell your 6 a day.. lol..

its a loss for those who purchase it to get dilithium.

yesterday it hit 70k per for a few hours.. dropping back to 50k per..
    but as soon as the pool runs out the market will be 100k per.