test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SSR Interviews Kestrel

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
In a recent interview, Subspace Radio sat down to talk with Lead Writer Christine "Kestrel" Thompson. Listen to the recording, and read the transcript, here.

Link to the interview.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the transcription, it was a pleasant read.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A Terran Empire faction would be awesome. :D But I think Cardassians and/or Dominion should come first.

And thanks for the transcript.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kestrel for Empress of the Terrans!

o/

As for voice actors.... Dwight Schultz as Barclay XD
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mirror universe Borg!:D They probably fly pyramids instead of cubes.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you guys realize how old some of this characters would be?
    picard would be 104
    Riker 74
    Seven of Nine 59
    Janeway 77
    I mean they are old and that is assuming the clock is stuck at 2409.
    and Most moved on from Starfleet. So unless they are the kids of some of them or time travel(meh no) then most don't make sense.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smazazel wrote: »
    picard would be 104
    Riker 74
    Seven of Nine 59
    Janeway 77
    and Most moved on from Starfleet. So unless they are the kids of some of them or time travel(meh no) then most don't make sense.

So? McCoy was 137 in "Encounter at Farpoint". And he was still in Starfleet.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for doing this. I really enjoy hearing from the main writer. I love the stories they do. And they play along or go well with the others.

Hope to see more stories in the future.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    picard would be 104
    Riker 74
    Seven of Nine 59
    Janeway 77
    Based on the average human lifespan now, and the advances in medicine in the 25th century, I would venture a guess and say that the average human lifespan in 2409 would be somewhere around 120 years old. So, none of these would be too far out of the realm of possibility.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So? McCoy was 137 in "Encounter at Farpoint". And he was still in Starfleet.

You mean the frailest person in the universe.
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It really was indeed a great interview. :D I know I can't wait to see what future stories STO will have :)

Big thanks to Branflakes for posting this as well. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    picard would be 104
    Riker 74
    Seven of Nine 59
    Janeway 77

Well, the clock IS stuck at 2409 and people live to be 130 and stay active. I'd imagine Riker and Janeway to be approaching the upper end of someone still physically active.

Picard was 74 in Star Trek: Nemesis, continuing command of the Enterprise, driving the Argo, and still active in physical combat.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who's to say they would not appear as maybe a advisor of Admiral maybe even a ambassador. I beieve Picard is Ambassador of Vulcan. Janeway was last seen as a admiral and Riker possibly may be a admiral now.

We could even bring B45 into the game voiced by Brent Spiner as a possible storyline on what happened to the Enterprise E.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]