test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After 7/25 patch, game won't load

It verifies the files during launcher, comes up to the Cryptic load screen, and crashes every time and the Report handler auto closes itself.

Anybody else having this issue?
Post edited by dsdeso on

Comments

• christopherhillchristopherhill Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad to see it isn't only me lol Getting the same issue, during the Legacy of Romulus loading screen that follows the Cryptic title. I've also verified the files and still getting the same issue.
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the auto close is nothing new to me and the game didn't used to do this to me either but now I am having these issues I am attempting a fresh install to see if that fixes it

OK JUST finished the reinstall and now I can't even connect to the launcher update server, I attempted that download the latest launcher and it still didn't work...
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • dsdesodsdeso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New install seems the only potential fix, though with having to reinstall the same patched files that caused the problem, it doesn't seem likely to correct the issue.
  • dsdesodsdeso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did a full re-install, and now the launcher can't connect to the update server...
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I cant even get the game to finish patching. Its been stuck at 84% for 2 and a half hours.

They must have a virus on there network or something or someone is sabotaging their game in house.

Or their maintenance period is in overtime.
  • deano65ehgdeano65ehg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i get to 86% patched n now get the error 36 that a file was locked :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://stostatus.com/

Apparently all the gaming servers are down
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find it funny that I'm still at 82 percent after 3 and half hours of patching.

They do still have people reading tech forums.

You know Dstal did a state of the game:

The current State of the game broken not working in any format with no fix in site but thanks for all your money.

How you can give a discount on memberships when your game doesn't work. Its not logical good thing I'm a year long gold member because it takes month's for you to fix stuff.

My god its been what 2 years and Terrordrome is not on the que yet.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seems I am the first one to have pointed this out.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11583731#post11583731

Guess it's a same kind of record.

Now I don't know what else it takes to make them finally understand they HAVE to take care of the whole damn thing BEFORE adding any new content.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • dragon5620077dragon5620077 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    do not know whats going on but all the time i go to the game and load it all that is going on is the game is runing but not on the desktop just on the bar at the bottom :eek: so can not fix it :mad:
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's previous to the last patch.

Last patch simply prevent people to play, it either crashes before start or don't load the map or boot people out after a few minutes.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told