test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terradome Removed

dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
According to the recent release notes, the Terradome mission will be removed.

I'll go out and say it, I think it's been a long time coming, and I'm surprised that it took this long. It doesn't really offer any good reason to put a team together and go out and do, and, unless they fixed it, it was buggy as all hell. I never made it past the first ground portion because of a bug preventing mission progression, and I never played it again. It's a shame though. I think the concept was a good idea. Kind of reminded me of that Voyager episode.

I would like to know how the rest of you feel. Do you support this decision to remove this mission, or are you about to rage quit over it? How many of you actually still played this mission, and how many of you were able to complete it?
Post edited by dm19delta on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seriously needs a revamp like the Borg STFs. I wonder how many people play it compared to all other queues. It certainly doesn't hold up to the Borg STFs even the old versions of the Borg STFs.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have played it only once with a team of friends. We were able to complete it and only had to restart it once (I think).
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    a group of us played it every single day
    it is a challenging mission and is quite fun once you learn how to do it.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    awhile ago we setup a team and we tried it a few times.. took about a month to complete it.

i really liked it.. the reward tho made it hard to get anyone else to try..

hopefully they will fix it and put it back in with more rewards.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never played it. Didn't even know about it actually.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    they really just need to split it up like the stfs and give it a decent reward.. like 50 fm and some dilithium.

the first part with all the ships was really fun.. going inside ds9 with the scanner was ok.
    the next part where protected the engineers got bugged and we could never find all of the guys to save.

it really would be a decent mission if it was fixed.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two folded. To add a more playable, more modern version of TD is IMO a very good idea. To remove the "last hardcore" mission because of a new (probably much easier like the current STFs) version... I always liked the idea to have something like that available. Add a good reward to what it is now and keep it as the STO hardcore dungeon. ;)

But to remove it now and replace it with nothing now but something in the far future feels... like an internal communication error inside cryptic. *cough*
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I used to solo the space part for fun when I was bored. Fake Sulu used to be quite the adversary. I'll miss Terra Dome.

... But wait. What about Fake Sulu?

WHERE'S SULU?!!!!!

... That's right. I'm bringing it back.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really hope we get an updated, queued version of Terradome returned to the game.

With the hints about an enemy from Voyager being expanded upon, I suspect an Undine Reputation is coming next. A STF centerpiece to that would be great.
  • Options
    frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand this at all. What possible reason is there to remove it and replace it with nothing? I really liked this mission, my fleet used to run it every once in a while. I was a challenge that required real teamwork, not just "prey you don't get hit by instadeath invisatorps." Sure, you couldn't just queue up and play it whenever, but in a way that added to the appeal, it was an event. If you don't like it, than you don't have to play it, but why remove it from people who want it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    frostovski wrote: »
    I don't understand this at all. What possible reason is there to remove it and replace it with nothing? I really liked this mission, my fleet used to run it every once in a while. I was a challenge that required real teamwork, not just "prey you don't get hit by instadeath invisatorps." Sure, you couldn't just queue up and play it whenever, but in a way that added to the appeal, it was an event. If you don't like it, than you don't have to play it, but why remove it from people who want it?

dont understand either.. i dont think it was causing any problems.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The mission was seriously bugged, with a poor reward vs risk.

I did it a few times, and the mission usually crapped out every time at some stage. You also got swamped by the Undine, wich made the entire thing a mess.

So, good riddance to bad rubbish. About time it got pulled.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    The mission was seriously bugged, with a poor reward vs risk.

I did it a few times, and the mission usually crapped out every time at some stage. You also got swamped by the Undine, wich made the entire thing a mess.

So, good riddance to bad rubbish. About time it got pulled.

yeah, but instead of fixing it, they just remove it...
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »

Could be that to fix it, they need to remove it. It might also get some much needed TLC, might also get a revamp on mission flow and so on.

I hope we get an answer as to why it got removed, as that would give us answers instead of more questions...
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »

They're removing it for now, they don't intend to remove it forever.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11552021&postcount=7
    It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you needed to restart 2 times the first ground map, because the first two times never arrived all the engineers... but third time they always came and we were able to finish the mission after than... all means as i remember 4 times at the last year for me and my friends. It is a very good mission if you agree with the 2 restart at first ground map, at least something different than other STF's.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Back when it was new, it was an outstanding mission with some mechanics no other mission had. It required people to work together develop a strategy and think for a bit instead of shooting everything randomly that moves.

I liked it after they fixed the bugged last stage, even if it got dumbed down a bit as a result.

There was nothing preventing anyone from doing it solo with a really good ground build, except the inability to be in 5 places at once to defend the engineers.

What I would like is more frequent tells to identify the real starfleet officers and a reworking of the boss map which became a joke as a result of the fix.

I am not looking forward to the mission if it suffers the same fate as Khitomer Accord and gets totally butchered into a queue event mission to be grinded as nauseum without any sense of remaining story.

The way other queue missions are set up, it will involve a 15 minute boring space battle with fake Sulu as the boss and shortened ground run without the non combat puzzle which was the one thing making this interesting.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let hope they rework it and it doesn't go off to be with SB24 ground, DS9 FA and Undine FA. At least they told us they were going to remove it, albeit it was only a day or so.
  • Options
    zalandexzalandex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My whish would be that - if it's returns it is still a complete Taskforce with it's story intact.

I don't like the remains of the old borg stfs, they have are scraps of story, but they do not make sense. They legacy Taskforces were actually the end of the Fed storyline.

Into the hive is fine, but how did we get to the unicomplex? Is the gound part before or after we blow up the queen diamond.

I hope for a Taskforce with storytelling like the romulan story in Legacy.
  • Options
    romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    RIP last real STF , they ll back mission with same name transformed in to ,,nothing,, STF .

Terradome was only chalenge real team based mission in this game,now,we lost it .
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    romulanway wrote: »
    RIP last real STF , they ll back mission with same name transformed in to ,,nothing,, STF .

Terradome was only chalenge real team based mission in this game,now,we lost it .

This.

It was great when you could get it working. The game needs more raids like this one and the old style STFs. Not enough people playing it because they can get their stuffz quicker doing ISE? Bad excuse and an interesting game this does not make.

PvP is supposedly a 'niche market' yet it's still in the game. The rewards are not why people PvP, they are a biproduct of doing it.

How is that really any different to Old Style STFs? The grinders can keep their grind. The players want raid content with main story context and Terradome, however broken it was, was the last thing that represented that in this game.

Fake Sulu, we salute you.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried it solo a few times. Finally gave up on it.