test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 23, 2013

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130714a.9

General:
  • Veteran Rewards
    • The 1,000 Day veteran ship now animates when it transforms and while traveling in sector space.
    • The Romulan Admiral Uniforms are now fully available to veteran players
    • Text for the veteran reward perks has been updated to reflect the new items
  • Carrier Commands
    • Carrier commands will no longer persist between maps or logins
    • Resolved Several Issues with the Shield Repair Drones
    • Rank 3 of no longer grants 10x the intended bonus
    • Doubled the amount of healing they get at each rank up
      • Now 2% through 10% instead of 1%-5%
    • Reduced base hitpoints of Orion Slavers to be equivalent to other fighter pets.
    • Fekihri Frigates no longer briefly display too many HP indicators in the UI when summoned.
    • Doubled the range at which Marauding Force shuttles will initiate their special ability to attack the target's subsystems.
    • Resolved an issue that caused Bird of Prey hangar pets to briefly display too many HP indicators in the Hangar UI when summoned.
    • Carrier Pets will now receive and better follow the current command of their wing when newly launched.
    • Docked carrier pets will now properly receive commands.
    • Elite Slavers: Resolved a typo in the description and added photon torpedoes to the short description
    • Removed an incorrect power description from Fekihri Fighters that indicated their Ramming Speed would deal far less damage than it actually does.
    • Orion Slavers now have a better chance to raid enemy vessels during combat. However, their rewards have been decreased in order to keep the average value of goods approximately the same as it was before.
    • Updated the cooldowns on special abilities for carrier pets:
      • Delta Flyer: Tachyon Beam cooldowns reduced from 90sec to 30sec
      • Peregrine Fighter: Cannon Rapid Fire cooldowns reduced from 70sec to 30sec (Elite only) -
      • Shield Repair Drones: Repair Beam cooldowns reduced from 10sec to 5sec
      • Jem'Hadar Attack Ships: Beam Overload cooldowns reduced from 50sec to 30sec
      • Jem'Hadar Fighters: Directed Energy Modulation cooldowns reduced from 130sec to 90sec
      • Fer'Jai Frigates: Torpedo High Yield cooldowns reduced from 50sec to 30sec
      • To'Duj Fighters: Cannon Rapid Fire cooldowns reduced from 70sec to 30sec (Elite only)
      • Bird of Prey Raiders: Torpedo High Yield cooldowns reduced from 50sec to 30sec
      • Romulan Drone Ships: Beam Overload and Fire At Will cooldowns reduced from 50sec to 30sec
      • Scorpion Fighters: Torpedo High Yield cooldowns reduced from 70sec to 30sec (Elite only)
  • The mission "Terradome" has been removed.
  • Resolved an issue with Nukara Web Mines causing them to gain more damage than intended from skill points in Starship Weapons and Starship Projectiles.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    • The 1,000 Day veteran ship now animates when it transforms and while traveling in sector space.

the kdf vet ship STILL does not have a functioning sector space animation :(
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    the kdf vet ship STILL does not have a functioning sector space animation :(

Edit: The build hasnt been pushed yet. When the .9 goes live your animations will work.
    edited July 2013
    Edit: The build hasnt been pushed yet. When the .9 goes live your animations will work.

i just noticed! tribble is offline i see. yes, im assuming the romulan vet ship will have its transformation and sector space animation work, cause the notes said as much. but its the KDF vet ship that has never had the sector space extending nacelle animations work. on warp out, you see them stick out, but in sector space they dont. unless your saying this patch included an update for the kdf vet ship too?
  • gamegeekettegamegeekette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    will lts ppl be able to redeem the 1000 day ship in this because it says lts can claim it but it wont let us?
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I liked Terradome. Why remove it?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    stararmy wrote: »
    I liked Terradome. Why remove it?

It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Jem'Hadar Attack Ships: Beam Overload cooldowns reduced from 50sec to 30sec
    Jem'Hadar Fighters: Directed Energy Modulation cooldowns reduced from 130sec to 90sec

Why wasn't the cooldown on Cannon: Rapid Fire reduced for Attack Ships along with Beam Overload? Or on the Elite Jem'Hadar Fighters? And for that matter, why not make DEM 45 seconds or so on the JH Fighters so that they can have some hope of decent damage despite their complete lack of a torpedo?

Are the cooldowns on the Tholian hanger pets (FaW on Widows and Mesh Weavers, APB3 on Mesh Weavers) comparable in length already? Shouldn't they be balanced along these lines too?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has this fixed the attempted 1000 day ship fix fail, from the previous patch notes?

As it stands, not all veterans are able to claim the ship despite the previous patch notes stating we could.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Bring back the fluidic space fleet action!
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Nope, Sector space transformation on the KDF Vet Ship still does not work. This has not worked since the ship was released. It would be nice if it was fixed so that it too would have three modes.
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thx for the patches it makes the game alot funner... but than we dont get to play while u guys have mantanace -_-
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why wasn't the cooldown on Cannon: Rapid Fire reduced for Attack Ships along with Beam Overload? Or on the Elite Jem'Hadar Fighters? And for that matter, why not make DEM 45 seconds or so on the JH Fighters so that they can have some hope of decent damage despite their complete lack of a torpedo?

Are the cooldowns on the Tholian hanger pets (FaW on Widows and Mesh Weavers, APB3 on Mesh Weavers) comparable in length already? Shouldn't they be balanced along these lines too?

Jem Hadar attack ship pets are reward enough...why ask for more? You are already special for owning the JHAS to even be able to get those pets in the first place.

To bad they still cant compete with elite meshweavers or the new elite drone ships haha
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    Jem Hadar attack ship pets are reward enough...why ask for more? You are already special for owning the JHAS to even be able to get those pets in the first place.

To bad they still cant compete with elite meshweavers or the new elite drone ships haha

If the pets are currently balanced, then reducing the cooldowns on other pets but not the JHAS will make the JHAS underpowered relative to other pet options. If they're currently overpowered and not reducing their cooldowns will bring them in line with other pets, it would be nice to know that the devs think that.

It's not a question of "special," it's a question of balance.
  • garvesnekanogarvesnekano Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    will lts ppl be able to redeem the 1000 day ship in this because it says lts can claim it but it wont let us?

Hey I having the same problem but I noticed something. IDk if it is related. On the main server it says my Romulan is a 700 day vet so when I copy it to tribble it is also is a 700 day vet even though I am life timer.

IT could be that the vets rewards are bugged on holo deck and not tribble if you copied that Romulan character from holo deck.....idk though and it could just be me.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has the Suliban cell ship selecter bug been fixed yet in one of the latest patches?
    edited July 2013
    well, the vet ship transformations seemed to do less then they did in that priority 1 sneak peek vid, and theres no sector space animation. warping into a system, i did notice the impulse engines like flipped or something though. not sure what thats supposed to do with warping. the impulse engine does not flip when you go into tactical mode
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love all the pet power cool down reductions....

Its fantastic they now are better scis then actual player... big thumbs up.

Yes I'm being sarcastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So much like the DS9 Fleet action, we'll never see this again?

I found Terradome to be the stupidest STF in the game. It was broken and bugged when it launched, and the repairs done later didn't fix it at all.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how does the star system work with skull fighters the whole point of skull figters is they ramm how do they lvl up like other fighters and become more powerful if they are dead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the pets are currently balanced, then reducing the cooldowns on other pets but not the JHAS will make the JHAS underpowered relative to other pet options. If they're currently overpowered and not reducing their cooldowns will bring them in line with other pets, it would be nice to know that the devs think that.

It's not a question of "special," it's a question of balance.

the attack ships should be the most powerful pet in the game. all that cash to get an attack ship then pass on flying it just to have carrier pets. thats a hell of alot of cash spent.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guili1guili1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @ salamiinferno

I love you! These News are great news regarding the CD reduction for the Carrier Community!*
    So no respawn wishes more to get shorter CDs!
    And the carrier UI updated is a really great enhancement now!

Honestly I hoped for these news, but I was not really expecting that they are coming.

I really appreciate that, in the past sometimes it looked like that even serious player feedback and concerns was often ignored.
    But in the last weeks, it looks to me that this changes.
    I know not every concern will be addressed, and many are only "buff my ship" or "don`t nerf it because I am playing this OP ship" => (like Risian ship discussion about speed and defense)

* In my Fleet we already have a Carrier ONLY event (2 Hangar carriers and Dreads) and these are fun like hell for everyone.

However i am wondering how a Risian frigate can outrun especially Fighters!
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Dress and Veteran uniforms are trying to charge me 550 zen, hope there is a plan to fix this before it goes live Thursday.

Still no go on getting the Vet ship as well even after I got the requisition form for it, it still will not let me claim it, funny how I can get the vet skin but not the ship, oh well Thursday is not too long to wait, just hope this does not happen on Holodeck.
    However i am wondering how a Risian frigate can outrun especially Fighters!

the impulse modifier will explain that, best in the game that ship is made for speed.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No launching sounds for (Elite) Slavers yet?

how does the star system work with skull fighters the whole point of skull figters is they ramm how do they lvl up like other fighters and become more powerful if they are dead?

What might be a cool idea, if they successfully ram a target and die in process your next spawned skull gets the same rank from it's former self.

That way they can level while using their main attack ability.

To loose stars they just have to die any other way when ram isn't engaged.

That or a successful ram grants 100% hull heal to the fighter?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Scorpion Fighters: Torpedo High Yield cooldowns reduced from 70sec to 30sec (Elite only)

Versus 6 x torpedo high yield every 19 seconds right now (to the correct shield facing).

I realize you people are trying to remove "pet spam", as probably the only one on the forum, but please re-consider the significance of the nerf.

Pets are not going to survive 5 minutes, they shoot the wrong shield facing, circle with their turrets we lose dps and we can no longer unbug their AI when they stop responding.

Please I beg you don't do this we need the respawning above all else
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Versus 6 x torpedo high yield every 19 seconds right now (to the correct shield facing).

I realize you people are trying to remove "pet spam", as probably the only one on the forum, but please re-consider the significance of the nerf.

Pets are not going to survive 5 minutes, they shoot the wrong shield facing, circle with their turrets we lose dps and we can no longer unbug their AI when they stop responding.

Please I beg you don't do this we need the respawning above all else

I dont think you understand what that change means...it is not a nerf, its buffing the scorpions...70 seconds was the cooldown on high yield ability for that fighter, now its 30 seconds.

Sounds a whole let better to me :)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we have the Terradome prop for the foundry then?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So for no reson at all...
    Leave it in the game and switch it when you have re-worked it...
    Are you removing it because its a mission where people must think a bit ??
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • guili1guili1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    > the impulse modifier will explain that, best in the game that ship is made for speed.

lol,
    I understand the game mechanics and ship parameters well...
    It is only completely not logic and unreasonable.
    Because a Fighter lives only from Speed and maneuverability.
    Now the game want to explain me, that a ship with the mass of 1000 (or 10000?) fighters can outmaneuver and outrun a Fighter ... Ah yes lol.
    That`s like A747-8 can do this with a F16.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love all the pet power cool down reductions....

Its fantastic they now are better scis then actual player... big thumbs up.

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

I only see one pet sci ability in the list, and thats tachyon. That skill really is not that good. Also since you can no longer spam pets to reset cooldowns the ability spam will decrease.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!