test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crit Build Troubles

o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
As the title suggests, I'm attempting to spec for crit. I'm not seeing the numbers I expect, however.

I've seen this breakdown of +crit elsewhere:

Base: 2.5
Rom. Reputation: 3
Weapon Specialization: 2
Assim. Module: 0.92
Zero Point: 1.8
Tachyo: 0.76
Sup. Operative: 2 each

Right now, I have the 3 points from rep and 2 from maxed energy weapon spec. So by very simple math, I should have 7.5% in system space. Unfortunately, I'm showing 5.5%. Therefore, it would appear that the 2% from weapons spec isn't being added, any idea why this would be?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. Thanks!

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Post edited by o1derfull1 on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    idk, by system space you mean earth orbit or any space combat i asume, because sector space doen't count skills.

personally for me it worked, i managed even to get to 19,4% with tovan, satra (each add 1.5%) and a 2 other rom boff with sup.operative.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    the individual ones on weapons dont stack..
    so if you have critH on every weapon you dont get them all added up..
    they also dont show up on the damage in the attack status.

think you also have to be in red alert for the attack status to be accurate.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OK I'm not counting weapons modifiers like critH.

I'm just counting rep, weapons specialization skill, and the base change.

By system space, I mean in a star system like Orbit of ESD or in an STF, not sector space.

I am basing the 5.5% number on what I see in attack stats under crit chance when I open my status page in system space. I am not in combat/Red Alert at the time. Does that matter?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Is there something I could be doing wrong? In looking at it? I'd like to know if it's my fault, or a legitimate bug, before I report it. Also I'm hesitant to upgrade to AP before I get my crit above 5.5.

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crit chance derived from skills will not appear on your character sheet.

Though looking at what you've listed, you should be sitting at a crit of 15.48%, not 5.5%
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    the individual ones on weapons dont stack..
    so if you have critH on every weapon you dont get them all added up..
    they also dont show up on the damage in the attack status.

think you also have to be in red alert for the attack status to be accurate.

No, you don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Crit chance derived from skills will not appear on your character sheet.

Though looking at what you've listed, you should be sitting at a crit of 15.48%, not 5.5%

Ah ha! Ok so +CritH from weapons specialization does NOT show up on the attack stats of your character sheet? Just confirming.

And I listed all the critH boosts I know about, then I continued to say that I only had Rep, Maxed weapons spec, and the base chance.

• Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o1derfull1 wrote: »
    Ah ha! Ok so +CritH from weapons specialization does NOT show up on the attack stats of your character sheet? Just confirming.

And I listed all the critH boosts I know about, then I continued to say that I only had Rep, Maxed weapons spec, and the base chance.

How could it show up on your character sheet? You have diffeent skills for different weapons (energy vs projectiles).

So yes, the skill based crit doesn't show up on your character sheet.

If you are doing a crit build, skip antiprotons. You can't get good enough antiprotons to be worthwhile. If you really want to excel with a crit build, max out your crit chance and use CrtDx3 weapons.

Unless of course this is PVP and you are looking at Accx2 fleet AP weapons, then maybe. But generally CrtDx3 murders in PVE where you don't really need accuracy.
  • Options
    alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Doesnt overflow acc go into crit as well?

My romulan is running a fleet hafeh with 20% base crit and is using acc antiproton fleet weapons.
    The innate critD from antiprotons makes them the perfect choice for a build with high critchance.

I do not often meet people who outdamage me in pve.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you are doing a crit build, skip antiprotons. You can't get good enough antiprotons to be worthwhile. If you really want to excel with a crit build, max out your crit chance and use CrtDx3 weapons.

Unless of course this is PVP and you are looking at Accx2 fleet AP weapons, then maybe. But generally CrtDx3 murders in PVE where you don't really need accuracy.

I'm still relatively new here, but I've done some research, and while many people swear that either their damage type of choice is best, or they're all (essentially) equal for PvE purposes, mathematically AP is your best best for maximum personal dps. So what do you mean by "you can't get good enough AP to be worthwhile?" I was looking at the advance fleet AP weapons (unsure of modifiers. I read somewhere that the goal is about 7% critD to every 1% critH, and I'd have to figure out more specifically what I need to get that ratio).

I am not building specifically for PvP, but I do engage in it occasionally, and also liked AP because its not as popularly mitigated as plasma or disruptors, so it can't hurt to go AP for PvP either.