What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 22, 2013

2»

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    qelme wrote: »
    Since you guys are working in the carrier gameplay, can you fix the Advanced Orion Slavers? They are not getting the stuff they are suppose to get.

I performed some extensive testing of this ability just yesterday. It's working as originally designed.

The potential issue, however, is that the original design calls for the chance of receiving items to be exceedingly small (<1% chance, every 15sec). We're considering raising the odds slightly, but I can't guarantee that such a change will actually occur.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PLEASE!

Rename the uniform.

Many of us Romulans have nothing to do with the Fauxpublic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we execute Tovan yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    So ... you're saying it will be installed on Tuesday? ;)

(Star Trek Generations reference)

Seriously, love the new updates! Keep 'em coming, hope they make to Holodeck soon.

Not to be mean or anything...

But I got a grand chuckle out of the fact that you felt it was necessary to indicate where you got your Star Trek Quote from...

In a Star Trek forum.

;):D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Borticus -- thank you for looking at the Aquarius' use of its main cannons.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I performed some extensive testing of this ability just yesterday. It's working as originally designed.

The potential issue, however, is that the original design calls for the chance of receiving items to be exceedingly small (<1% chance, every 15sec). We're considering raising the odds slightly, but I can't guarantee that such a change will actually occur.

So basically they are a waste of resources since they are viewed as an investment if they aren't going to do much of anything. So it would basically take years for them to loot in the equivalent of how much they cost. More being so with the elite ones because as far as I can tell they are worse off than the advanced ones.

Edit: The elite ones do loot but the % chance of it is so low when I got them it was between 5-6 hours before they actually ever looted anything. The only way I could see how this working as designed is if that 1% chance and whatever the elite chance is in conjunction with some kind of loot table hard cap.
  • twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope, still unable to claim the Veteran Ship..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Not sure why this is so low, but I don't think it would hurt for it to be higher. Perhaps a change to 2.5% every 20sec?
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seems that KDF allied Romulans cant do the KDF star cluster daily, but the Fed allied Romulans can do theirs. Is this a bug or working as intended?
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With all the new romulan outfits, is there any chance we can get the romulan alien size bug fixed?

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PLEASE!

Rename the uniform.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not...

Still, you can't execute Boff's; just dismiss them back to Command (well, most of them).
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited July 2013
    Im seriously itching to try the Romulan Vet ship.. why'd it still no workie :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mineforfishmineforfish Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's been said before but just in case, are all of you who can't get the vet ship getting the requisition form first? You can't claim it in the ship store without one of those.
    edited July 2013
    It's been said before but just in case, are all of you who can't get the vet ship getting the requisition form first? You can't claim it in the ship store without one of those.

Id claimed it before the patch, now the requirements are different.. Mine just comes up with it needs you to be 1000 day vet and 0EC :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PLEASE!

Rename the uniform.

If you don't want anything to do with the Republic, then don't wear their uniforms or use their ships.
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Emphasis added

Did the "original design" change between its original iteration and the gameplay experience that players became accustomed to in the past year?

Is it possible that the drop rate was <1% originally, then increased to some higher figure, and is now again reduced to <1%?

I have no idea if that scenario is accurate, but your use of "original" made me curious. I know many players feel that the current results are significantly lower than their prior experience with these unique craft.

Thank you for engaging in the concerns of the player base.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Not to be mean or anything...

But I got a grand chuckle out of the fact that you felt it was necessary to indicate where you got your Star Trek Quote from...

In a Star Trek forum.

;):D

Well, he must have forgotten that this is the place where people on some sort of star trek talk about what they're doing. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So... Has anyone been able to access the 500-day Romulan Uniform? I can't seem to locate it, if it's there...

I have the Vet Ship and shuttle(s), the Vet Ship Material, and the "Republic Dress Uniform" .. but nothing for the Admiral (500-Day) Uniform...

Any pointers? Is it not there? Is there some trick to claiming??

My account is Active, and I have 1285 days...

Jolan'tru
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I have no idea what your talking about a req form never had to do that with my feds or kdf you just go to the shipyard talk to the NPC that deals with the ships and POOF! that's it where is this so called req form I need to get and test this ship.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    So... Has anyone been able to access the 500-day Romulan Uniform? I can't seem to locate it, if it's there...

I have the Vet Ship and shuttle(s), the Vet Ship Material, and the "Republic Dress Uniform" .. but nothing for the Admiral (500-Day) Uniform...

Any pointers? Is it not there? Is there some trick to claiming??

My account is Active, and I have 1285 days...

Jolan'tru
    [/QUOTE

it was mention by SI that they would be in the next push along with some others things.
    edited July 2013
    I have no idea what your talking about a req form never had to do that with my feds or kdf you just go to the shipyard talk to the NPC that deals with the ships and POOF! that's it where is this so called req form I need to get and test this ship.

If you talk to the Ship Requisitions guy, there's an option:

"I need another Daeinos Heavy Destroyer requisition form."

Yeah, new thing.. don't like it..

Jolan'tru
    edited July 2013

it was mention by SI that they would be in the next push along with some others things.

Thanks... wonder if there will be one before Thursday... doubtful.
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    10 char...oops
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    See "Known Issues."

Thanks Alot! I can now make a duty officer tag
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So basically they are a waste of resources since they are viewed as an investment if they aren't going to do much of anything. So it would basically take years for them to loot in the equivalent of how much they cost. More being so with the elite ones because as far as I can tell they are worse off than the advanced ones.

Edit: The elite ones do loot but the % chance of it is so low when I got them it was between 5-6 hours before they actually ever looted anything. The only way I could see how this working as designed is if that 1% chance and whatever the elite chance is in conjunction with some kind of loot table hard cap.

the thing is when they were first out they used to loot loads of contraband and other items. then one day nothing ur lucky if they loot once a day

i went from gettting 20-30 contraband per elite stf to diddly sqawt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]