vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Post edited by vinsinar on

Comments

• Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vinsinar wrote: »

Whatever it is, it sure is ugly. But thats just my opinion.. Is this like a leak or something??
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol, I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the ship, but that picture makes it look horrible (what ever IT is).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eh, dunno, look at the bottom, its for a podcast..... doubt they'd get something as juicy as a full picture before a twitter teaser. honestly it looks a lot like a picture i saw in a different htread for a romulan ship from Bridge commander or Starfleet Academy i believe.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Almost looks like a hybrid of Tholian and Romulan technology kinda like how the Tal Shiar adaptive is a borg hybrid.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,831 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Almost looks like a hybrid of Tholian and Romulan technology kinda like how the Tal Shiar adaptive is a borg hybrid.

Yeah, kinda like a Tholian ship with a D'deridex head.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks more like and elachi/romulan hybrid, which based on there links and the tal shiar, i wouldnt put it past them bringing such a hybrid into the game.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Well Tholians CAN travel in time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is a legit picture. The day before priority one posted a similar image with the vet ship. Safe to say this is one on the time ships.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, agreed. If you look closely, you can see the time engine roundrels that the other timeships have on the underside of the hull.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't look too bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    decker03decker03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is about time to get an useful Romulan sci ship, but this doesn't really fit my personal aesthetics. But, my hopes are still up. It can't be that hard to transform the general sleek timeship design into a good looking warbird. Even Cryptic should be able to do it.

decker999
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johankreig wrote: »
    Looks more like and elachi/romulan hybrid, which based on there links and the tal shiar, i wouldnt put it past them bringing such a hybrid into the game.

Well I had thought about that and even Iconian but the colour scheme doesn't really fit since they have darker colour themes. Tholians on the hand have a very similar colour pallet and if we look at the Nukara gear on an adaptive destroyer it gives that same silver look. http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag38/raintbg/Nukara_zpsf23058a8.jpg

jmaster29 wrote: »
    Well Tholians CAN travel in time...

I never said it wasn't a time ship in fact I was thinking that very thing. It would make sense if they got their hands on time traveling technology from the Tholians especially since the break up of the Romuilan star Empire. Resources are tight now so it would fit that they would find another way to acquire the technology. We know Romulans aren't above stealing technologies as the Haakona and Borg adaptive ship have proven. Only question in my mind would be is it a Tal shiar ship or Romulan Republic?
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope this is the wells one becuase, I'm not big fan of the looks, and hope the romulan temporal destroyer looks awesome.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really dont wish to upset everyone, (But thats probably impossible ), however, the Romulan Destroyer is being tested on Tribble right now and can be found here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=794381
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Priority One has some better quality screen shots of the Romulan Time Ship: http://youtu.be/3xrDPbHUdh4?t=1m51s
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Priority One has some better quality screen shots of the Romulan Time Ship: http://youtu.be/3xrDPbHUdh4?t=1m51s

Actually looks great - there is more footage towards the very end as well.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,831 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think I like it that much....ehh can't love every ship I suppose.
  • Options
    goku5030goku5030 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't think I like it that much....ehh can't love every ship I suppose.

I like it and I like cookies ships as well :D
  • Options
    heritor1heritor1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rom time ship, its a fascinating idea, you could see in the video it had 4/3 weapon's, with triple tactical, single eng & single science BOFF slots, which would mean a D'Deridex based destroyer id think, unless it gets changed ofc
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    heritor1 wrote: »
    rom time ship, its a fascinating idea, you could see in the video it had 4/3 weapon's, with triple tactical, single eng & single science BOFF slots, which would mean a D'Deridex based destroyer id think, unless it gets changed ofc

I doubt that. Chances are that most of what you are seeing besides the hull look is just a placeholder. Otherwise, why would those BoFF stations all be ensign level?

In all likelihood, this is simply the new skin that will finally allow romulan captains to pilot the Temporal Science Vessel and Temporal Destroyer.

Also, even if it was not a placeholder, note that the video layout is supported by the Temporal Destroyer in-game. It isn't new.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think its a time ship AND the requested full romulan carrier in the same time, ofc if averything is not just a placeholder.

After i watched the podcast video, if you look at the first time the timeship apears in the video (well actually the 2nd time, right after the text "One more sneak peek") you can see the new carrier pet UI in the top left corner of the screen and also down on the screen above the weapons you can see the old carrier coomands. I wonder if it will have new hangar pets with chroniton torps since i dont think i've seen them on any other hangar pets.
    Imo it even looks as a romulanized Atrox, at least its how i see it.

Btw i find it soo awesome you guys (and girl) could visit Cryptic HQ :)
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vinsinar wrote: »

I'm almost entirely certain that ship is a different romulan ship in the pipes to be released. Watch the priority one video for shots of both it and the timeship.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's the Romulan Time-ship. One fugly ship for me though....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has the Timeship in it, but nothing on the MirrorDestroyer version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xrDPbHUdh4