test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tactical, rcs console help

howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
this is for my deridex fleet version i am not expecting a lot im simply thinking every little bit helps

alright first can i get fleet prefire chambers and if i use 2 will i get the damage out of them or is there a limit to how many i can use? i guess what im asking is are they stackable?

second engineer rcs accelerators i am thinking about getting 4 fleet level ones in the future not set in stone i have a fleet deridex im also getting a fleet engine so is there a limit?
Post edited by howiebabey82 on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tac consoles stack, but remember, its only BASE damage that they increase the percentage of, not after all your modifiers and such.

I believe rcs consoles stack, but again, base turn rate increase only.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fleet prefire chambers? i don't think those exist, even if they did, they suck compared to tac consoles that buff a particular weapon type (disruptor coils, phaser relays, ...)

yes all tac buff cosnole stack without diminishing returns.

fleet rcs certainly can make your ship turn better, but when you are at a point where you want 4 of those, i believe you might not want to fly a cruiser in the first place. One is OK, with 2 you already need to sacrifice important +dmg consoles (zero point, assimilated, tachokynetic?,) or other important consoles (2 set console for the d'deridex)

also the rcs have no diminishing return, but buff only your base turnrate...so even with 2 rcs with 40% increase you are looking at a possible 2 - 3 degree turnrate increase. at the cost of valuable console space. imho definately not worth it.

even though d'deridex can use DHC, it's questionable to do so.
    Go pro or go home
  • howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    im using cannons and turrets on it im getting fleet engines so that will help with the turning on it
  • waweriwaweri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wait what; when did they change the whole console stacking thing? I took two long breaks from the game and I swore that you had to juggle the weapon damage and the energy damage ones.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They never changed it. It's been the same since the big skill revamp (season 5 I think?), and the only difference before that was that the beam and cannon consoles gave the same boost as the energy type ones, with the penalty for mixing energy types being built into the skill system.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tax consoles stack and it is very much recommended you go full in with the energy type of your choice. Meaning if you use 3 antiproton and 1 quantum, use full mag regulators (the anti proton tac console) and no quantum tac consoles for best results

Rcs consoles do stack but with diminishing returns...say you have a +40%, a +38% and a +36% set of consoles equipped. The +40% gives you the full benefit to your base turn, the +38% gives you half for 19% and the +36% only give a quarter for 9%.

I am under the impression that the game calculates the console with the most turn rate first, then applies the half diminishing return to the second highest and so on...

2 is already a shaky proposition and beyond that is a TRIBBLE shoot. Best to look at skills and trying to maintain a higher impulse speed as speed grants turn rate,
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dahminus wrote: »

Rcs consoles do stack but with diminishing returns...say you have a +40%, a +38% and a +36% set of consoles equipped. The +40% gives you the full benefit to your base turn, the +38% gives you half for 19% and the +36% only give a quarter for 9%.,

I think you are wrong here. Take a ship with a turn rate of 10 with a 40% boost from a console. Your turn rate moves to 14. Your next console will move your turn rate to 18. It is all based off your initial turn rate of the ship. Then your thruster skill and other resources come into play. To check for yourself check in Sol system space and add one console at a time. If they are the same you can see to boost step up e same amount as you add one at a time.
    320x240.jpg
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    have tested and my findings with diminished returns were correct. pics incoming tommorow
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rcs consoles do stack but with diminishing returns...say you have a +40%, a +38% and a +36% set of consoles equipped. The +40% gives you the full benefit to your base turn, the +38% gives you half for 19% and the +36% only give a quarter for 9%.

I am under the impression that the game calculates the console with the most turn rate first, then applies the half diminishing return to the second highest and so on...
    have tested and my findings with diminished returns were correct. pics incoming tommorow

The last time I tested RCS accelerators, they did not have diminishing returns. After the changes in Legacy of Romulus, an RCS accelerator increases your turn rate by the stated percentage of your ship's base turn rate. The percentage applies the ship's base turn rate, not the turn rate displayed in the "Movement" section of your ship status window.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2 is already a shaky proposition and beyond that is a TRIBBLE shoot. Best to look at skills and trying to maintain a higher impulse speed as speed grants turn rate,

This is incorrect. Assuming constant engine power and no active buffs such as Attack Pattern Omega or Evasive Maneuvers, your ship reaches its maximum turn rate when your impulse slider is at 1/4 (regardless of the actual speed this corresponds to). Both speed and turn rate are tied to engine power. Increasing engine power increases both.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I think you are wrong here. Take a ship with a turn rate of 10 with a 40% boost from a console. Your turn rate moves to 14. Your next console will move your turn rate to 18. It is all based off your initial turn rate of the ship. Then your thruster skill and other resources come into play. To check for yourself check in Sol system space and add one console at a time. If they are the same you can see to boost step up e same amount as you add one at a time.

it's correct that the cosnoles will allways add a certain percent of your ship's BASE TURNRATE...skills apply separately from this and do not get affected by the RCS consoles.

in your case, one rcs applies allways 4...no matter what.
    Go pro or go home