test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On the note of a new reputation, I DO NOT want to be grinding freaking marks again. It's nothing but a BORING and DREADFUL time-gated snoozefest until tier 5. So whatever changes you have planned for this new reputation track had better address these issues. Let's earn reputation for completing objectives or defeating enemies that are related to this reputation. We could still have projects that reward a bulk of reputation AND we can have smaller but repeatable means to build rep. That way the wait doesn't have to feel so boring and we can have players actively engaged in activities that immediately rewards them for their time rather than waiting around for 20 hours.

And I for one don't want to see freaking Mark X items again. Who in their right minds would want to invest in those at endgame?
  • lotusmoonlotusmoon Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    The roadmap into the next season in nice but I personally really like it more when things such as maps, items, and clothing are released/updated. Missions are nice but I can also keep myself entertained pretty well without them, especially the combat missions. I like being able to lounge about at the Resort on Risa, which I really hope stays around since it is something I have been wanting for awhile now, or being able choose a different outfit for the day or planet.

I personally hope that there are plans in the future, when other more pressing things are worked out, for more social or hangout maps in places like Andoria, Cardassia, or other well known or much referenced places. It would also be nice if we could get more equipable vanity items too. I'm jealous of the NPCs on Risa standing around with cups or padds in hand.

That being said though, congratulations on expanding content for KDF and for making Romulans sympathetic and relateable. ;)
  • adamfluxadamflux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm really enjoying what's been done with the Romulan story a lot. I'm also pleased with the way endgame content is integrated. I haven't gotten very deep into my Klingon but I'm impressed with that story as well.

In reference to the Exploration update, I'd very much like to see the faction themes present there. When my Romulan goes out to explore, I want to be doing things to help Romulans and Remans living in diaspora, with my Klingon I want to be conquering and with my Betazoid I'd like to do mining dispute resolutions and dealing with weird anomalies and things. In your meditations on how to improve exploration, which could be an incredible draw to the replay, please use the unique flavor and stories of your well crafted factions in order to make the experience less grindy.

Also, I'm going to try my own hand at it in Foundry, but since you now have her outfit, I'd love to see Vash in the game.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    Have to go with Voyager since there is more content to draw from, Enterprise would be next on the list though :D

Hopefully we'll see some Son'a ships probably in a lockbox (as long as they make it it in-game) since that seems like a perfect fit as there was a Battle cruiser, Command ship, and a shuttle. We know the Son'a supplied the Jem'Hadar with Ketracel White during the Dominion war so there might be some ships floating around for an enterprising Ferengi to recommission. For those unfamiliar with the designs.....

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/sona1.htm

As long as your asking for feedback on stuff I'd purchase if it was an option.....

1. Suliban as unlockable race for Romulans (Hirogen would be nice also or allow us to use the Hirogen armor as an unlock)

2. Lethean and Ferasan playable ships (ability to use the new Qaw'Dun skin on a T5 bop)

3. A retrofit cruiser based on the Miranda class: have it use the MU Vo'Quv boff layout to make it something different and class it as a light destroyer.

4. A good T5 sci ship for KDF

5. A MU intrepid with a LTC universal boff station

6. Mekleth, Raptor Star replica sword, and Nausicaan Energy lance as player usable weapons, more unique ground weapons in general would be appreciated.

7. Targ/Saur/Jackal mastiff handler kits for the KDF

8. Female Nausicaans/Letheans/Gorn as player option come on we have Tellerites :P

9. Clothing options for the KDF that we don't have to purchase from the Lobi store as a per character unlock (including off-duty, uniforms, accessories aka belts, sashes, hairstyles, etc)

10. C-store token to grant 20% bonus Rep XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voted more TNG stuff (rework the Galaxy Class and release a 3 Pack ship bundle similar to the Vesta class, like THIS).

- Would like to see much more Exploration/puzzeling type of Missions, instead of all that pew pew.
    - functional ship interiors.
    - Andrew Probert's CONCEPT Ambassador Class Ship model as a buyable ship Costume.
    - A Vulcan Combat cruiser (destroyer Type) ship.
    - The option to change the visuals of cannon weapons to Beam. (I hate the fact that Beam Weapons are among the weakest in this Game)
    - As i already said: dontdrunkimshoots enhanced exploration cruiser retrofit 3 pack I cannot stress enough how important this is.

I surely have forgotten most of the things that are important to me, lol.
    (just look at my Sig.)

Btw. nice to see you wanting our feedback.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a lot of awesome stuff down the road. :)

I'd really like to see something done with crafting. Always enjoyed professions/crafting in MMO's and would love to see good items as either an alternative for or better than end-game items that give players who invest the time to raise crafting skill to make it worthwhile for everyone involved.

Would also love to see more ships from other species like Trill, Betazoid, Ferasan, etc. Maybe more Vulcan, Caitian, Gorn, and Orion ships too. :P

Perhaps even more playable factions that can ally with their respective side. Perhaps a Trill, Vulcan, Orion, etc. faction and have them ally with Federation/KDF much like how the Romulan faction currently works, although some would probably have to be aligned with a specific one automatically since they're a part of that faction anyway in-story and not exactly refugees. For instance, the Vulcan faction would be aligned with the Federation regardless, even though they have a seperate storyline and content for the first 20 levels or whatever. And there's always the reputation system for these new "factions". Could do a seperate reputation for each species with their own flavored sets, etc.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for all the stuff and fun. :)
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • glasgow4glasgow4 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see the Iconian story resolved before moving on to the next new and shiny, so to that end I voted TNG.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    According to that poll the TNG uniform and combadge wont get a fix soon lol
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voyager gross.

well if Voyager wins at least we will get crappy reused TNG episodes.

god Voyager the worst of all the Star Trek series.

I voted for TNG The Best Trek ever
    GwaoHAD.png
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I voted for Voyager only because it's the most recent era of the timeline. Personally I would rather see a departure for the series and most effort put into creating more original current time content.

I'd rather see it discovered that the Iconians were responsible for the Hobus Supernova because they were trying to get Sela and Hakeev into power because they would be much more pliable to Iconians Agendas. Starfleet and the Romulan Star Empire declaring a cease fire now that Sela is out of the picture, Starfleet authorizing the use of a Genesis device to restore Romulus and other planets and then once all that BS is corrected a continuation of the rest of the storyline.

Time to leave all the JJ trek and Series in the past where they belong and look to the future of truly original Star Trek content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • csrr12905csrr12905 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kazon, please?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i would like to see hte most

domminon faction.
    cardie faction.

also some voyager ships and races would be nice.

as for pvp dont care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Brandon I dare you to make a poll between Bugfixes and Expansion with 2nd-Rate Baddies
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Brandon I dare you to make a poll between Bugfixes and Expansion with 2nd-Rate Baddies

I second that.

Put up a poll for "Season 8 - PWE's Plan" or "Season 8 - The Big Bugfix".
    See what people really want.
    pTTNy7x.png
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good State of the Game, I like the upcoming stuff. I'm curious about the Rep System adjustments. Happy there are gonna be swimsuits next year. Hope we get a good variety.

I'm HUNGRY for the space adventure zone though, that could be incredible and I'm really looking forward to it.

And if the snowballs with attitudes have a grudge they can bring it on.

I noticed the skirt on the Romulan dress uniform, but where are the normal skirts?

And that concept art? Bloody creepy. Which leads me to believe it's an Elachi city.

======

I voted Enterprise primarily because I want more Denobulan and Suliban interaction and crew, but truthfully I would prefer more original content. I know you guys have the chops for it.

The Voyager stuff would be alright, but there's actually plenty going on in the Alpha and Beta Quadrant, we don't need to involve the Delta Quadrant. Though an explanation for how in the heck Linnea is in the Alpha Quadrant would be appreciated.

The Gamma Quadrant is more ripe, primarily because we actually have a ready way of traveling there without retrofitting every ship in three fleets with long range Quantum Slipstreams and building huge add ons to the Transwarp Conduit Network.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What i would like to see is Multiple choice marks pack for STFs.... Most of the players that participate have like 2k+ Omega marks... Why don't you give us options on which marks we want to take?? The package could contain Nukara, Omega and Romulan Marks. Same amount for each type of marks. An example: Infected: The Conduit (Elite) gives about 60-150 Omega marks. Instead of those marks we should be able to take Nukara or romulan marks 60-150 of them.
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, let's have an entire new story arc focused on the Iconians!:D
  • zcl1987zcl1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A cool thought that I had (or at least I thought it was cool) was an addition that could be made to Starfleet Academy, perhaps even using the holodecks. It would be a chance for any captain of any level to relive some of the more memorable missions from past series and past captains. Perhaps play as Picard, Kirk, Janeway, Archer, or Sisko, all the main captains.
    Kind of like Riker did when revisiting the Nx-01 in the final episode of the Enterprise series...even though I don't much like that episode...
    At any rate, just throwing that idea out there.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I vote Bugfixes.
    By which I do not mean things such as: removing the sell option from dilithium the store vendor, decreasing mail attachment limits, further limiting exchange sales, etc.
    What I refer to are things that cause client crashing, make missions impossible to complete, cause enemies to ignore shields, cause penalty timers to apply when removed from a map against your will, make heads and other body parts disappear, etc...
    Think of it this way: If it does not harm your players, do not fix it to do so; if it does harm your players, do fix it so that it does not.

I also hope "The new Reputation will represent a major shift in how the reputation system rewards players, taking into account much of the feedback and comments about the existing reps by adjusting the way project and reward structures are integrated, hopefully making it much more approachable than some of the previous systems." means something account-wide... with each current tier contributing 50% of its current progress towards the account-wide unlock. In other words, only have to grind Reputation once per account, and if you already have at two characters currently maxed in a given Reputation you get the account unlock maxed at launch. This is probably way too optimistic, though.

As far as voting... I went with TOS as it had the shortest run. That way, we might not introduce so many new toys that Season 9 really is the grand Bugfix... unless Enterprise wins, and the Xindi Insectoids start acting strangely.

I like the Mark fix idea, btw, but I fear they might go the other direction and just nerf STF Omega Mark rewards to the point of Romulan/Nukara Marks instead... and we REALLY DON'T need that.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The new Reputation will represent a major shift in how the reputation system rewards players, taking into account much of the feedback and comments about the existing reps by adjusting the way project and reward structures are integrated, hopefully making it much more approachable than some of the previous systems. ~ Daniel Stahl
    As far as I am concerned, I think it may be a little too late. If anything takes away from everyone's progress, similar to the last switch over, I think allot of people will be upset.

Integrating the reputation system with episode missions is a great idea; however, I am not going to regrind all of my rewards back. You guys have to stop going to extremes, so that you can fix a damaged system.

Suggested Changes to the Reputation System:
    (1) Reduce the cool down timers.
    (2) Reduce the dilithium requirements.
    (3) Reward marks through episode missions, which relate to the reputation holding's theme.
    (4) Make more stfs that reward Nukara and Romulan marks.
    (5) Done.

Suggested List of Goals:
    (1) Reduce the grind.
    (2) Reduce the cool down waiting periods.
    (3) Reduce the dilithium resource requirements.
    (4) Make more ways to get Romulan and Nukura marks.

That is it.

You do not need to rebuild the Empire State Building.
    You do not need to rebuild the Great Wall of China.
    Someone has already created large sand pyramids in Egypt.
  • myobxinfinitymyobxinfinity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More story is always welcome. One of this game's strongest aspects is the continuing story. It would be cool to have the Cardassians become one of the interesting factions instead of just bad guys, maybe even playable (I realize that would be hard)
  • pgcomptonpgcompton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A BORG faction Please. :D it would be so cool to play as the BORG.

We are the Borg you will be assimulated. Ressistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. You will become Borg.
  • lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    atm 112 people r smart smart smart smart smart 657 R stiuepid!!!!
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    The Voth for sure would make sense either for wanting to take back Earth or wanting to make sure there is no evidence of the "Distant Origin" theory.

I actually voted for Voyager because of the amount of space there.

Finally, if you guys are sitting around thinking about a new Expansion. While a Cardassian or Dominion Faction would be nice...I personally would vote for a Neo-Collective of Hugh-style Borg or a form of the Collective that formed at the end in the ST:Voyager episode "Unity" could work too.

In the 2nd half of the massively interview they said if we see another expansion they said might see a new race added, which leads me to think it would be Cardassians since they're pretty much by themselves.

I doubt we will ever see Borg, it just wont work well as gameplay...not to mention take away from one of their driving points for selling lifetime accounts.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It sounds like lots of big plans. No mention of the Foundry or PVP,

.... or STF's ... :(

qjunior wrote: »
    Cool picture !

And a nice read..... SWIMWEAR ! :) Next year ! :(

And as usual , it won't be the swimwear that we've been asking 4 .
  • brenvbrenv Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I voted TNG.

More Wolf 359 ships
    TNG cast hairstyles and other show uniforms
    Open ended Missions that make us think

and honestly I'd like to see the rep system become account wide. Still keep the rep rewards and rep bonus separate. each can buy from the store with its own resources. would just be nice to not have to grind the same rep over and over for 18 characters (which i have). :P
    you can still control the cooldowns with timers, just basically treat it like your own mini fleet.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fist of all I miss the option to vote for The Animated Series. It had many cool aliens in it that wasn't possible to make on TV at the time but that are today a piece of cake to make.

Aquans
    Arretians
    Cygnians
    Dramans
    Edoans
    Megans
    Pandronians
    Phylosians
    Skorr
    Sord
    Ursinoids
    Vedala
    Vendorians

As for aditional combat/vanity pets
    Pterodon
    Le-Matya
    Glommer
    Capellan power cat
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Sorry, got carried away ...

And Enterprise is not bad!

I loved it!

What has DS9 got that is new , hard and/or interesting species , that the other series's do not. I do not think DS9 were that good on the exploring front.

more like what dose ds9 not have??! they have the dominion, a worm hole that makes very short travel to the gamma quadrant, so that alone is a massive region of space for exploration. where as getting to the delta quadrant would take some journey just to get to it's edge. there is also the breen which could be used much more in the game than just a deferi story. maybe the devs should make a ice world adventure zone, which could also host the winter events. also the ferengi featured in ds9 in a big way. in fact ds9 featured a huge amount of planets, species, ships, major and minor factions. far more than people realise or give it credit for. the art of the great show, being on a space station while adding so much to the star trek universe. they also had characters from tng in it like Q whom sisko punched. lursa and b'etor and their k'vort bird of prey which should really get added to the game. I could go on and on.

tbh with the exception of an ent d and e bridge and the some of the crew... Barclay(also in voager), riker, picard, worf(also in ds9) and data, oh and sela might aswell mention her. theres not much point in voting for tng.

also ds9 heavily featured what many feel should be the 4th faction in the game which is the cardassians. their story needs much work.

don't get me wrong enterprise was good. had some of the best written story trek has ever seen. but I wouldn't go around thinking ds9 added nothing lol
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    more rep grind
    more fleet grind
    *meh*

one token episode to introduce a new enemy (new stuff to pew pew at and new LockBox Content at the same time)... slightly interesting, but why not a full blown FE SERIES?

Space Adventure Zone ... unless it has PvP? *shrug* <- directly ties into the next rep grind system so it will be fun for 1-3 days and after 2 weeks i will hate it thx to being forced to grind it? very exciting...

artwork... looks like a giant Iconian Gateway?
    ...honestly i do not expect to EVER see the conclusion of that storyline, not with how it has been dragging along over 3 years now with only token mentions.

Where are the big upgrades to the Foundry? DOff System [Gateway???]? PvP?
    The actual FUN and ENTERTAINING stuff this game had to offer once upon a time and has been on the backburner for far too long... because *REASONS*.

But the stupid reputation systems, that are just money and time sinks to keep players BUSY (not ENTERTAINED, big difference here... busy is better than bored, but long term i want more from a game than being busy to fill buckets that give me rewards that i do not need for anything really... stuff is too easy anyway and PvP isn't worth doing in the unchanged state it has been in since LAUNCH).

Exploration got a token mention as a MAYBE, woop dee doo, and no one knows what Cryptic is thinking here anyway.

State of the Game: "we are maintaining the monetization systems"

and no word on Bug Fixes... but that is ok i wouldn't believe it anyway.

#Vote: for TNG,
    because i want to see the real TNG Movie Rifles and the Galaxy Class really needs some serious love [complete high-res remake of the Ship plz. remade BOff Layout, full blown interior and some friggen STRAIGHT lines on the textures *looks like after a car crash* + that Saucer Sep on Gal-X thing that has been hanging around for over a year now].

beyond that i would vote for everything but TOS... really have seen enough TOS in STO and the JJ stuff is also all about TOS, i'm a fan of the TNG era, ENT also has some things left to salvage i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roodxofxutherroodxofxuther Member Posts: 1 Media Corps
    edited July 2013
    Snowmen return in a big way? Hopefully more Overlords. Or better yet, Q says he's created his own STF against the overlord and his minions!!!
This discussion has been closed.