test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boff Traits

garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm wondering if someone can answer it definitively so I don't have to guess.

Do you need to have a bridge officer slotted to a station on your bridge in order to make use of their traits? For example to make use of my saurian and borg officers efficient traits, would they both need to be slotted into bridge officer stations?

Likewise for ground traits that benefit my character would that Boff need to be in my Away team?
Post edited by garhdo on

Comments

• borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    garhdo wrote: »
    I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm wondering if someone can answer it definitively so I don't have to guess.

Do you need to have a bridge officer slotted to a station on your bridge in order to make use of their traits? For example to make use of my saurian and borg officers efficient traits, would they both need to be slotted into bridge officer stations?

Likewise for ground traits that benefit my character would that Boff need to be in my Away team?

yes boffs have to been slotted as active ( in the power bar) to use there traits.
    same for away team, they have to beam down with you to use there traits.

i only dont know if you equip a boff on your shuttle slot, that his/her trait gets added also...

hope this helps
  • mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i only dont know if you equip a boff on your shuttle slot, that his/her trait gets added also..

The trait of an officer slotted in the shuttle slot is applied only when in the shuttle and only that boff's traits are used.
  • garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, a second question linked to the one above: do ground traits from BOffs just affect them? or do they give a bonus to your captain as well?
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    garhdo wrote: »
    So, a second question linked to the one above: do ground traits from BOffs just affect them? or do they give a bonus to your captain as well?

Depends on the Trait... Some of them do effect the entire Away Team (e.g. 'Teamwork')

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait/boff