test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Day/Night Cylces

ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
Does anyone know how the day/night cycles work on Risa? Specifically, how long does each one last and when do they start. I want to know so that I can plan on doing some accolades at night and during the day. There are two suns for Risa, so I figure it's not in tandem with real time.
Post edited by ajlagaran on

Comments

• javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seems like two hour to me, but, really, I don't have a clue.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And its not synched to real world time. I've seen different instances of the Risa Event in both day and night at the same time...
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    According to Tacofangs, Cryptic's game engine can simulate a scaled 24 hours daylight cycle. Each instance of the Risa event zone map has it's own daylight cycle. I believe the daylight cycle of the zone begins when the instance is spun up,. For example, all current zones at maximum player capacity and server spins up a new instance for more player. That is why the Risa instances daylight cycles are not in sync.
  • ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Alright, thanks for the answers. It sounds like I have to switch instances until I find day or night.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep ion mind there are only 3 accolades for the night cycle, Fire works, The unsupported Party and the Pavil one. The pavil one takes several night cycles to complete. If you have access to raptr someone posted a complete map of the accolades for risa there.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I'm not at work now, so I can't do the calculation at the moment, but I've done it before. I think the full cycle was somewhere around an hour and a half. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep ion mind there are only 3 accolades for the night cycle, Fire works, The unsupported Party and the Pavil one. The pavil one takes several night cycles to complete. If you have access to raptr someone posted a complete map of the accolades for risa there.

There are actually four...
    the fight between the Klingon and trill in front of the float shop also takes place at night, generally right after the fireworks.
  • frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, the "mokbara" accolade can only be found during the day.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    frostovski wrote: »
    Also, the "mokbara" accolade can only be found during the day.

Actually, several of the accolades are time specific;
    • The Arguing Klingon and Trill can only be done a night
    • The Fireworks one can only be done at sunset/dusk.
    • Unauthorised Beach Party is also only collectable at night.
    • Pavyl's accolades are all night based I believe, you speak to him during the day on the beach, then have to find him at night.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can take advantage of the out of sync day/night by hopping instances to get what you want. I did that with Pavil (toggled back and forth between instances which were day and night), and with the Klingon/Trill argument (hopped around instances until I found one where they were present).
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    1/10 of one (in game) hour, is 25 seconds.
    So 1 full hour is 250 seconds (slightly over 4 minutes)
    So one full 24 hour cycle is 6000 seconds, or 100 minutes.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I tried getting the "Fireworks" accolade but I didn't get it. I was in front of the resort on the side where Pavyl was. The fireworks went off but I didn't get the accolade. I wonder if I was standing in the wrong place. Based on what I was reading, it said that to stand in front of the resort. When it gets dark some people will vanish, and others will appear. That happened so I figured I was in the right place.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks guys for the answers, that helps a lot. What I ended up doing for the Pavyl accolades is just change instances, then I managed to get all of them rather quickly.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ajlagaran wrote: »
    I tried getting the "Fireworks" accolade but I didn't get it. I was in front of the resort on the side where Pavyl was. The fireworks went off but I didn't get the accolade. I wonder if I was standing in the wrong place. Based on what I was reading, it said that to stand in front of the resort. When it gets dark some people will vanish, and others will appear. That happened so I figured I was in the right place.

I can guarantee you'll get the accolade if you stand on the docks with all of the NPCs who gather to watch the fireworks. I believe you also have to watch the entire display - the Accolade pops up at the end.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    FYI... if you ask in zone chat, there are generally several instances in different times...

Just jump to a night isntance.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    FYI... if you ask in zone chat, there are generally several instances in different times...

Just jump to a night isntance.

When you say 'jump to an instance', do you mean beam out and back again because you might find yourself at a different time of day if you do that?
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    1/10 of one (in game) hour, is 25 seconds.
    So 1 full hour is 250 seconds (slightly over 4 minutes)
    So one full 24 hour cycle is 6000 seconds, or 100 minutes.

Was that to reduce the number of sunburn-related incidences to ensure that Captains are always able to perform their duties? :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    When you say 'jump to an instance', do you mean beam out and back again because you might find yourself at a different time of day if you do that?

No, at the top of the mini map, it will say "Risa" click that, then click change instance. Or open the map and choose change instance.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, at the top of the mini map, it will say "Risa" click that, then click change instance. Or open the map and choose change instance.

Ah, cheers. :)
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela