test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Vo'quv and negh'var Build

mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
Anyone know of a good cheap pve build for the Mirror Vo'quv and Negh'var with an engi captain that does not require doffs to work. Also, what should i use in the hangar bay for the Mirror Vo'quv.

Thanks for any help :).
Post edited by mewmaster101 on

Comments

• tajrektajrek Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone know of a good cheap pve build for the Mirror Vo'quv and Negh'var with an engi captain that does not require doffs to work. Also, what should i use in the hangar bay for the Mirror Vo'quv.

Thanks for any help :).

For the Negvar I have had good success with two copies of aux to dampners running at the same time and equiping dual heavy cannons front and turrets aft. That with an rcs console or two should put you turning in the mid 20's. My build is something like this for pve

tac team 1
    Cannon Scatter Volley one

Emer Power to Shields one
    Aux to dampners 1
    Eng team 3
    Shield Tansfer hea 3l (forget the name)

Emer Power to Shields one
    Aux to dampners 1
    Vent Warp Plasma 2

Hazard Emits 1
    Transfer Shield Str 2

Fly in at point blank range to all enemies (cept crystaline) and wail on it . Heal yourself and throw heals on others as needed. Does decent damage and plenty of heals to go around .
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about this build for the Negh'var

not sure it has good enough turn rate for DHC, so I put in DBB instead and i am not sure if it is possible to run 2 sets of EPX, if not i will run aux2damp in place of one.

All the stuff is common MK XI stuff or Klingon mission rewards.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=neghvarawesome_0
  • farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is the problem with doffs? You don't need very rare/purple doffs to make things work. Even common and uncommon doffs can enhance your abilities a lot and you can get them for free during episodes or at the academy, or cheap on exchange.

Doffs I find very useful are:

shield distribution officers (they give you an extra shield heal when using brace for impact)

Warpcore and damage control engineer: extra power and reduce recharge time on EptX

projectile officer (if you use torpedoes): faster fire rate for torpedoes. Here you even can get a couple of free very rare ones

gravimetric scientist and deflector officer (if you use gravity well on the mirror voquv): extra gravity wells and reduced recharge time (=more grav wells)

Just give it a try. Go with low ones first, be amazed by the benefit the give and replace them by higher ones later :)
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, what i meant was i did not want builds that RELIED on Doffs to work, like A2B builds. I am fine with doffs and use them, just hate relying on them.

EDIT: Meant to put Beam overload on the build, not FAW, woops

Do RCS Accelerators stack and would filling all engi consoles with them + 6 points in thrusters allow an assault cruiser or gal-x to use DBB decently and still be survivable.
    edited July 2013
    Anyone have any ideas about the build and idea i posted, also what about this build for the Vo'quv mirror.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=mirrorvoquv_0
    edited July 2013
    I would not use Dual cannons on the Voquv. You sacrifice skills and consoles to keep it turning faster. Not sure if you can even equip it with them. Instead i would use beam arrays and use the engineers abilities to keep up all power levels. With the Voquv you can launch strong pets. Your role will be more supportive. Use disruptors or polarons to weaken the enemies and let the pets do the work.
    edited July 2013
    I would not use Dual cannons on the Voquv. You sacrifice skills and consoles to keep it turning faster. Not sure if you can even equip it with them. Instead i would use beam arrays and use the engineers abilities to keep up all power levels. With the Voquv you can launch strong pets. Your role will be more supportive. Use disruptors or polarons to weaken the enemies and let the pets do the work.

PRetty much all KDF ships can equip DCs and DHCs. I guess your right, just was wondering if that would work, what about replacing A2D with EPTW or RSp and ET2? I am guessing use neutronium alloys for the engi consoles. Also what about the Negh'var build i posted earlier, would it work or is the Tajreks build better or something else?

Thanks for help
    edited July 2013
    I cannot comment on the Negh'var. For the Voquv, yes what you suggested, but maybe try a drain-like build -> polarons, energy siphon, plamonic leech console, flow caps consoles and jem hadar set (or breen for a second drain skill). I use a similar build on the Kar'Fi and it works quite nicely. When i am at home later, I can test this. I have all the items and the ship. I can tell you then how it performs :)
    edited July 2013
    I cannot comment on the Negh'var. For the Voquv, yes what you suggested, but maybe try a drain-like build -> polarons, energy siphon, plamonic leech console, flow caps consoles and jem hadar set (or breen for a second drain skill). I use a similar build on the Kar'Fi and it works quite nicely. When i am at home later, I can test this. I have all the items and the ship. I can tell you then how it performs :)

I do not have plasmonic leech, though i do plan on getting the c-store ship eventually to get it, and what should I replace for energy siphon as i only have those three science slots thanks to me having the mirror one..
    edited July 2013
    how about this: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=mirrorvoquvleech_0 ?

Don't know yet if it works, but could be quite tanky. As Doffs I would use 1 damage control and 1 warp core engineer to boost the EptX. One energy weapons officer to reduce the cooldown of FAW. One Shield distribution officer to boost brace for impact and 1 conn officer to reduce the cooldown on tac team. As mentioned before, green doffs are enough for the start.

For the hangar pets, someone else may make suggestions. I have no good ideas here. Scorpions from rom rep are good though.
    edited July 2013
    how about this: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=mirrorvoquvleech_0 ?

Don't know yet if it works, but could be quite tanky. As Doffs I would use 1 damage control and 1 warp core engineer to boost the EptX. One energy weapons officer to reduce the cooldown of FAW. One Shield distribution officer to boost brace for impact and 1 conn officer to reduce the cooldown on tac team. As mentioned before, green doffs are enough for the start.

For the hangar pets, someone else may make suggestions. I have no good ideas here. Scorpions from rom rep are good though.

thanks a lot, I will try it? what do you recommend in place of the special consoles until get them? defensive consoles?
    edited July 2013
    Yes, anything that boots defenses or turn rate should do.

edit: I tested this setup, but with a tac, since I don't have a KDF eng, and it worked quite well. Damage was OK and survivability was good. I guess as eng and with the right equip/traits/skills you can make an excellent tank with the voquv. For damage, we need to think about options :)
    I will also change reverse shield polarity against aux to dampeners. That might make her a bit better fly-able.