test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Planner

Comments

• attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Let me open with the fact that I love the planner, and appreciate the obvious labor of love that it represents.

Having buttered you up, I will now ask, any chance that species and Traits are ever going to find their way into it?

Thanks for all your time spent on this.

Gen

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: I'm not sure if I'll do it before or after I add duty officers.
    attilio.png
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    attilio87 wrote: »
    Short answer: Yes

Long answer: I'm not sure if I'll do it before or after I add duty officers.

Awesome, thanks!

For what this captain's 2 GPL are worth, of those two, I'd find traits more useful, but it's your coding time. :)

Thanks again!

-Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Bug] D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser Retrofit has an incorrect console listning. It has a 3/3/3 split in game. Planner has it at 4/3/2.
    edited May 2013
    Should be fine now. I went over all the Romulan ships to make sure they are correct.
    attilio.png
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You've got a small problem with your cache strategy which fubars your output.

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/js/skillplanner.js.php:4) in <b>/home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/js/skillplanner.js.php</b> on line <b>5</b><br />

Do you by any chance run the project on github? I'd Be happy to help out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the endless loading bar bug is back, except this time it's on the planner itself, not any loaded builds

oh, and the character shield and device slots are listing space stuff instead of ground

EDIT: never mind about the loading bug...apparently my browser was just being whacky
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited July 2013
    You've got a small problem with your cache strategy which fubars your output.

<br />
    <b>Warning</b>: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/js/skillplanner.js.php:4) in <b>/home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/js/skillplanner.js.php</b> on line <b>5</b><br />

Do you by any chance run the project on github? I'd Be happy to help out.

Thanks for letting me know, I just fixed it. Don't know why that happened, I haven't touched the file. Oh well lol

Anyway, no I don't run it on github. I work on it locally. Thanks for the offer though.
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    Should be fine now. I went over all the Romulan ships to make sure they are correct.

Fleet Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit has a bug with its Ltn. Commander Engineering slots not being displayed.

Are you going to add the Romulan consoles? Do you need the data for them?
    edited July 2013
    The Lieutenant Enigneering slots for the Scimitars doesn't work on either variant.
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Fleet Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit has a bug with its Ltn. Commander Engineering slots not being displayed.

Are you going to add the Romulan consoles? Do you need the data for them?
    The Lieutenant Enigneering slots for the Scimitars doesn't work on either variant.

Those BOff slots are working now.

I will be adding the Rom consoles as soon as I get a chance. I know a number of them are missing, I just haven't had the time to add them.
    attilio.png
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyway, no I don't run it on github. I work on it locally. Thanks for the offer though.

You know community works, right? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    You know community works, right? ;)

Haha I know :)
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    When you get time, please consider adding the following items

Caustic Beam Array

Caustic Dual Heavy Cannons

Caustic DBB

Tal'Shiar Tachyon Deflector
    edited July 2013
    When you get time, please consider adding the following items

Caustic Beam Array

Caustic Dual Heavy Cannons

Caustic DBB

Tal'Shiar Tachyon Deflector

Thanks! I'll do it as soon as possible :D
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    A bug, when saving to file and loading the file back to skillplanner, the BOFF configuration for Fleet Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit is not saved, at least not properly as they show as black/empty, but if I click in the slots it seems to recognize the proper ability is slotted.
    edited July 2013
    I'll see if I can replicate the bug, if not I may need your file to see if I can track down what happened.
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    I've PMed you a link to the broken file.

Also I noticed you added some of the Romulan consoles, but not the Retrofit consoles, is this intentional?

The following are missing

Plasma Destabilizer
    Sabotage Probe
    Ionized Particle Beam
    Projected Singularity
    Dual Vector Separation
    edited July 2013
    Bug: Ground class kits' abilities are showing up under the Ship page instead of under Character.
    edited July 2013
    I've PMed you a link to the broken file.

Thanks I'll look into it as soon as possible.
    Also I noticed you added some of the Romulan consoles, but not the Retrofit consoles, is this intentional?

The following are missing

Plasma Destabilizer
    Sabotage Probe
    Ionized Particle Beam
    Projected Singularity
    Dual Vector Separation

I'm still slowly adding all the consoles. Thanks for giving me a list.
    Bug: Ground class kits' abilities are showing up under the Ship page instead of under Character.

I'll figure out what's wrong and put out a fix. Thanks.
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    Thanks I'll look into it as soon as possible.

I'm still slowly adding all the consoles. Thanks for giving me a list.

I'll figure out what's wrong and put out a fix. Thanks.

Regarding the broken file, I recreated the ship setup from scratch and the new file doesn't appear to have any issues. I'm not sure what went wrong with the old one.
    edited July 2013
    Regarding the broken file, I recreated the ship setup from scratch and the new file doesn't appear to have any issues. I'm not sure what went wrong with the old one.

How long ago did you create the old one?
    attilio.png
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any chance that the Legacy pack universal consoles will be added?

How about updates for lock box weapons, last i checked nanite disrupters are missing.

Great job on anyone/everyone working on it.:D
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just wanted to pop in and thank you again Attilio. Your Skill Planner is awesome.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited July 2013
    seannewboy wrote: »
    Any chance that the Legacy pack universal consoles will be added?

How about updates for lock box weapons, last i checked nanite disrupters are missing.

Great job on anyone/everyone working on it.:D

I'm slowly adding them. I've just been extremely busy lately and haven't had much time to update the planner. I'll get them in as soon as possible.
    I just wanted to pop in and thank you again Attilio. Your Skill Planner is awesome.

Thanks! :D I do my best.
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    How long ago did you create the old one?

Not that long ago, within a couple of weeks.
    edited July 2013
    Additional items for your to-do list

Nukara Web Mine Launcher MK XII Very Rare from Nukara Strikeforce Reputation Tier 4
    Plasma Flamethrower MK XII [Dmg]x3 from Romulan reputation Tier 5
    Phased Polaron Assault Minigun

Bugs:
    Two piece set bonus from Concentrated Tachyon Mine Launcher and Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat console puts Friends in high places in the ability list, but this is only available at 3 piece set bonus and only on D'Kora Ferengi Marauder.
    edited July 2013
    Not that long ago, within a couple of weeks.

Hmm well I'm glad the new one you made is working.
    Additional items for your to-do list

Nukara Web Mine Launcher MK XII Very Rare from Nukara Strikeforce Reputation Tier 4
    Plasma Flamethrower MK XII [Dmg]x3 from Romulan reputation Tier 5
    Phased Polaron Assault Minigun

Bugs:
    Two piece set bonus from Concentrated Tachyon Mine Launcher and Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat console puts Friends in high places in the ability list, but this is only available at 3 piece set bonus and only on D'Kora Ferengi Marauder.

Thanks.

I do know about that bug. Abilities from sets appear after the first item of that set is added.
    attilio.png
    edited July 2013
    Just added a bunch of stuff to the skill planner. If anyone is interested you can read what I've added in the change log. There is also a link to the log on the skill planner page.
    attilio.png
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not loading. Stuck on "Loading..." (IE 9.0.8112 16421 64bit)

Tried safari with same result.

Have had it for at least 3 weeks.
    edited October 2013
    goltzhar wrote: »
    Not loading. Stuck on "Loading..." (IE 9.0.8112 16421 64bit)

Tried safari with same result.

Have had it for at least 3 weeks.

Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Try right clicking on the page and choosing refresh. You can also try to clear the cache. Do you have any addons/extensions installed? It's possible one of those is blocking necessary scripts from running.
    attilio.png
This discussion has been closed.