What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Veteran material gallery

aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion

Comments

• neok182neok182 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not a huge fan at all. I feel that this should of been the Fleet material and the Fleet one should of been the Veteran.

FED/KDF ones are dark with blue/red glows just like the romulan fleet. This just doesn't look anything like theirs.

Guess i'll really have to just wait to see it on holodeck with the scimitar and ha'feh but not a huge fan of it so far.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would depend on how bright it appears in space, it certainly stands out in those shots. I do like the small green line detail which I think is how they were trying to relate to the existing vet materials.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    God damn that's a sexy skin!

MILES better than the fleet skin, which is garish and horrible IMO.

Almost (but not enough) makes me want to become a vet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    should have been the Breen skin
  • displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for being a noob, but whats a fleet skin?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for being a noob, but whats a fleet skin?

No problem. Knowledge comes from asking questions.:)

"Fleet skin" refers to an additional skin most of the ingame ships get in their fleet version.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would depend on how bright it appears in space, it certainly stands out in those shots. I do like the small green line detail which I think is how they were trying to relate to the existing vet materials.

I'll grab some space pics with the veteran skin when the servers available again.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think I like that at all. Why isn't it green?
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Because you already have four green skins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hull Technology Exchange Program with Starfleet?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh I like it. Anyone have shots of it on the Dhelan/Dhael?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Veteran hull material is the same regardless of faction. It just looks better on some ships than on others. I tried it on my Captain's Gig (which looks like Admiral Jarok's ship) last night and it turned out nice.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Perhaps they think we like blue and white and enjoy being part of they're abominable federation.. ( no, i am NOT role laying ).
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I see it as an alternative direction into which the Romulans could have developed from the Klingon technology they gained in the 23rd century.
    Back then both the Romulan and Klingon ships were grey, with the Romulan D7 (in the unremastered episodes) a bit closer in appearance to what the Vet material looks like.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/a/a1/D7_battlecruiser.jpg

yeah a somewhat esoteric POV...
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I see it as an alternative direction into which the Romulans could have developed from the Klingon technology they gained in the 23rd century.
    Back then both the Romulan and Klingon ships were grey, with the Romulan D7 (in the unremastered episodes) a bit closer in appearance to what the Vet material looks like.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/a/a1/D7_battlecruiser.jpg

yeah a somewhat esoteric POV...

yeahhh, but a good one.. You may be correct regarding the "inspiration" behind the color scheme..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im sorry but this looks more like a federation adapted material, it has nothing romulan about it... pretty disappointed if im honest, but as per thats just MY opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if I'm a huge fan of it myself, the only one I really like the skin on so far that has been shown is the Scorpion.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not hideous but I prefer the regular Romulan skin to this.

Might look good if you're trying to blend in with your Federation friends.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having played with it in game I'll say a few things about it.

Its way too silvery-white with nice green glows to be mistaken for the Fed Vet skin, or even the Type 6 material some of the Fed ships come with.

Its much better than the terrible fleet skins which are too brown with a too yellow glow.

It can look quite awesome with the green form the Romulan Rep Shield or by picking the right greens and using some of the various patterns in the ship customizer. I highly suggest playing with those options if you are even remotely interested in this skin.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    It can look quite awesome with the green form the Romulan Rep Shield or by picking the right greens and using some of the various patterns in the ship customizer. I highly suggest playing with those options if you are even remotely interested in this skin.

Oh, you tried that too?

The Romulan Reputation shield essentially created glowy-line edge cutouts of the Romulan 2 material. I rather liked the effect it had on the Daeinos, though I wasn't sure which I preferred: visual active/not active. both looked good to me, but visual active lent it a bit more visual diversity.
  • captainscarbeardcaptainscarbeard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like it, feels very New Romulan. Reminds me of marble. Anyone have a screen with the scimitar using this material?
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I kinda like it. Not a huge fan of the standard roman skins - regardless of their propriety.