test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam summer sale: Romulan starter pack vote

atmawpnatmawpn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just wanted to point out that the current community vote turns out to be for the Romulan starter pack. It's at 25% off currently but if the vote goes through it would be 50% off. Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't had his/her wallet violated by Steam yet.
Post edited by atmawpn on

Comments

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's up for 50% off on the Community Choice sale. If it wins, we get a better price for those who wanted a starter pack, and maybe gain a few players and awareness for STO!

So vote for STO, and for cheap affordable prices!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everythime i look at the Summer sale I end up buying something I can't no NO!!! Steam is making me broke Too many games must STOP AHH!!!....just one peak.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I can't no NO!!! Steam is making me broke Too many games must STOP AHH!!!
    And this is the lifecycle of "the Steam sale".

Coming up next? The Winter sale.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can recommend the T'Varo ships, they are pretty nice and great value ;)

Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voted for you dude :D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get voting people :D

Considering all the current stuff is -25% and how the community choice sale usually works : they will all be bumped to -50% if the vote goes our way (e.g hopefully the steam starter and romulan legacy packs too) :D
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voted 10char
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd absolutely kill for the legacy of Romulus pack to be on steam right now :D. Now it says you get two additional bridge officer slots, is that for Romulans only or the entire account?
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd absolutely kill for the legacy of Romulus pack to be on steam right now :D. Now it says you get two additional bridge officer slots, is that for Romulans only or the entire account?

It's Romulan only, they activate when you claim the Liberated Borg Reman Boff :)

But yeah, great deal, even at ?25% off.
  • shinlogoslokiyoshinlogoslokiyo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voted for it as soon as it came up. Then I moved STO to steam.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voted for it as soon as it came up. Then I moved STO to steam.

Is there any point in that..Surely steam just runs the same STO client :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *voted

but i was that close to vote for the Marvel Heroes pack.

only reason i didn't is that the MH Steam packs are actually TRIBBLE and even with the discount you would be better off just buying what you want directly instead of such a pack that gives you some things you want and other things you do not want.

(for example there are not all Movie avengers in the pack and at least one that wasn't in the movie but only in comics so who cares about that one? So you would need to buy more stuff after spending 70 - 50? on that pack... not cool)

the STO pack is... not really awesome but at least reasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    btw. the Legacy Pack and the Steamrunner Pack are also 25% off at Steam.

Steam user pro tip: do NOT buy! wait until the LAST day of the sale, there is a good chance stuff will go down to 50% on one day of the Sale. If you buy at 25% and see a 50% sale you will just be angry about your impatience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We have lost. Only 18%. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Ouch, I had my hopes up too. I don't know what's more disappointing, that we lost or that we lost by such a huge margin. =P
    edited July 2013
    well that gotta hurt...

and Marvel Heroes lost too... *sigh*

3 games and they choose the one i don't give a damn about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abrraxasabrraxas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,

Is it only Steam that offer special packs and other things for STO, I've been looking around for other offers etc but not sure where else to look?
    edited July 2013
    The steam starter pack and the legacy of Romulus is also up on steam. Steam is having their summer blow out so it's all on sale for 25% off. We were somewhat close to having the Romulan starter pack being 50% off during a voting session a little while ago, unfortunately we lost =(. Anyways... Keep watching Steam, they have flash sales all the time, I'm crossing my fingers for the legacy pack to get picked ;).

Steam starter pack.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/9908/

Romulan starter pack
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/237700/

LoR pack
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/237680/

(I got the steam starter pack a year ago, awesome stuff for an alt-o-holic such as myself)
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh we lost:(

At least we now know STO is in the 'pool' for commuity vote/flash sales : their have been a few games this sale that have been up for vote several times and have saw some 'failed' vote games appear in the flash sale section too :D
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any idea what % STO got?