test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea for Future feature event.

krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
I aired an idea on ESD the other day(think i might have emailed it to cyptic) It seemed rather popular and was discussed for a long while.

Based on the voyager series.

A caretaker is still alive and has found out what happened to one of their race.... Wanting answers they are pulling ships to the delta quadrant in an attempt to get to the truth. this could be set up to include the Kazon, Vedian, more borg, telaxian etc... it could be run over a period of a few weeks in which people have to make their way back to Sol by the shortest route with missions and encounters along the way. They will still be able to take part in PvE and PvP and if they want to rejoin the main action can drop the event.........

The event could be voluntary as in Captains that wanted to take part would have to collect a caretaker peice and keep it in their inventory. any Captain holding a piece gets taken, with an option to decline........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ussk3lvinussk3lvin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with you. They should make it where it would take three weeks to get back to sol (504 Hrs) at warp 9.975 this way it simulates the being lost and as well as the idea of trying to make shortcuts. However I do believe that the player is at least the rank of captain before being able to partake in this. A good idea though.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ussk3lvin wrote: »
    I agree with you. They should make it where it would take three weeks to get back to sol (504 Hrs) at warp 9.975 this way it simulates the being lost and as well as the idea of trying to make shortcuts. However I do believe that the player is at least the rank of captain before being able to partake in this. A good idea though.

Agreed; also, you should be presented with different paths that either slightly speed up or slow down your progression. Additionally, while you were traveling during the event, you can't access your bank or mailbox items, transwarp is disabled for an obvious reason, but I think that if a player wants to join a PvE or PvP queue they can do so and then continue with the event.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *Transwarp to Sol System* = I Win
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This whole suggestion sounds more like a Featured Episode kind of Event then the Winter/Summer kind. But a long FE, maybe with twice or thrice the amount of missions in it.
    voporak wrote: »
    Agreed; also, you should be presented with different paths that either slightly speed up or slow down your progression. Additionally, while you were traveling during the event, you can't access your bank or mailbox items, transwarp is disabled for an obvious reason, but I think that if a player wants to join a PvE or PvP queue they can do so and then continue with the event.

Great idea, if the outcome of the different paths length is random. Or it will not take too long before everyone knows the shortest paths. Maybe make it so the rewards will differ if you take the shorter or longer paths. Like you would get more and better drops on the longer paths and more XP/EC/Dil (or what ever) if you take the shorter ones.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    *Transwarp to Sol System* = I Win

Well then you would miss all the episodes required to complete the mission arc. Plus if transwarp is disabled due to damage that can only be fixed at a Starbase then you would have to stick to regular warp and slipstream (for those that have it) until you get back the other way.

I should add, that even though I LOVE the idea, I doub't Cryptic have it in them to make it. It would require far more work then everything else they have made so far. Just imagine all the new species that don't exist in the game. The new ships. The new space maps. The new ground maps. New story scripts. New weapons. New lock boxes. New C-store items. New costumes. New FXs. New game mechanics. It's far bigger then adding the Romulan faction. Unless the whole mission arc is 5 episodes and only use Borg, Hirogen, Ocampa, and a few other that already have parts available in the character creator.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A holo-program where you observe or take part in the Romulan wars of the 22 century (Fed), the Vulcan Romulan split (RR), or one involving Kahless the unforgettable* (KDF).

*not the current Kahless.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is quite honestly the best player suggested idea I have ever heard!
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]