test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dreadnought cloak on fleet defiant

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
Has anyone ever tried to outfit a cloak from the dreadnought to the fleet defiant? I know it says so in the description but I'd rather have some real confirmation.

I messed up the buying of my fleet defiant and Cryptic's bad customer service doesn't care about my ticket (no reply at all). So if I spend another 2'500 zen I want to be sure it's working. Otherwise I'll have a ship I would have never bought otherwise (Dreadnought) and a cloak that I can't use on the ship I wanted to have it on. (I know I could just buy the defiant retrofit but after all if it works with the dreadnought I'd at least get another ship for having to waste my money.........)
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the dreadnaught has a universal cloaking console like the defiant has, than I would assume it would work on the defiant, but what would I know since I don't have the dreadnaught.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried to outfit a cloak from the dreadnought to the fleet defiant? I know it says so in the description but I'd rather have some real confirmation.

I messed up the buying of my fleet defiant and Cryptic's bad customer service doesn't care about my ticket (no reply at all). So if I spend another 2'500 zen I want to be sure it's working. Otherwise I'll have a ship I would have never bought otherwise (Dreadnought) and a cloak that I can't use on the ship I wanted to have it on. (I know I could just buy the defiant retrofit but after all if it works with the dreadnought I'd at least get another ship for having to waste my money.........)

If the Dreadnought you are referring to is a Galaxy-X then yes, its cloaking console does work on a fleet Defiant.
    edited July 2013
    If the Dreadnought you are referring to is a Galaxy-X then yes, its cloaking console does work on a fleet Defiant.

Damn ninja'd before I could post that info!!!

• timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    If the dreadnaught has a universal cloaking console like the defiant has, than I would assume it would work on the defiant, but what would I know since I don't have the dreadnaught.

Yes, the Dreadnaught cloaking console is a universal console like the Defiant's, and the consoles can only be equipped by the Dreadnaught and the two Defiant variants (retrofit and Fleet). So yes, purchasing a Dreadnaught will provide a console that can be used by the Fleet Defiant.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Yes, the Dreadnaught cloaking console is a universal console like the Defiant's, and the consoles can only be equipped by the Dreadnaught and the two Defiant variants (retrofit and Fleet). So yes, purchasing a Dreadnaught will provide a console that can be used by the Fleet Defiant.

Have you, or the others, ever tried it? I know it's a universal console and all but I've just grown a little careful with this game and since there's no customer service to rectify any mistakes I'd rather not do a second one.......
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you, or the others, ever tried it? I know it's a universal console and all but I've just grown a little careful with this game and since there's no customer service to rectify any mistakes I'd rather not do a second one.......

Why would you buy the gal-x for the console? Why not buy the T5 defiant instead?!?

That way you get the fleet one at a discount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Why would you buy the gal-x for the console? Why not buy the T5 defiant instead?!?

This does make good sense. But maybe he wants both....who knows!

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »

I messed up the buying process of my fleet defiant. I thought it came with the cloak too so I didn't go for the retrofit first. And since there's no discount if you do it the other way around I'm stuck and I'm now trying to get at least something good out of the whole mess......

Sorry that might not have been very obvious in my first post
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013

I'm going off the STO wiki, and I have no reason to suspect it's inaccurate. Changes to the ships themselves don't happen all that often.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I messed up the buying process of my fleet defiant. I thought it came with the cloak too so I didn't go for the retrofit first. And since there's no discount if you do it the other way around I'm stuck and I'm now trying to get at least something good out of the whole mess......
    The Galaxy-X is terrible. It is widely panned as probably the worst Fed cruiser in the game. I wouldn't buy it just to get one universal console which, to be fair, ain't all that great either.

If that console gave the Defiant a battlecloak, it would be a different story. But it's only good for decloak alpha strikes, and even then you're giving up a console slot for it that could be used for just about anything else.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Gal-x cruisers cloaking device does work in the Fleet Defiant. I have both and it worked fine every time. However, it was pre LoR the last time I tried it so I suppose anything's possible.
  • katanic123katanic123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes MCP the universal console from the Gal-x is the same one you get with the defiant
    Captain Cavillian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]