test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ships I'd like to see available

craigie1craigie1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Federation Discussion
Currently we have Kirks Ship

NCC 1701

Any chance on the next update we could have the following starships available please

U.S.S. Voyager - NCC 74656
U.S.S. Stargazer - NCC 2893
U.S.S. Enterprise - NCC 1701 D
U.S.S. Enterprise - NCC 1701 E

I know we have the USS Intrepid - NCC 74600, But I would love to fly Janeways ship or Picards ship

Thank you for a great game
Post edited by craigie1 on

Comments

• insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, when will we have the Galaxy-class

Or the Intrepid class?

But they REALLY need to add the Ent-E, or the Sovereign class?

....oh wait.

I'm being coy, but maybe I don't understand your question. You say there is the USS Intrepid, but want the USS Voyager... they are the same class.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    craigie1 wrote: »

NCC 1701

Any chance on the next update we could have the following starships available please

U.S.S. Voyager - NCC 74656 Long Range Science Vessel, Fleet Long Range Science Vessel Refit
    U.S.S. Stargazer - NCC 2893 Heavy Cruiser, Fleet Heavy Cruiser Refit
    U.S.S. Enterprise - NCC 1701 D Exploration Cruiser, Fleet Exploration Cruiser Refit
    U.S.S. Enterprise - NCC 1701 E Assault Cruiser, Assault Cruiser Refit, Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit

I know we have the USS Intrepid - NCC 74600, But I would love to fly Janeways ship or Picards ship

No, you cannot have the ships directly from the show. But everything I just listed is how you can get ships like them.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a new player. All the ships you mentioned (except the Stargazer) are available starting at Captain rank and higher - with Vice Admiral refits/fleet refits available when you get to the proper levels.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013

NCC 1701

1. We got that. You can get a free T4 one, a T5 one from the C-store, or a fleet version from T5 shipyards.
    2. We got that. You can get a free T3 one, or a fleet version (don't know the shipyard tier needed).
    3. We got that. You can get a free T4 one, a T5 one from the C-store, or a fleet version from T4 shiyards. (I think T4)
    4. We got that. You can get a free T5 one, a T5 mirror version (has he stats of the star cruiser), a T5 one from the C-store, or a fleet version from T5(4?) shipyards.

Yeah.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Sounds like a new player. All the ships you mentioned (except the Stargazer) are available starting at Captain rank and higher - with Vice Admiral refits/fleet refits available when you get to the proper levels.

You can get a ship that looks very similar to the Stargazer (though honestly I find it to be a very odd looking ship).
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • craigie1craigie1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jer5488 wrote: »

Yes I am a new player but the thing is I don't want a refit, if we can have Admiral Kirks Ship I mean Captain Kirk ship the NCC 1701 then surely we should be able to have Admiral Janeways ship ot Captain Jean Luc Picards ships (Original versions)
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes I am a new player but the thing is I don't want a refit, if we can have Admiral Kirks Ship I mean Captain Kirk ship the NCC 1701 then surely we should be able to have Admiral Janeways ship ot Captain Jean Luc Picards ships (Original versions)

That was a special ship originally only for Pre Orders i think as well as an excuse to have another connie in the game. Besides, Why not just use the refit ones, the "enterprise" connie is level 1-10 and then it is useless.

The Intrepid is not the USS Intrepid, it is just an Intrepid class, same with all the others. even the Tier 1 "enterprise" is just a weaker connie replica not the actual USS enterprise.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You can get the TOS ship at the starting level. You have to buy it from the C Store. I bought it when I was leveling my Fed. Fun ship to use. Very cheap to buy as well. I think it was like $5 american.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/TOS_Constitution_Class_Cruiser

The other ships you can get free as you level up. However most of the others can also be bought from the C Store. Or Join a Fleet, help them on their projects. And you can get ships from there as well.

Lastly, Welcome to the game. I really love the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    U.S.S. Vengeance

It will never happen though... :(
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2013

NCC-1701 is the TOS Constitution.
    Voyager is the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit (aka Intrepid-class).
    Enterprise-D is the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (aka Galaxy-class).
    Enterprise-E is the Assault Cruiser (aka Sovereign-class).

Each one of these ships has a fleet grade version, except for the TOS Connie. And, other than TOS Connie, each one is available for you to play at endgame (level 50), so they are not the low level refits.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NCC-1701 is the TOS Constitution.
    Voyager is the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit (aka Intrepid-class).
    Enterprise-D is the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (aka Galaxy-class).
    Enterprise-E is the Assault Cruiser (aka Sovereign-class).

Each one of these ships has a fleet grade version, except for the TOS Connie. And, other than TOS Connie, each one is available for you to play at endgame (level 50), so they are not the low level refits.

Which is basically what I said in post #3.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

NCC 1701

you can't fly their exact ship, the closest you can get is the same class. They can't let you fly a canon ship for the same reason you can't name your ship the Enterprise or use a registry below 90000. CBS doesn't want every player to be flying the Enterprise.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you can't fly their exact ship, the closest you can get is the same class. They can't let you fly a canon ship for the same reason you can't name your ship the Enterprise or use a registry below 90000. CBS doesn't want every player to be flying the Enterprise.

Not to mention STO takes place in 2409, and how technology tends to keep going forward and all that good stuff, and how flying a vintage ship usually ends very badly in the face of new technology as said before, but I digress.

Oh, and the legacy of the Enterprise simply can not be dirtied by the antics of new players and getting the Enterprise of legend die every time a player screws up, but I again digress.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013

That's the thing your not flying Kirks ship your flying a Constitution class Vessel, and Except for the Stargazer every ship mentioned is in the game. There's even a TMP Constitution refit in Tier 2.

There is a Stargazer class which looks nothing like the Constellation class NCC-2893 USS Stargazer Picard had before TNG and was in that one episode.

Every other ship is there, as many above have said.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see more of the lesser known pirate and non-faction specific ships in game. Examples would be the Ferengi looking black Smuggler Ship from Unification.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081029030110/memoryalpha/en/images/5/5a/Combat_vessel%2C_Unification_I.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Stargazer CLASS is not the U.S.S. Stargazer, which was a CONSTELLATION CLASS ship.

The Heavy Cruiser contains the Cheyenne Class, Dakota Class and Stargazer Class skins.

One is named after the ship Picard made famous:
    The Stargazer class was named in honor of the original Constellation class USS Stargazer (NCC-2893). This class design was put into production after the Dominion War to replace lost ships during that time. The design is similar to the Dakota class but has a much more modern hull and nacelles.

But they are not the same type of ship.

They both have four warp nacelles. But they are decidedly different.

Memory Alpha has some nice pics here.

This is a common mistake that people make. They see the 4 nacelles and think that ship is the Constellation class. And having one skin named in honor of the original constellation class ship Picard captained only compounds it.

The Cheyenne was sort of on-screen. The other two are Cryptic made variants.

None of them were captained by Picard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]