test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for Wrath of Khan Uniform Update

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
Dear Cryptic,

Now that it's official, and the Ambassador Class will be joining us among the stars, I would like to request, and recommend, that you take this opportunity to do a revamp pass on the Wrath of Khan uniform.

In particular, here are some things that need to be addressed, as well as a recommendation:

1. Rank Pins, Part 1: The current rank pin floats above the uniform. Badly. Perhaps it should be readjusted?

2. Rank Pins, Part 2: Since the very beginning, we haven't been able to change this to match our actual rank, or the ranks of our bridge officers. And, there is no Admiral's rank either. Could we please get correct rank pins?

3. Shoulder strap: Where the rank pin is located, the strap seems crooked. I checked my shoulder width settings, chest settings, everything. The character is pretty much default size, so I have to think this is an error in the uniform itself.

4. Pants: The pants could use some work. They really look more like sweatpants that are too small, than the proper uniform pants. They should be a bit baggier. Not much, just a little. And there is supposed to be a pronounced bell-bottom at the boot-top. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080508061702/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b9/James_T._Kirk_and_crew_face_Federation_Council.jpg

5. Collar: Now, for my recommendation. With the release of the Ambassador Class, people will want to use this uniform even more. How about an option to hide the turtleneck collar, to make the uniform appropriate to the timeframe of the Enterprise-C?

The "monster maroon" is one of the most iconic uniforms in Trek, and it's a fan favorite. I see people using it all the time in game as well. So these requests aren't something that would affect only a handful of people. Many many players use this uniform.

If you truly wish to thank us who have supported you for 3 years, how about taking care of this request? Its come up for as long as the uniform has been available, which goes back as far as launch. What better way to tell your fans that you really do appreciate our loyalty, than taking care of something that has been talked about for this long?

I thank you for your time. Hopefully, this will catch the Dev's attention.

C_Carmichael

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Voted. I'm in.
  • Options
    canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmmm this is a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A lot of the older uniforms need to be looked at. Also it would be cool if there was a new third free option. Also some more Uniforms for KDF for free would be nice too.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea. I would also suggest the option of no turtleneck, like they wore in Yesterday's Enterprise, with the Ambassador coming and all.
  • Options
    jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My fleet would love such a revamp!
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea. I would also suggest the option of no turtleneck, like they wore in Yesterday's Enterprise, with the Ambassador coming and all.

That was #5 in my original post.

However, there is a 3rd option which both of us forgot, which is the "crewneck" collar, from the era when Picard was an ensign, as seen in "Tapestry".

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ian_Andrew_Troi.jpg

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FYI, this thread has been moved to the STO art forum so that the appropriate Dev team can see the feedback.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This would be great, it's probably the longest lasting uniform in star fleet we know of.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even though I don't own the costume, these sound like needed changes.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have to agree with the OP and there ideas.
    Would love to see the WoK uniform updated as stated:)
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've had the Wrath of Kahn uniforms since they were first made available. They are my favorite uniforms ever in Trek, so any upgrade or additions to them are always a bonus for me!
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    YAY! finally this issue has gotten the attention of the art department!

I agree whole heartedly with a wrath of Kahn uniform update.

May I also add:
    Mr. Scott's engineering vest.

Admiral Kirk's tunic, with clam shell belt from Star trek 3.

Away team Jackets from Wrath of Kahn.

Authentic Wrath of Kahn phasers, or assault Phaser pistols, with authentic beams.

and just like how the temporal set came with temporal dual beam antiprotons, we should have authentic wrath of kahn style oscilating phaser beams. (Not quite pulses not quite beams)

Lets have an Iconic set!
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't forget: The belt holder on the back of the jacket is currently missing and needs to be added.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And don't forget the enlisted/NCO uniforms, the engineering radiation suits, the admiral gold braid, and the left sleeve rank insignia, pips and squeaks.

There's so many fascinating pieces and details to this uniform; perhaps that's why it's so iconic.
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A TOS movie interior for the Connie and Excelsior would be nice with NPCs wearing the uniforms would be perfect.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      dorusnonndorusnonn Member Posts: 116 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      A TOS movie interior for the Connie and Excelsior would be nice with NPCs wearing the uniforms would be perfect.

I have to agree with everybody before me. As a proud owner of the Lakota-refitted Excelsior and constant bearer of this uniform I could pretty much imagine a "past-TMP", "TWoK" or "Starfleet's Golden Era" package with all the above mentioned uniform modifiers and bridges.
      And don't forget the enlisted/NCO uniforms, the engineering radiation suits, the admiral gold braid, and the left sleeve rank insignia, pips and squeaks.

There's so many fascinating pieces and details to this uniform; perhaps that's why it's so iconic.

That's it, that's why it is.
      Being here since 2011 Spring