test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi Repulation. *Idea*

otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Reputation System
Here is an idea for a Deferi Repulation

It will be smaller then the normal Borg/Romulan/Nukara factions, think of it a mini-faction with only 3 Tiers. Unlike the big three the faction will be unlocked at the at the same level as the Deferi missions.

Deferi Marks are gained though the Deferi dailies and enemy Breen encounters in the Orellius sector block.

The reward projects for each tier will be as follows.

Tier 1
Deferi Shuttle (craft) [Pet]
Uncommon Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
Common Deferi Bridge Officer (craft) [M or F Tac, Eng, or Sci]

Tier 2
Transwarp to Defera (free)
Deferi Shuttle (craft) [ship]
Prisoner Exchange (craft) [faster easily repeatable version of DOff mission)
Rare Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
Mining Bot (consumable/craft) [DOff mission for Dithium]

Tier 3
Very Rare Deferi Bridge Officer (craft) [M or F Tac, Eng, or Sci]
Very Rare Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
Deferi Shuttle (craft) [hangar]
Summon Cruiser (craft/consumable) [temporary space attack pet]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by otakuboyt on

Comments

• fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deferi Marks are gained though the Deferi dailies and enemy Breen encounters in the Orellius sector block.

We have to be careful what to wish for. If they're going to start a Deferi reputation system, I bet we're going to see something like this (I took the liberty adding it to your proposal) :)

Tier 1
    Deferi Shuttle (craft) [Pet]
    Uncommon Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
    Common Deferi Bridge Officer (craft) [M or F Tac, Eng, or Sci]
    "Breen Tricobalt Mine Launcher" Space Set (craft)
    Cyro Grenade (craft)
    Absolute Zero Space Set MkX (craft)
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Space Weapons MkX
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Ground Weapons MkX

Tier 2
    Transwarp to Defera (free)
    Deferi Shuttle (craft) [ship]
    Prisoner Exchange (craft) [faster easily repeatable version of DOff mission)
    Rare Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
    Mining Bot (consumable/craft) [DOff mission for Dithium]
    Biothermal Dampener (craft)
    "New Deferi/Breen Console" Space Set (craft)
    Absolute Zero Space Set MkXI (craft)
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Space Weapons MkXI
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Ground Weapons MkXI

Tier 3
    Very Rare Deferi Bridge Officer (craft) [M or F Tac, Eng, or Sci]
    Very Rare Deferi Duty Officers (craft)
    Deferi Shuttle (craft) [hangar]
    Summon Cruiser (craft/consumable) [temporary space attack pet]
    Breen RapidReload Torpedo Launcher Space-Set (craft)
    Deferi Snow Tuber (craft)
    CRM-200 Ground Weapon (craft)
    Absolute Zero Space Set MkXII (craft)
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Space Weapons MkXII
    Store unlock: very-rare Polaron Ground Weapons MkXII

Of course the Breen Set, the consumables and the CRM will be removed from the episodes, owner of the current space set can register/turn it in once per character for 50 marks per piece. ;)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *Beats op with a stick*

Do not promote the Deferi in any form!

that said +1 for the shuttle :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »

Do not promote the Deferi in any form!

Why? I want a Deferi BO, and I can't get alien gen to make a decent one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please no! Next they'll move the Deferi Hards to the PVE list just like they did with Nukara (again; why!? :confused: ).

For the rest; woohoo yet another grind! :D
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not exactly how I'd want to see a Defera rep instituted myself. I'd imagined they'd do a story-focused season/expansion that used the New Romulus format to pick up on the plot threads from the Deferi FE series, what with the Tran and the nascent Breen Rebellion. Heck it'd even make a bit of sense for them to ally with the Deferi and for the Deferi to accept them.

From the Breen side it would be a matter of "honor" since it was their depredations on the Deferi that ultimately caused them to act against their leaders, something that their honor found at once abhorrent and unavoidable.

On the Deferi side they would see balance in the Breen splitting between those preying upon them for personal gain and those siding with them for personal honor.
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're kidding me right? 80%> of the community doesn't even wanna see more rep, people want to play, not devote all their playtime grinding for marks and filling in rep forms.

We need to get rid of the rep system before it drives more of the community away (And alot of my friends included)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're kidding me right? 80%> of the community doesn't even wanna see more rep, people want to play, not devote all their playtime grinding for marks and filling in rep forms.

We need to get rid of the rep system before it drives more of the community away (And alot of my friends included)

Gotta love making stats up on the spot. Bravo.

What exactly do people want to play? Personally my favorite mission/queue is CSE.

GLHF with getting rid of reputation systems. They're here to stay and will grow even further. They already said there will likely be another reputation system released later this year with whatever they're gonna call it.
    pvp = small package
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More rep is cool as long as it comes with content whose longevity and replayability stretches to cover the grind it is there to feed. I really couldn't care less if the project wait is 10, 20 or 40 hours and I'm not so impatient that I can't wait a couple of days to stock up on dil, etc.

If rep and grind is here to stay, can we at least have it so the stuff we grind for is for doing end game content, rather than the end game content being the way to get the stuff? It just seems pointlessly backwards to me. Not to mention a not very interesting experience.

Doing the STF's and getting good at them is one thing, but if I don't pvp, is there even any point in doing rep?

Maybe not Deferi specifically, but possibly some kind of 'Outreach' rep, since the Deferi came around the same time as the never finished Diplomacy system.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please no more rep systems. The whole reputation system idea is crappy as it is and we sure as hell dont need yet another kind of marks.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Definitely no to Defera reputation, while it makes sense all the devs will do is tac on defera marks onto the already existing and poorly made dailies there, its not something anyone wants.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Definitely no to Defera reputation, while it makes sense all the devs will do is tac on defera marks onto the already existing and poorly made dailies there, its not something anyone wants.

+12
    The Breen dailies are quite fun and rewarding, please don't ef it up. Besides the Ground Omega lame sauce already takes place on Deferi.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not opposed to new Rep systems. I am opposed to a Deferi Rep. The Deferi are stupid, annoying, and worst of all, boring. They're on par with the most forgettable aliens-of-the-week from Voyager.

Please, Cryptic, if you're going to give us new content related to an alien group, make it an interesting one. Like the Cardassians.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not opposed to new Rep systems. I am opposed to a Deferi Rep. The Deferi are stupid, annoying, and worst of all, boring. They're on par with the most forgettable aliens-of-the-week from Voyager.

Please, Cryptic, if you're going to give us new content related to an alien group, make it an interesting one. Like the Cardassians.

Your opinion of the Deferi is your own and you're welcome to it. I happen to not share it. I think the Deferi are interesting and have a fair bit of depth that could be explored for all that they're rather ugly looking :P
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My only concern on Deferi rep is the movement of the Hard Missions to the queues.

The quality of the players in the Nukara Hard missions (even if we cant run the super groups anymore) has gone down CONSIDERABLY, and Nukara Prime has died as a zone.

While it would be harder (except for PP Hard) to move the Defera Missions to the queue, I'm sure an attempt will be made, and destroy one of the last areas where you can meet people while building teams.

That said, I am hoping for a PvP Rep :)

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not a fan of the Deferi but grinding these missions are a good source of dilithium and I didnt mind them in my BOP refit. But don;t make it a rep because quite frankly it will annoy the people who are hating the grind myself included.

Say no to further rep systems or say yes to make them account wide unlocks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    otakuboyt wrote: »
    Why? I want a Deferi BO, and I can't get alien gen to make a decent one.

It does take a little tlc to get one right.

E6h69y9.jpg
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can see the signs in time... ...people 'hate' the deferis. people hate reputation-system.
    :eek::eek::eek:
    You see what I am saying here? It :eek:is just happening as we speak! Nooooo!
    OP is a jinxter! Boohoo! Shame on you.
    /Floozy
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm for anything that gives an upgraded Breen set. There's an upgrade path for the Dominion set (Through the Lobi store:() but nothing for the Breen one, the redheaded stepchild of space sets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]