test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We Won the No Win Scenario

chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
As of about 2am EST on 14 July 2013, the following players beat the No Win Scenario:

Fleet - Sector 31 ANTKB
Orlock@haser057
_GRIZZ_@chitowngrizz420
Sicaris@Hylanvahr
Fleet - Special Service Squadron
Vlad@cptzaleski
Fleet - Viper Group Omega
Suron@Clintsat

Video of us with our Kirk's Protege titles and we are all Romulon characters
lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
Post edited by chitowngrizz420 on

Comments

• wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a fun night. Congratz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations!

Feel free to post your strategy and team setup! :)
  • blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just means that roms are over powered. you didn't beat anything.. a fed fleet of all science is the only way. you use repulsors and gravity wells and heals. some one fly over to the gravity well and drops a very powerful mine after useing anti shield weapons.. its simply. so a bunch of fleet voyagers could do it.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Victor: No Win Scenario

Victor: No Girlfriend Scenario
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just means that roms are over powered. you didn't beat anything.. a fed fleet of all science is the only way. you use repulsors and gravity wells and heals. some one fly over to the gravity well and drops a very powerful mine after useing anti shield weapons.. its simply. so a bunch of fleet voyagers could do it.
    very few players have beaten this and you sound like one of the ones that have not.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gratz you may want to go to stowiki and add yourselves to the Hall of Fame (link's on the no win page). Did you use the stowiki strategy?

I'd love to see a video of you using this strategy and naturally you completing it. Romulans aren't overpowered, not by a long shot. 100% Fed or KDF teams have beaten NWS and with less toys/powers long before the Romulans came out.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grats! Now do it again on your other characters :p.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations!

Me and some fleetmates are trying to do the same thing every day. I hope we can success soon
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratz. I didn't think it was possible.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    It is indeed possible, first win was Nov/December last year.
  • clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I would love to see a video of you using this method....

We beat NWS using the approach detailed out in the STOwiki guide. I haven't found a more reliable/easier strategy yet. BTW - at least a couple of the folks in that run have beaten it with non-roms before.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sjamesh wrote: »
    Congratz. I didn't think it was possible.

[redacted]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited July 2013
    I'd love to see a video of you using this strategy and naturally you completing it. Romulans aren't overpowered, not by a long shot. 100% Fed or KDF teams have beaten NWS and with less toys/powers long before the Romulans came out.

Aceton Assimilators make KDF NWS much easier than on feds. Well, until the next lockbox comes out and the feds get your hands on it. Once that happens, expect floods of no-win wins.

I power levelled a new rom to L50, taken it to wave 8 but it's not really geared for W10 yet so I just use it to farm. It's only a few days old, will need T2 rep first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited July 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

working on it i only started trying this past 5 days and on about my 7th time we beat it so the odds are good i will again :)
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is indeed possible, first win was Nov/December last year.

and it was probably with an exploit (you know, the doff exploit, that let you get GCD on all of your abilities)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    and it was probably with an exploit (you know, the doff exploit, that let you get GCD on all of your abilities)

Can't you guys just say 'well done'?

Best I've ever got to is wave 7, but yea that was with a team of 5 players, all in Tier 5 ships all with all their boffs at their stations, 5 active space doffs each and everyone sitting at the keyboard, firing their weapons and using their captain and boff abilities whenever they were not on cooldown, so I guess it doesn't count, coz that kind of thing is like, cheating or something...

Well done :)
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013

And here comes the usual accusation of cheating.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited July 2013

I presume he meant the first win(s) as he quoted me. Regardless of past cheating there's proof of teams beating NWS as far back as 2012 without any cheats. As for this group, gratz I've run with Clinsat enough times to know he's experienced at the stowiki way. Accusations of cheating come with the territory but you'll know you the truth and chances are the accusers haven't beaten it and are just sore.

When acetons do hit fed side, yes I can expect the floodgates to open but I had the same feeling about the scimitar with it's pulse and I've not seen a change although granted it will be cheaper and a bigger impact for the fed community to grab an aceton off the exchange and make a group unless they nerf it rendering it useless. That said a pug isn't going to just beat it and it's still a challenge for most premades. Tactics, co-ordination and teamwork are vital not just plain dps.

Players can choose to make their own challenges by not using acetons, fight harder races, speed runs, no rep/doffs or maybe all of the above. Maybe if NWS just becomes WS Cryptic will make a NWS elite :) rather than buff it causing a lot of grief and keep the old NWS so others can still beat it but give that extra challenge/reward for doing elite (can't hurt to ask but don't expect it to happen :rolleyes:). I'd still like a NWS trophy among the many other trophies people have asked for.

Again gratz to the group it's good to know the stowiki guide is being used and helping others beat it, that's what it's there for.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I presume he meant the first win(s) as he quoted me. Regardless of past cheating there's proof of teams beating NWS as far back as 2012 without any cheats.

yeah, I did mean the first one, and as far as I know, it was in the exploit timeframe, and we did not see any proof against it. I cannot possibly say its a no win scenario, it just needs a tid bit of more team work than other pve in this game
    Maybe if NWS just becomes WS Cryptic will make a NWS elite :) rather than buff it causing a lot of grief and keep the old NWS so others can still beat it but give that extra challenge/reward for doing elite (can't hurt to ask but don't expect it to happen :rolleyes:). I'd still like a NWS trophy among the many other trophies people have asked for.

no win elite :D imagine 4 borg cigars from HSE. funfunfun

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited July 2013
    yeah, I did mean the first one, and as far as I know, it was in the exploit timeframe, and we did not see any proof against it. I cannot possibly say its a no win scenario, it just needs a tid bit of more team work than other pve in this game

no win elite :D imagine 4 borg cigars from HSE. funfunfun

I know what you mean which is why when all known exploits were fixed my group did it again (first recorded clean run after the exploit timeframe was 29th Jan and notes on what was fixed and when I've listed in the description to corroborate things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUJnztPBGA&list=PLYROht_j1NW_802EP169XJQ46w14BB3Xz&index=2

I'd LOVE to try the Borg in NWS either NWS or NWS elite but I don't expect Cryptic to make a mission or change for a considerably tiny group of people when the current mission as it stands is largely unbeaten :(. That's why I'm always making my own challenges. My next challenge is to try and break the 10 minute barrier but I'm skeptical that the team can shave off another 1min 25seconds off a run that had <15seconds of idle time. However, with the nukara rep and warp cores etc who knows but at least it's a worthy challenge.
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats to the new Protege's. Been trying to earn my title as well, but so far denied just too many ships on wave 10. Gotta do just a little bit better to get over the hump and it'll be no problem I think. Don't really have a good ship to run KDF personally so rolled a new Rom on that side with high hopes. :)
  • theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    woop de do all day!
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some of the bitter, petty replies here are pathetic.

Well done on beating the NWS, its one of the most fun STF's in the game. Haven't managed it myself but damn it must be a good feeling to beat it.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Kirk was accused of cheating too when he won the Kobayashi Maru.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kirk was accused of cheating too when he won the Kobayashi Maru.

The difference is Kirk really did cheat! These people did not.
    edited July 2013
    As for this group, gratz I've run with Clinsat enough times to know he's experienced at the stowiki way.
    Again gratz to the group it's good to know the stowiki guide is being used and helping others beat it, that's what it's there for.

thanks silverwings and everyone that is not a jealous hater!
    thanks clinsat for your help and experience at beating it before!

No Win Scenario Hall of Fame
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

at least one of them beat no win before romulans.:rolleyes:

and why am I not there?
    there are many others who beat it and are not in that list.
    edited July 2013
    and why am I not there?
    there are many others who beat it and are not in that list.

post some proof here and get on the list
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/User_talk:NoWin/HallOfFame
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Beaten it 3 times now, 'Bone Trader' - Fed tac, 'Bone1970' - Fed tac, 'Bone2' - KDF eng.
    With the people from "Kirks_protege"
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
    edited July 2013
    Beaten it 3 times now, 'Bone Trader' - Fed tac, 'Bone1970' - Fed tac, 'Bone2' - KDF eng.
    With the people from "Kirks_protege"

Oh, Hey Bone :)

Jad here. Up for some NWS later? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
This discussion has been closed.