test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I get Dominion Polaron Dual Cannons and Dominion Polaron Beams?

asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Federation Discussion
Okay... so, my Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier was given to me a bit before my birthday by a good friend of mine. Here's what I got so far:

Fore:
Advanced Fleet Polaron Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]
Advanced Fleet Polaron Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [Acc]x2
Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher [Acc] [CrtH] [Arc]
Phased Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CrtD] [Dmg]

Aft:
Advanced Fleet Polaron Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]
Polaron Beam Array Mk XI [Acc]x2 [CrtD]
Polaron Beam Array Mk XI [Acc]x2 [Dmg]

Deflector:
Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish Mk XI

Engines:
Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines Mk XI

Shields:
Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields Mk XI

Engineering Consoles:
Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk XI
Console - Engineering - Ablative Hull Armor Mk XI
Console - Engineering - Enhanced RCS Accelerator Mk X [+HullHP]
Console - Engineering - EPS Flow Regulator Mk XI

Science Consoles:
Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk XI
Console - Science - Field Generator Mk XI

Tactical Consoles:
Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XI x3
Console - Universal - Dominion Command Interface

Hangar:
Jem'Hadar Fighters

Notes:
-I keep the Dual Heavy Cannons on in case I need to take a target out fast
-I don't really PvP, just STFs and Fleet Alert
-I don't have enough to buy the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Advanced Jem'Hadar fighters
-I just want to know if it's worth mixing phased polarons, regular polarons and Dominion polarons
latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
Post edited by asardetemplari on

Comments

• dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013
    They are all Polaron based weapons so they all get the bonus from your Polaron Tac consoles.

It's just how they combine the bonuses, Phased Polarons lose a modifier for the phaser proc as well as the Polaron proc. Fantastic for a Disable build.

The only real change I'd make is ditch the EPS console, Move the Dominion console into Engineering and get another Polaron Console. EPS has next to no effect for weapons now and I don't think it's worth it unless your constantly changing power levels.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally prefer the proc that the Dominion Polaron gives (extra critical chance, shield punch, and energy drain). I'm sure you already know this. However, to answer your question, it's all about play style. If you play like a typical broadside beamboat (which your current layout seems to suggest), then I would stick with the Beam Array. If you like to have more of a punch in your first hit, then go with the DPDC. You won't fire off the DPDC as often as the DPBA, but it'll do higher DPS when you do fire it. My recommendation would be to go with the DPBA because you'll fire it so much more often that the Cannons that you'll end up doing more damage overall (because you're firing more often)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]