test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote on keeping Risa as it is in summer Event

Comments

• dabardabar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes to that!

Way better than regular map, which is nice but kinda su.. is boring and empty.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep it.
    hope by the time next year they will add a PvP floater race parcour we can use all year. :)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • supafly83supafly83 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Keep it.
    hope by the time next year they will add a PvP floater race parcour we can use all year. :)

I would love to see a PvP race. This guy knows the score. :D

So a big Yes! Keep the map. I love it and would much rather have a beautiful tropical environment as my social hub, than look at the walls of ESD or DS9.

And since you have laid the foundation for it, perhaps you can add other cool PvP events such as beach volleyball (In the future of course) etc.
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, please keep the current Risa event open forever! it will take me forever to gather favors and pearls and Orion bikinis...
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thumbs up for the permanent new map :D

I would love it if some things like the Favor items and the bird breeding would stay, and maybe change over the seasons.

Next big content could be a permanent house on risa for my character.
  • francysol2cfrancysol2c Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yea risa must be preserved cause if te developlers remove it i become worryed a lot :)
  • wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As some one who loathed the winter event and the skating tracks that went with it...

Risa must stay, its a break from the grind and there is something to say about floating around the island. Brings back memories of pilotwings from back in the day.

Pvp floater racing would be awesome, and so would the chance to run the floater missions more often, even without the reward or perhaps a lesser reward, fleet marks perhaps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, keep the current event map for the regular Risa map. Also can the floaters be a noncombat usable device outside of Risa like the winter snow boots? Plz.
  • ddms10ddms10 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Much more enjoyable.
  • ddms10ddms10 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Much more enjoyable.Would like mail box to be added after event.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I vote to keep the "new" Risa.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree witht he OP and would like Risa to stay the way it is if not extended.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep it and have some kind of Daily or weekly event there. Its aways summer somewhere on the planet and elsewhere in the Galaxy, no reason to stop because summer is over on the Northern hemisphere on Earth.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Risa must continue! We want the summer event map to exist even if it ends! Resistance is Futile Cryptic!
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Many of you have already noticed that the Risa map in the event is what Risa should be like all the time. Parts of it were shown in TNG and especially Star Trek Enterprise.
    There are building. Dance parties, beach parties, special, erm, 'attendants' :D a many many other areas to explore. Keeping it like this will make Star Trek Online even more enjoyable.

So if you want the devs to keep the regular boring Risa map like this, just post a 'yes' below and a comment saying what you liked about it.

Let's keep Risa the way it should be!! Vote now!!

Um..isn't this what they have already said that they are doing? That the Risa event map will become the Risa map, just without the Event Activities, while the old map will still be around so as to not mess up peoples foundry missions.

At least that was my impression, which would mean that this thread is superfluous.
  • mistertwidmistertwid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thumbs up for the permanent new map :D

I would love it if some things like the Favor items and the bird breeding would stay, and maybe change over the seasons.

Next big content could be a permanent house on risa for my character.

That could be interesting, especially if it had a few unique features. Or a home on any planet perhaps. Like choosing the planet your character lives on and having a transwarp there, with the option to change planets for some dilithium or EC or something.
    edited July 2013
    Like, perhaps the house could have a bank console, email, the transwarp feature, a kitchen and a home bar with specialties from that planet's dominant culture, trophy space, and a room set aside for career specific activities (like, a sci officer would have a lab, an engineer would have a workshop, etc...)
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps you could also have a reputation thing to expand it. Like a starbase except it's just you, and you can use any kind of marks, or something already in place so you don't end up grinding specifically for a vacation home too. Sorry for the tangent. Just got me thinking.
  • igloodudeigloodude Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Ferengi will be buying the planet soon.

Downside: They will charge serious money for visitors' passes.

Upside: They have different ideas about what the women should be wearing.
    "B'rel is klingon for 'TRIBBLE'." -cmdrskyfaller
  • ceedaceeda Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I quite agree with keeping the new risa minus some of the events as it is one of the most visually pleasing areas in the game :)

To the Op: you have my sword.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I vote 'yes'
    6tviTDx.png

• salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I vote to keep the "new" Risa.:)
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I vote yes. Please let the floaters continue to work, too. In fact, please keep the floater obstacle course in, with no cooldown and no rewards, just as a fun thing to do.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I vote yes to keep the landscape and design but "NO" to the events...except for the dancethon it's soooooo boring in there...would be nice to have "real" beachwear, surfing and water sports :D
    DUwNP.gif

• sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    water sports would be awesome :D if only the devs designed each map with unlimited distance like Freelancer, that would be the first thing I'd want, especially for Risa. Limiting the maps to only 500 meters from the beach is really lame. STO is supposed to be more advanced. But Freelancer will always be ahead of other games in every way. At least with Freelancer they had the vision to let people explore.

With Chris Roberts back making the game he always wise he could but never had the tech at the time to it'll be interesting to see if Cryptic starts stepping up on the universe design, although at this point they're have to redo so much from scratch I'm doubting it.

Especially the right side of the Risa event map there's so much wasted space and it feels so constrained. I agree thou it's pretty sad that considering the game engine is supposed to be so advanced that a game made 10 years ago has so much more freedom in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lame either way. If I want to vacation ill do it in real life not some virtual world. Some people need to get a life.

What's so wrong with showing your character relaxing? If there was a mail terminal added to the map, it'd be a nice place to show your character doing a little business, yet "on vaca", especially whenever it is they add stuff like swimming and such. And they could even build off it for episode missions, that happen to you or your crew while on shore leave.
    As it is, if they make it available to foundry creators, I'm sure many will do just that.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • stealthelite1stealthelite1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Absolutely the event map should stay, the first time i found Risa in game I went to check it out. I didn't go back until the event started because it just didn't seem like Risa.