test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

newb bridge officer question?

dragonedenhomedragonedenhome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
So, This may seem like a dumb question, but how do bridge officers gain experience? Do I need to use them on the ground, or space? I have a few officers that are maxxed out and a few that barely have anything.
Post edited by dragonedenhome on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They don't, directly. The Expertise you gain any time you gain experience yourself (and in place of your own experience at the level cap) can be spent to raise their skills, and you can promote them under the Career Options button.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Why do some of BOs have maxed out exp and some have almost zero?
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You earn Experience Points (for yourself) and Expertise points for your BOFFs. When you reach the level cap, any Experience Points you would have earned are coverted into Expertise.

BOFFS don't gain experience directly. You have to spend expertise to increase the ranks of their abilities. In fact, nothing about a BOFF will change at all unless your explicitly make the change.
  • Options
    pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the reason some are maxed and some have zero 0 are because......you maxed some and didnt touch the others. There is no other reason sry. Maybe you didnt notice or forgot or something
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ah HA! I see.. I get a pool of points for ALL my BOs..its up to me to distribute them. Each one doesnt have a pool of points, just one big pool..grrr..wish I had figured that out a long time ago. Thanks.
  • Options
    dailyuniversedailyuniverse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since I can't start a new thread I will hijack yours.

I am at Boff limit but that two in reserve. I want to use them to "Train Up" my borg but the option isn't available when I use commission. They are Starfleet and I am Romulan who sided with the Federation so this should not be a problem. It even says that I should be able to in the dialog screen...

Any Advice?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think there's an issue with using Boffs of one faction to train Boffs of another faction, as it relates to Romulans and their ally. Not sure if this is a bug, or working as intended.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    dailyuniversedailyuniverse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Drat... oh well. It's just credits right?
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the BOs aren't bound, you can probably get something for them on the exchange.

But if it's just a bug, it may be worth holding on to them unless you need the space.
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since I can't start a new thread I will hijack yours.

I am at Boff limit but that two in reserve. I want to use them to "Train Up" my borg but the option isn't available when I use commission. They are Starfleet and I am Romulan who sided with the Federation so this should not be a problem. It even says that I should be able to in the dialog screen...

Any Advice?

Thanks in advance.

There is a work around for this - you need to commission one federation BOFF (add it to the active roster). You can then use federation BOFFs on reserve to train your crew.