test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risian Corvette- Please make this Trade-able

amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Please STO Team change the Risian Corvette from what it currently is (not- able to Trade it), and Instead allow it to be Traded on the Exchange, Puh-Leasssse!

Ahem.....Thank you....and God Bless You.

Those whom agree, please post here as well.
Post edited by amahood on

Comments

• notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    looking for making a quick ec using several toons I see :cool:
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meh, I would already be happy if it was bound to account. My main still has an unopened Breen cruiser hat I would transfer to a Romulan Borg in a heartbeat.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I can get behind the "Bound to Account" idea.
    As for making them trade-able? No, that kind of defeats the purpose of using it as a prize to entice players into actually participating in the Summer Event activities. Plus, it ensures that the ship itself isn't floating around any longer than it should be (which is an idea I'm completely okay with).
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Bound to Account": I have no problem with.

On the other hand, if it were "Bound to Character", I would not be happy.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please make the corvette bound-to-account!! I am considering starting up another KDF character and would really like to have the corvette from my other KDF character. :x
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bound to Account: yes. this would be nice.

Tradable: ABSOLUTELY NOT.

This is a free ship that requires about 5 minutes of gameplay a day, if you can't do that, then well too bad. this ship, like the breen is a gift to us by the devs and all they ask is 125 Minutes of our time for it.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think it should be tradeable or bound to account. It's a reward for participating in the event.

If you want a particular character to have it, play the event with that character.

If you create a character after the event ends...I'm guessing it will be available again next year (and likewise I'm sure there will be another opportunity to earn the Breen ship).
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I don't think it should be tradeable or bound to account. It's a reward for participating in the event.

If you want a particular character to have it, play the event with that character.

If you create a character after the event ends...I'm guessing it will be available again next year (and likewise I'm sure there will be another opportunity to earn the Breen ship).

I can understand being against having it being tradeable, but being against having it bound to account is kinda... shooting yourself in the foot. Why would you be against something that's beneficial to yourself (this is rhetorical, you don't really need to answer). I mean, you are putting the work into getting the ship regardless of what character you are playing on, so it's not like we would be asking to have the ship tradeable, where someone doesn't want to put the work into getting the ship, but just wants to buy it off the exchange for several million EC.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bound to account: YES!

Tradeable: ABSOLUTELY NOT! wait someone already said this... Well that person was right so I say again: ABSOLUTELY NOT!:D
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not going to happen for an extra 5 minutes work per day. If you can do it on one toon you can do it on another straight afterwards, each day.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sure, as long as the Chel Grett is bound to account too, I have one sitting on a character I don't play anymore and would love to trade it to another character of mine.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why would you be against something that's beneficial to yourself (this is rhetorical, you don't really need to answer).
    I'll answer anyway! :)

I'm not firmly against it in the same way I'm against making it tradeable - if it were bound to account, I'm sure I'd go ahead and throw one into the Account Bank.

However, I think there are some game design philosophies that come into play here. I believe in the idea that there are some things (namely, mission rewards, reputation rewards, marks, and currency) that exist to reward an in-game character for their personal achievements. I feel it's reasonable for the holiday ships to fall under that category.

I know there are people who disagree completely with that philosophy, and probably others still who agree with the philosophy, but disagree that it should apply to the holiday ships. It's all good.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • reecothebossreecotheboss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am with the crowd that says it should be bound to account. I am running the race on all my toons(6), but I'm tempted to delete one of my fed toons and create a KDF. If it were BOA, then I could complete the race, get the ship, put it in the accound bank, and delete the toon. Then, I just grab it on the new KDF.
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why are ppl so fussing about earning pearls for the corvette? It only takes me about 5min to finish the flight high with the blue floater. Switch to shooter mode and fly, it's a lot better than rpg mode. You can also flying in rpg mode easily by turning ON the always face forward in the option/control menu (if memory serves.) It will let you control the floater like shooter mode.