test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Tropical Bird I Hatched, doesn't follow Me; it just hangs there !

allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
Hi Sir, :D

The Tropical Bird I Hatched, doesn't follow Me when I Move; it just hangs there !

Is this normal ? Or Am I Doing something wrong please ?

Thanks in advance for your answers ! :)

Allfather :D
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
Post edited by allfather777 on

Comments

• Options
    psychogobstopperpsychogobstopper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From hearing others talk in-game, it does not work on every map.

If you are using it on the Risa Festival map, I have noticed that my bird moves rather slowly.
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sometime if you go back to it, it will "notice" you are there, and follow again.
    Or
    Click on it's icon so it goes away, and then call it to you again.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They don't seem to work right on interior maps. Probably a pathing issue. Unsurprising, I doubt any interior in the game was designed with the possibility of a flying pet in mind.

The birds follow me around all right in exterior areas, like New Romulus, though.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They don't seem to work right on interior maps. Probably a pathing issue. Unsurprising, I doubt any interior in the game was designed with the possibility of a flying pet in mind.

My thought as well. Might be fixable with some minor update to their pathing, then again it may require massive updating of all the interior maps. In which case we'll just have to live with it as is. Leaving giant, ominous birds hovering in the middle of doorways is fairly amusing though.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it might because flight isent integrated in to the game, so the bird will just hover or sit there, at least for me.

And yeah my tropical bird will only fly and follow me when im on Risa.
    Cause like i said it might be cause flight isent integrated in game, only on Risa.

Maybe they can do something about, for only the tropical birds maybe.
    At this point im thinking what is the point in having these birds if they dont freakin do anything!?!
    But i guess there still cool to have in general

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's just sleeping
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The interior of the Risa hotel is problematic sometimes, a bird will also get confused inside your ship.
    Birds also will not go into certain places on Risa, like the cave or the grotto.
    For me at least, mature birds seem to be better followers than chicks. I don't know if this is true or not, it just seem that way.
    A bird will fly with you when you are on your floater.
    If it hangs, you can run back to it, so it picks up on you again, or you can recall it by clicking on it's icon.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like it's a bit of a...

:cool:

...birdbrain.

I'll forward the issue to QA to check out.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like it's a bit of a...

:cool:

...birdbrain.

I'll forward the issue to QA to check out.

Sorry for being an TRIBBLE with this, but could you check if Tufted Fledglings and Tufted Seniors have intended 'skins'? They, unlike Tufted Adults, differ from the versions shown on this dev blog picture (well, they actually keep the non-tufted coloration, just add tufts and make it slightly brighter).

EDIT: Here's more info, pics, ... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11225571#post11225571,
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=784661,
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11237941#post11237941.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!