test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VERY unhappy that you guys are ungrateful!

asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
This is about the Tribble Test Reward. People are whining because the test reward is a Tribble. I mean yeah, I have a bank full of them, but still.... they could have not given you anything at all.

Just be glad you got anything in the first place.
latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
Post edited by asardetemplari on

Comments

• erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? You think your finger wagging post deserves it's own thread? When you work/perform a duty of some sort do you prefer to get paid with worthlessness? Your post should just be buried in one of the other threads on this subject.

6 flippin' threads on the front page about this :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A tribble? Well if this is a reward for testing then how come I have not seen it?? I never recieved my reward for the one hour of testing I did. I guess the only I will cry about is that I didn't get mine, and or they never stated how to claim it [Whether or not it's for your main toon on Holodeck or Tribble].
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    look in the game in teh C-Store under Items. You should be able to claim the Nukara tribble there.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A tribble? Well if this is a reward for testing then how come I have not seen it?? I never recieved my reward for the one hour of testing I did. I guess the only I will cry about is that I didn't get mine, and or they never stated how to claim it [Whether or not it's for your main toon on Holodeck or Tribble].
    You have to go to the zen store and 'claim' it under the items tab.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whining about people whining is hypocritical.

Not to mention that tribbles are worthless and not worth the space they take up in your inventory/bank.
    pvp = small package
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    erocker wrote: »
    Really? You think your finger wagging post deserves it's own thread? When you work/perform a duty of some sort do you prefer to get paid with worthlessness? Your post should just be buried in one of the other threads on this subject.

6 flippin' threads on the front page about this :rolleyes:

The whiners think their boo hoo posts deserve a thread, so why not?
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just curious but doesn't your post constitute whining about people whining about whining, and therefore cubes your own hypocrisy. :P

Guys, stop whining about whining about whining. Seriously!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The whiners think their boo hoo posts deserve a thread, so why not?

Bingo! This person is a genius. See, the whole point of this thread is to point out that people should really shut up and be glad they even got a tribble. I mean, come on. It's not like you got a golden pass to go to the chocolate factory.

IT'S JUST A TRIBBLE.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just curious but doesn't your post constitute whining about people whining about whining, and therefore cubes your own hypocrisy. :P

I personally cannot stand the people whining about the people who are whining about the people whining over the people who are whining about the people whining.
  • deathwalkerjr9deathwalkerjr9 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :( What Is wrong with the Star Trek Online Launcher , I log in , it goes to Please wait logging In .. With a yes or no question , But you can't click on the yes or no , Nothing happens , In fact I left it Running all night and It still says Please wait Logging in .... , I just down loaded the game Yesterday ... Yet I can't play it ! Why Is that ?, I took the screen shot of it , But looks like I can't post the screen shot of the broken Launcher ... :( I am Getting too frustrated with the game now ... What game? .... Never got chance to play the game! ... :-(
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is about the Tribble Test Reward. People are whining because the test reward is a Tribble. I mean yeah, I have a bank full of them, but still.... they could have not given you anything at all.

Giving you something that is obviously worthless AND a shameless attempt to make it worthless is not something to be grateful for.

This is an attempt to fill peoples inventories with garbage that ultimately ends up with people needing more space they have to buy or they might as well have gotten nothing = That is disgusting

The mandatory requirement that you pet this thing every hour is a shameless artificial limitation designed to TRIBBLE the players out of getting any meaningful reward unless they literally conform to treating the petting like a grind. Hmm... waste time petting each of these tribbles every hour or play the game yielding better rewards anyway.
    Gee... let me think on how glad I am I got a reward compared to getting nothing.

This should be a passive trait that gives a % boost to the amount of marks you gain of the appropriate type thus it is always on, dosent require someone to waste inventory space with garbage items and is a tangible benefit for all.

However, you think we should be glad Cryptic are being intentionally cheap, dishonest and disgusting opportunists when they use the player base as cheap labor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tomokwihnaitomokwihnai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just love the entitlement mentality going on. :D

This is just a game, folks. Something you do in your spare time that means absolutely nothing in the long run. Your lives are not revertible harmed by a malfunctioning imaginary tribble. Don't like it? Say thanks for the gift then space the thing, end of story.

As for getting "compensated" for your time of service, most common folk would consider the fact that this a free to play game enough of a reason to help developers with their testing. If you don't believe this way, don't volunteer your time, it is that simple.
  • cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's okay, the people here complaining about how they only get a Tribble are probably the people who are also whining that they can't get their Tribble since it was removed from the C-Store.
  • insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :( What Is wrong with the Star Trek Online Launcher , I log in , it goes to Please wait logging In .. With a yes or no question , But you can't click on the yes or no , Nothing happens , In fact I left it Running all night and It still says Please wait Logging in .... , I just down loaded the game Yesterday ... Yet I can't play it ! Why Is that ?, I took the screen shot of it , But looks like I can't post the screen shot of the broken Launcher ... :( I am Getting too frustrated with the game now ... What game? .... Never got chance to play the game! ... :-(

Two things:

First, this has nothing to do with what is being discussed. There are other threads about connection and launcher issues. I know you probably can't start your own, but you also can't just hijack the first thread you find.

Second, see if it is something on YOUR side, since the vast majority of players are able to start the game without failure every time. If its hanging on a confirmation/accept/Loading... type screen, check to see if you have any non-standard antivirus/antimalware type program running that could see STO phoning home as malicious.

Run a netstat to see if you are even connecting to Cryptic/PWE at all.

Did you check http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/? It could be a local routing issue, so someone else saying "I can connect" doesn't mean you can. Do you have a crappy ISP that could be traffic shaping everything to hell?

Does you computer meet the specs? Do you have some non-standard video setup, where it could be having trouble launching the full-screen application? Is it spiking your memory/CPU usage when its hanging like that?

You also said you just downloaded and installed it "yesterday".... did you reboot your computer after installing it?
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Tribble forgot about Nukara's harsh environment, and went to go put it's ExoSuit on, it'll be back shortly, I'm sure...

I can see why God needs Tribbles, but I still don't know why God needs a starship...
  • tomokwihnaitomokwihnai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I do find tibbles handy as a lubricate for fitting those square lock boxes into round torpedo tubes...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tribbles are epic! I love that all the STO players will have an opportunity to obtain this unique Tribble. I hope next time it will also be a new unique Tribble. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • deathwalkerjr9deathwalkerjr9 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two things:

First, this has nothing to do with what is being discussed. There are other threads about connection and launcher issues. I know you probably can't start your own, but you also can't just hijack the first thread you find.

Second, see if it is something on YOUR side, since the vast majority of players are able to start the game without failure every time. If its hanging on a confirmation/accept/Loading... type screen, check to see if you have any non-standard antivirus/antimalware type program running that could see STO phoning home as malicious.

Did you check http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/? It could be a local routing issue, so someone else saying "I can connect" doesn't mean you can. Do you have a crappy ISP that could be traffic shaping everything to hell?

Does you computer meet the specs? Do you have some non-standard video setup, where it could be having trouble launching the full-screen application? Is it spiking your memory/CPU usage when its hanging like that?

You also said you just downloaded and installed it "yesterday".... did you reboot your computer after installing it?

1st part
    ( Yes sorry I didn't know where you post this at, So, Sorry !)
    2nd

(On these two I have no idea how to do that. I have 3 Virus Type scanners on my Computer and Both Picks up nothing... if that's what you mean..)
    3rd
    ( And My Internet Connection is the Cable! So Far that i know its the best connections That can be Used)
    4th
    (And Its not Spiking my Computer , Nor its Crashing It , I left the launcher running , While Playing other games , Possessing speed 3.5 GB Ram, So Don't think that's the case. )
    last part
    (And on this yes i did reboot steal no Game play.)
    Well Have fun ! :-)
  • voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2013

Well I really didn't get anything at all, because the reward is pure garbage. Honestly I don't care, because the testing I did wasn't because of some vague reward that was promised.

But to say that any one should feel grateful for that steaming TRIBBLE is laughable.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited July 2013

rawr!

10/chars
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but still.... they could have not given you anything at all.

no they could not, because they tell players to go to tribble test weekend to get a reward.
    they promised it so they kinda have to do it.

and if they would not offer that carrot on a stick, then they could hardly do the stress testing the Test Weekend is intended for.

- 2 months is a bit long wait for an item that is supposed to help with Nukara Rep (some have already finished the Rep System without it)
    - the coder messed up his copy & paste job from 3 previous Tribbles that worked the exact same way, and he did not test his own work or he would have noticed.
    - QA did not test the new item or they would have noticed
    - extra server downtime because of an exploitable broken Tribble...

...yes honestly we should be totally happy about this excellent performance because they didn't have to do any of this.

*DERP*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The tribble test rewards have always been tribbles for as far back as I can remember. WTF is the problem? You guys act so surprised that it's the same thing it's always been...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Its about that people that didn't do the testing also getting the tribble.
    That means I don't get anything for the testing, if my alt account that didn't do any testing also get the tribble.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its about that people that didn't do the testing also getting the tribble.
    That means I don't get anything for the testing, if my alt account that didn't do any testing also get the tribble.

All I hear, I am crying because a free thing that I didn't existed just the idea isn't available to me yet, but I still want it, I want it I want it.

Let them fix it and then say thank you cryptic (ten minutes later you can cry again about some other thing because I surmise thats what you do)

On a side note, we need a tribble tab and pets tab.
  • meeheemeehee Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    The tribble test rewards have always been tribbles for as far back as I can remember. WTF is the problem? You guys act so surprised that it's the same thing it's always been...

The tribble test reward for season 1 had a unique title along with the tribble, the season 3 reward was a Runabout space pet for Feds and a Toron shuttle pet for klinks, The season 5 Test reward was a Tribble but there were also tierd rewards of a dilithium bonus, skill point bonus & 3 levels of unique doffs, and the Season 6 test reward had a unique breen boff as well as a tribble..

So its not always just been a tribble.... In my opinion with such a large test that LoR was, they should have had the same sort of tiered rewards as they did for the F2P test for people who did the long term testing.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A tribble is better than them giving your character a T-shirt that says " I tested season X on tribble" on the front and on the back "And all I got was this crappy T-shirt". and doing that for every big update.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    meehee wrote: »
    The tribble test reward for season 1 had a unique title along with the tribble, the season 3 reward was a Runabout space pet for Feds and a Toron shuttle pet for klinks, The season 5 Test reward was a Tribble but there were also tierd rewards of a dilithium bonus, skill point bonus & 3 levels of unique doffs, and the Season 6 test reward had a unique breen boff as well as a tribble..

So its not always just been a tribble.... In my opinion with such a large test that LoR was, they should have had the same sort of tiered rewards as they did for the F2P test for people who did the long term testing.

One thing I think gets forgotten when people bring up those doffs and stuff is that they were previously announced before their test period. We were told that if we tested to certain requirements, we would get doffs depending on how far we got (and similar). The Breen boff was for specifically testing Nukara-and that was mentioned in advance, too, as I recall.

There wasn't anything mentioned in advance for LoR. There was no reason to expect more than what we got: a tribble that fit the theme of this publish.

Edit: Good point on the Season 3 stuff, though. I expect, though, that we wouldn't hear any less shouting if we'd gotten a vanity ship pet instead of a tribble.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Captains, the number of threads about the Nukara tribble is growing and the general bent of this one is going to be unproductive... therefore I am closing it.

If you have anything to say about the Nukara tribble, please seek out an active thread on the topic.

If you have negative things to say about other posters, well, we'll probably be better off if you try to keep them to yourself. These kinds of threads don't sit well with a lot of forum users.

[Wide Angle Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Flames]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.