test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Test Weekend Reward Available!

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    i know people have already been complaining about closed beta testers got the short end of the stick on being rewarded, but i gonna ask brandon this: brandon, u all gonna do something for the closed beta testers or we ended getting the short end of the stick?

Getting the chance to test Romulans, the UI, and the biggest update to the game to date 3 weeks ahead of Open Beta and 1 month ahead of Holodeck for free wasn't reward enough?

Wow. Such a sense of entitlement the likes of which I've not seen before now.

I take testing as a chance to not only 1) yes, give feedback to Cryptic/PWE on what needs fixed but also 2) to see if something is worth the effort to use on Holodeck.

I cherish the chance to test these things for no actual resource or cash cost. You know what that means for me on Holodeck when what I'm testing hits? If I don't like it, it saves me effort, resources, and a ton of time. If I like it, I can set a goal for myself, especially if I have nothing else to do.

I'm surprised some people here don't see these kinds of intangible benefits to testing. Enough people did, or else Tribble wouldn't have had queues during testing weekend.

EDIT: Those who just sit on Tribble AFK for 1 hour, you have the least room to talk. You didn't test. You don't deserve anything.
  • diplomat9999diplomat9999 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    soooo, tribbles are annoying now ey? lol, whats the *****? its canon?
    rofl.

personally I find it hilarious that every exclamation point by bran is almost immediately followed by a slew of frowny faces xD
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? I finished tier 5 of nukara rep ages ago, I never go on nukara anymore because the boff trick doesn't work and because I don't need marks anymore, and you make us wait more than one and half a month to give this terrible thing? Thanks, Pathethicryptic.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please re-consider your Tribble Testing Rewards in the future.
    Season 5 was incredible, as we got some amazing rewards for that testing. The more you tested, the more rewards you got. Of course it was impossible to get the better ones without actually playing/testing (ie you couldn't just park in orbit on Tribble for 2hrs to get the rewards). Other than that, the Tribbles we get, honestly are a little underwhelming, mostly because the idea is getting stale and for reasons listed below. Getting Rare/Very Rare DOffs would be better.

I Love the Fur Balls!
    To be clear, I love tribbles in this game. I find the whole concept of these cuddly canon critters providing a play buff to be hilarious. I think the Tribble Breeding mini-game is inspired! Whomever thought to introduce the tribble game element should win an award. :D

The problem with Tribbles:
    Like the show from which they came, tribbles clog up the joint. They get into everything, and before you know it they've taken up every nook and cranny. That's fine for a TV story, but eventually overwhelms gameplay. The problem is that Bank/Inventory is finite. I've purchased all the extra slots I can, but am still running out. It was one thing when we used to be able to store tribbles in the Mail, but that's been taken away by the new (stealth) Mail Nerf, and the fact that all these new/special tribbles are bound.

Post-F2P Testing Tribbles Are the Worse!
    The Radan, Fleet, Mol'Rihan, and (I'm guessing) this new Nukara tribble are bound to the Captain. This is horrible! I can no longer store my tribbles on my BOffs. I can only keep them in my Captain's devices, inventory, or bank. It makes storing food-items incredibly problematic and basically kills the Tribble Breeding mini-game. If you're going to continue to give us Tribbles, please for the Pete of sake, do not bind them in this way!

Really? Environmental Defense?
    A final qibble about the Nukara Tribble (see what I did thar?)... You gave it the power to generate Nukara Marks, that is nice, but what's the point to giving it +10 Environmental Damage Resist? It'da been better with just a generic +1 or 2% All Damage Resist. When is Environmental Damage ever a problem? When we're on a Demon World. But we can't even access such a world unless we're in an EVA Suit. Which protects us entirely from Environmental Damage. :confused:

Anyway, you are welcome for my time testing your product. Thanks for the Tribble.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    I honestly don't care much for the Tribbles in-game (except for the Risa version).

But thanks! :)

how do you get the risa tribble? I havent seen it..
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have Mol'Rihan and Nukara Tribble. When 1 of the Tribble is on 1 hour cooldown the other does not get a cooldown. So I can use one of them every 6s. Nice done. :D
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Getting the chance to test Romulans, the UI, and the biggest update to the game to date 3 weeks ahead of Open Beta and 1 month ahead of Holodeck for free wasn't reward enough?

Wow. Such a sense of entitlement the likes of which I've not seen before now.

I take testing as a chance to not only 1) yes, give feedback to Cryptic/PWE on what needs fixed but also 2) to see if something is worth the effort to use on Holodeck.

I cherish the chance to test these things for no actual resource or cash cost. You know what that means for me on Holodeck when what I'm testing hits? If I don't like it, it saves me effort, resources, and a ton of time. If I like it, I can set a goal for myself, especially if I have nothing else to do.

I'm surprised some people here don't see these kinds of intangible benefits to testing. Enough people did, or else Tribble wouldn't have had queues during testing weekend.

we also had to spend time durring the closed beta also and time is a resource according to some people.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    we also had to spend time durring the closed beta also and time is a resource according to some people.

Time you decided to give not knowing the rewards. Cryptic didn't put any metaphorical gun to your head saying "test it or else." You chose to log in, check out the new stuff, and perhaps play a bit to get a feel of things.

That's not time wasted. That's time scouting out the new stuff, getting new info, and trying to get an advantage on those who don't/can't test.

That's worth the time.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    how do you get the risa tribble? I havent seen it..

Buy one of the Risa food items (they're cheap) and feed it to any tribble.
  • weiir1weiir1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm forced to agree with what everyone here has to say. This wasn't just any Tribble Test weekend, this was Closed & Open beta testing for the first game expansion. We honestly did deserve better, and while I like tribbles, I hardly use them. The party poppers for each anniversary of the game are superb because they're fun! it's something that won't alter the gameplay but are immensely popular. I do think something should be done to at least give closed beta members (whom I'm not a part of) a better reward and token of gratitude.
    FWI I don't blame Cryptic for this, I blame the publisher who is dictating what they do in order to make PWE rich. While Atari was not the best publisher in the world, they at least gave Cryptic more freedom with policies. My advice: find another publisher before you lose more people. PWE, Thank you oh so much for treating us like 3rd class citizens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    weiir1 wrote: »
    FWI I don't blame Cryptic for this, I blame the publisher who is dictating what they do in order to make PWE rich. While Atari was not the best publisher in the world, they at least gave Cryptic more freedom with policies. My advice: find another publisher before you lose more people. PWE, Thank you oh so much for treating us like 3rd class citizens.

Um, just FYI:

Under Atari:
    - Nearly a full year of little to no new development for STO.

- Allowed the STO Dev team to shrink by not allowing Cryptic to fill vacated positions.

Under PWE:

- Allowed Cryptic to hire and expand the STO Dev team to 50+ people (larger than it was before even under Atari before the hiring freeze.

- Over a year of steady content development (a new sector space zone; New Romulus Adventure Zones, etc.)

- A new full (and Free) expansion with playable Romulans; new KDF tutorial and expanded content for KDF (took long enough and wasn't possible under Atari)

Given the above, I'll take PWE over Atari any day of the week myself.

(So, they gave out another Rep based Tribble as a reward. Meh. Most MMO developers don't bother rewarding anything for playing on their test servers beyond seeing the new content first/offering feedback.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree ...

And i say : If Tribble, with her buffs, multiplied by 2 the mark we received, I say it's good rewards ... (For example : Without Tribble we give 25 Marks, WITH tribble we got 50 Marks.)

But, this tribble is useless ... 1 more ? Why only 1 ? And this reward is for ALL ... Ok, but, all can prevent the arrival of the weekend test.

So, stop this tribble, or add other some object usefull.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay I actually like this one. I see it as useful. Plus why complain your getting something for free. That one mark an hour will add up.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you guys at Cryptic are going to not bother putting any effort at all in the Tribble rewards. Exactly why should we bother to test for you any more?

This will join the other tribbles that cannot be used by my boffs, unclaimed.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to be honest with you Cryptic. This is pretty sad.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nice that you can use him every 6 sec someone forgot some 0 for the normally 60 min cooldown but because all have it you dont have to fix this very fast ! And some will hate me because i wrote this but i was not the 1. who did this in this treat.

he looks great good work keep on doing it ... and maybe slower but without so many Bugs ...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=788111

because you have be to blind to dont see it i see no problem saying it ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dissapointing.

Not the value of the reward, but the lack of imagination that comes with it. A DOFF would have been worthwhile. How about a unique Reman miner DOFF for instance, to kickstart enthusiasm for the new holding?
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love free stuff. Still running Nukara rep, so it might come in handy. But one question nags at me. Isn't this one of the most offensive gifts you could give a Klingon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest the point of tribble releases isn't bug fixes. It's publicity. There was a queue to login to tribble during the test weekend and it wasn't so they could hunt for bugs it was so they could see the new shinys. Then they would go tell all their friends about the new shinys and people would be psyched for lor's release to holodeck.
    pvp = small package
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2013
    Hey, Brandon, yer its me again! :D "Comrademoco"...

but is there a way to know what the limmit on who gets and who dosen't get the Nakura Tribble... because one of my members has been playing STO for 2 weeks and he dose not see hes Nakura Tribble.. but according to the Blog it sais ALL players will get it.. im confused now!!!

Any answer?
  • es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow...really? A tribble?? :eek: I am chocked....and it gives me 1 nukara mark every hour??? OMG :rolleyes: I was not expecting this. This something you never did before...oh wait!

On a serious note....really? really?? seriously cryptic?...so and you reward the people that took the time to actuall GO to the test server by giving it to EVERYONE that didnt care!!

I feel so rewarded!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • chronoskenschronoskens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't matter the tribble isn't showing up for me and i was on during the test weekend
    edited July 2013
    es0archer wrote: »
    Wow...really? A tribble?? :eek: I am chocked....and it gives me 1 nukara mark every hour??? OMG :rolleyes: I was not expecting this. This something you never did before...oh wait!

On a serious note....really? really?? seriously cryptic?...so and you reward the people that took the time to actuall GO to the test server by giving it to EVERYONE that didnt care!!

I fell so rewarded!
    sorry can not stop me from typing this ... every 6 sec not h

its so funny rolf
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    es0archer wrote: »

I fell so rewarded!
    When we tested season seven, we got a tribble that gave out 1 Romulan Mark per hour.
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reward for the Legacy of Romulus Tribble Test Weekend is now available for all players to claim in-game! Read more for additional information.

Click here to read more.

Sorry, but I have tried to login 5 times.
    Login, Load, Click C-Store and check "items" <--repeated via 5 times
    And there is no reward in my account. Is there another bug that is preventing the reward from even showing up?

I did play the test weekend for Legacy of Romulus and even left feedback.
    I agree with the huge handful of other people that a tribble is a little small as a bonus special prize but whatever. Where is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
    edited July 2013
    with every season testing there was a testtribble so far ... what do you wanted this time 10.000 Marks of your Choise or 1000 Zen ...

only problem i see for Klingons were is the Tribble eating targ ...
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I cannot find the Tribble in the C-Store. Where is my Tribble? :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    When we tested season seven, we got a tribble that gave out 1 Romulan Mark per hour.

I was being sarcastic ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, but I have tried to login 5 times.
    Login, Load, Click C-Store and check "items" <--repeated via 5 times
    And there is no reward in my account. Is there another bug that is preventing the reward from even showing up?

I did play the test weekend for Legacy of Romulus and even left feedback.
    I agree with the huge handful of other people that a tribble is a little small as a bonus special prize but whatever. Where is it?

I am having this problem too I did many hours testing both closed and open. I left several bits of feedback both through the in game system and on the forums. yet I don't get this reward that "everybody" got? Not bashing the reward every season you test you get a tribble although the doff for tholian invasion was a nice extra. I am fine with the reward it is what I knew it would be anyway. I would just like to be able to get it.