test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Destabilizer console (warning that player run wiki has wrong info)

vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
From the kdf Qaw'Dun Bird-of-Prey:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Qaw%27Dun_Bird-of-Prey
The Shield Destabilizer is a passive ability that is always active, and does not need to be activated.

Wrong. I just unlocked this myself and it's not a passive at all.

This is a 15 seconds ability that has a 3 min CD and is dependent on aux power.

In my case with 88 to aux it's 189.2 shield damage to each facing per second for 15 seconds.
At 121 to aux it's 238.2 shield damage.

Having a shield damage console is a good idea but a 3 min CD compared to plasmonic leech or aceton assimilator I'd never have bought it myself if the wki wasn't wrong.

Peace out
Post edited by vestereng on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I'm VERY careful with this term but this is actually false advertising.:mad:
  • zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Next time don't use wiki, ingame description doesn't say it is passive. Pretty much almost all but plasmonic leech consoles are activate only.
    2010 is my join date.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm VERY careful with this term but this is actually false advertising.:mad:

Except that the STO wiki is not run by Cryptic, PWE, CBS or Paramount. Thus it is not false advertising, merely inaccurate data supplied by fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Next time don't use wiki, ingame description doesn't say it is passive. Pretty much almost all but plasmonic leech consoles are activate only.

Plasleech, the warbird heal console, the warbird weapon proc console, the auto def turret for pre orders, I think there is one or two others tops. But yhea wiki isn't always going to be right, and certainly isn't false advertising.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Except that the STO wiki is not run by Cryptic, PWE, CBS or Paramount. Thus it is not false advertising, merely inaccurate data supplied by fans.

You're right, sorry hadn't seen the link goes to the wiki.
    Dang I'm sill not used to the new "gamepeidia" links.:(
    edited June 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    You're right, sorry hadn't seen the link goes to the wiki.
    Dang I'm sill not used to the new "gamepeidia" links.:(

No worries. A lot of people make this mistake as it can be rare for companies such as CBS/Paramount to make such things available under an open license. No harm done though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vestereng wrote: »

This is a 15 seconds ability that has a 3 min CD and is dependent on aux power.

In my case with 88 to aux it's 189.2 shield damage to each facing per second for 15 seconds.
    At 121 to aux it's 238.2 shield damage.

more false information, my ship was not boosted by aux power, my shield destabilizer that is, and it lasted for 30 seconds.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing about wikis is, anyone can edit them.

So my question to the OP is, why did they start a thread on the forums and leave the wiki page alone, instead of amending the information on the wiki to prevent others falling into the same trap they did?
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Question: if the wiki is wrong (and it is), why not create an account, log in, and change it?
  • paradise1killerparadise1killer Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its still a nice console but I agree with the op 3 min CD is really long 2 min would be more fair.

At max flow cap its -360 shields for 30 sec, equaling 10800 shields AoE every 3 min and 15% -dam res , remind u this is max flow cap.

I would rather have it at 2min or have it drain more.
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
    Zeadonouse
    ToLate
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    Its still a nice console but I agree with the op 3 min CD is really long 2 min would be more fair.

At max flow cap its -360 shields for 30 sec, equaling 10800 shields AoE every 3 min and 15% -dam res , remind u this is max flow cap.

I found it useful for leveling a new klingon in mirror event - where you get tight mobs of starships - as it effects all ememies in 5km radius. Same at openning spawn point in ker'rat.

other than that its not too useful.
    edited June 2013
    The thing about wikis is, anyone can edit them.

So my question to the OP is, why did they start a thread on the forums and leave the wiki page alone, instead of amending the information on the wiki to prevent others falling into the same trap they did?

Because, like so many others, they assumed that the wiki page was run by Cryptic/PWE. I can think of no other logical reason why someone would go to the trouble of complaining about an unaffiliated, fan run website on a completely separate forum run by an actual company.

Of course, there are some very silly people out there who scream, rant and throw their toys out of their prams without looking to see who they are taking aim at first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What do you mean by max flow cap?

With 6 points in flowcap and 130 aux power i get to 223 shielddrain.

I can hardly imagine you can go to 360 just by going 9flowcap.

So pls tell me how high your flowcap skill is / how many flowcap you get from consoles/deflector.

edit: ive tried with a fleetmate and with 50ish power insulators i drained about 2k each facing (his passive shield regen included) which seemed rather underwhelming to me