test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #31

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the second Dilithium Mine Featured Project in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah that's cute and all, but Mines are far too expensive for the benefit you receive to bother with.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    amwolfe wrote: »
    Yeah that's cute and all, but Mines are far too expensive for the benefit you receive to bother with.

Then don't slot the project, simple as that... it's cosmetic.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That could be said of the entire Fleet Advancement System. The thing is were also getting better warp cores a limited selection of better eng consoles and some really good DOff assignments. Were getting just as much from this holding as any other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good stuff, thank you Charles for making that dark place more welcome and awesome looking :)
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why have comments been disabled on blog entries? Or are they broken....
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Good news! The entire fleet system- every bit of it- is totally optional and you don't have to do any of it. You're welcome.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hm, so far I have to say the visual updates to the mine (purely judged by the description and the small pictures) are of much better quality then the embassy's.

Although I have to say the technique to do these upgrades is a bit "insulting". ;)

It seems every special feature is already there and done, just obscured and held ransom until we pay our dilithium share.

Like: "here is a brand new car and it's free! Now, if you pay 200k you also get wheels for it and an engine for another 200k and...!" :D
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013

From what I understand, comments were disabled since you can comment right here :) It saves time looking in two locations for player feedback etc.

That's what I figure anyways the truth could be more interesting than I realize :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013

They're not forcing any Fleet to advance their holdings. Don't feel it' worth it? Don't slot any projects for it. It's your Fleet's choice.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    askray wrote: »
    From what I understand, comments were disabled since you can comment right here :) It saves time looking in two locations for player feedback etc.

That's what I figure anyways the truth could be more interesting than I realize :P

Actually, if i am not mistaken, the comments were disabled because they are publically viewable (no login/account required)... the forums you need to login to view...

IMO, it is so perspective players don't get exposed to the the seedy underbelly of the STO community.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, if i am not mistaken, the comments were disabled because they are publically viewable (no login/account required)... the forums you need to login to view...

IMO, it is so perspective players don't get exposed to the the seedy underbelly of the STO community.

You can view the forums without being logged in ;) I do it from my phone quite often hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I stand corrected... although I did like my conspiracy theory better than your reality ;)

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm do them now or wait until we get the full discount and do them when they come around again, what to do what to do...................
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having done the two sub-tiers first, I haven't even seen the interior of the fleet dilithium mine yet. With or without the first project. I think those, and this one, may be a tad premature. Even fleets that went Tier 1 with 1000 XP will only have first seen their base three days ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2013

They didn't want blog readers that do not visit the forums to see all of the negative comments people post. They want to hide the players' opinions from potential new players.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They didn't want blog readers that do not visit the forums to see all of the negative comments people post. They want to hide the players' opinions from potential new players.

They post a link. To the forum thread. At the bottom of the blog.

Here's a concept- they administrate and moderate this forum. If they wanted to hide negative opinions, they would.
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing I regret is the rather high dilithium cost of the Special Projects. I like them, as cosmetic changes are what enhance the visual aspect of the game, but as a member of a very small fleet we have a busy enough time just trying to get the "meat & potatoes" up & running. Shilling out 200k in dilithium for each Special Project is tough for us. I realize that isn't a concern for most players that are part of a larger fleet (or players with deep ZEN pockets), as your greater numbers really help flesh out your fleet holdings. But the high cost of the special projects in game hours/dilithium is rather prohibitive for any small fleet to have a snazzy home starbase/embassy/mine complex, especially given the fact that these projects are Limited Time Only - One Special Project At A Time.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's an unveiled attempt to make people buy Zen with real money so they can get a hold of these Special projects.

Regardless of what they say about discounts, this will always be the way it is.
  • Options
    saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I want is clarification on at what tier the first featured mine project unlocks. The fleet I'm in has unlocked tier 1 across the board and no windows. Will this second project be the same? Or worse, having to wait until the first one unlocks before the second one will. Hopefully there will be immediate visible results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is good. However I went to my Fleet's rock. And that was all it was. A rock. So until they get the base up and going. I won't be back there to visit a rock.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Enterprise Maco plox
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The good question is :

When is the special project for adding quarters crew in Starbase will be added to the special project ?

We need to have lot of quarters ... it's home of fleet ... and no Quarters ? xD
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pascaldu76 wrote: »
    The good question is :

When is the special project for adding quarters crew in Starbase will be added to the special project ?

We need to have lot of quarters ... it's home of fleet ... and no Quarters ? xD

I seriously doubt that would be a special project. It would be too impressive and non-cosmetic. I would imagine that it would be part of the player housing feature that should be implemented into this game which means free, but certain housing items like furniture would be available through the C-Store and other methods.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would rather the Fleet Warp Core list be improved. Grinding supplies to unlock, Dev & Mine T1(you need both) was really an insult. Like waiting to see a hyped movie, paying $40 bucks jus to have it flop.

A bulk of them have [Coi] modifiers, I kan load a green type jus for Tour & get that. It's useless in PvP & STF/PvE battles...doing Fleet Tiers deserves a little more love/effort then that Dev's. My whole Fleet was highly disappointed in that one

-V