test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 9, 2013

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130609a.36

General:
  • The mail items that went missing should now be returned to you! Please log in and check to make sure all of your items are back!
  • The celebration lights on the Risan Event map will not turn on or off based on a holiday schedule.
  • The captain's table will now properly gate access based on veteran or lifetime status.
  • The Tier 5 Nukara Reputation reward will now grant properly for all players of all factions.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the Ground M.A.C.O 3-piece set bonus from applying to all attacks and to all members of the players' team.
    • This bonus will not stack with multiple players using the set.
  • Added additional verification so the proper player ship will appear at the character select screen.
  • Server Stability Updates

Known Issues:
  • The Flight Deck Duty Officer that applies the defensive bonus while in recall mode has been temporarily disabled.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Which 3-piece MACO set? Ground or Space?
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »

Ground, most likely. The 3-piece set bonus in Space is the Heavy Graviton Beam.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ground set has the team bonuses.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »

Ground M.A.C.O
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]The mail items that went missing should now be returned to you! Please log in and check to make sure all of your items are back!
    I have no mail/items on Tribble. :confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.31.20130609a.36

General:
    • The mail items that went missing should now be returned to you! Please log in and check to make sure all of your items are back!

Has this patch been applied? Is mail shared across servers? If it is, my mail is empty and nothing has been returned.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    besides items, do i get the rest of my email too??
    because it was really important to me.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Has this patch been applied? Is mail shared across servers? If it is, my mail is empty and nothing has been returned.

Have you freshly copied your character to Tribble?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mail is not shared between servers. Otherwise you would be able to copy characters to Tribble, mail items to yourself, then claim them on Holodeck thus duplicating them.

So the only way to get items back on Tribble that were lost in the mail, you had to have had them in your mail on Tribble. You'll have to wait until the fix goes live to see if you get them returned on Holodeck.
  • goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Person Rep is still Defaulting to ZERO. If you transfer a new toon to over.
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ... you had to have had them in your mail on Tribble. You'll have to wait until the fix goes live to see if you get them returned on Holodeck.

Thanks

/10chars
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No Suliban ship selection fix yet?
  • therealtogietherealtogie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Almost makes me regret reporting the Captain's Table access.

...now, if you folks could just fix the muting/unmuting in chat, that'd be great...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Person Rep is still Defaulting to ZERO. If you transfer a new toon to over.

If reputation transferred over, it would be much easier to test some things.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any word on the bves(sp?) KHG costume options for maxed out Task Force Omega rep? I'm told those have been unavailable since the rep system launched.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • buzz0942buzz0942 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cannot confirm this. No mail, no items - not even my missing tribble-mails with tribble-items.

Q: When is a fix not a fix?
  • phoenixfettphoenixfett Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my missing items are not showing up in the email, but are in my inventory? strange!
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nothing Nada Zip. No Items what so ever...
    edited July 2013
    buzz0942 wrote: »
    Q: When is a fix not a fix?

Well it IS a test server and to be honest it says SHOULD.... not ARE.... :)
    edited July 2013
    Seems when I copy my char to Tribble, It copys an old backup of my char...Not the one I have now..
    I have items that I just yesterday got rid of that I could'nt delete/discard .. From some Sh'itty romulan trade mission (Phase compensator).

Edit: And my Jetpack is my old one...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    If reputation transferred over, it would be much easier to test some things.
    Test things on a Test Server? You must be CrAzY!

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    General:
    • The Tier 5 Nukara Reputation reward will now grant properly for all players of all factions.

It is much appreciated.

Now, please, also fix this *very* annoying bug where Embassy boffs (trained by other Captains in a skill) lose their heads, or other vital parts of their anatomy!
    General:
    • Added additional verification so the proper player ship will appear at the character select screen.

Does this also mean you fixed the 'boffs appearing random on the bridge' bug? Cuz I think they're related. Often, it seems, the game erroneously defaults to thinking you're in a shuttle: thus selecting only a single boff of your choice (usually the tact boff on your shuttle), filling in the rest with random ones. Wouldn't be surprised if the 'department heads gone random' bug ties in with all of this somehow too.

Anyway, you're the dev. Please, fix it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ukomegaukomega Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    goltzhar wrote: »
    Seems when I copy my char to Tribble, It copys an old backup of my char...Not the one I have now..
    I have items that I just yesterday got rid of that I could'nt delete/discard .. From some Sh'itty romulan trade mission (Phase compensator)..

I have kind of the same problem. At first i thought it was just copying my last transer clone, as it were, but my current tribble clone has the Scimi.. and I know this is the first copy i have made since i got that ship. Also inventory items are all whack. copy has items i got rid of or used ages ago on holodeck.
    Transaprent2.png
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really sad how broken the game is and this is the patch notes we get.
    Boffs unslotting, department heads unslotting, away teams unslotting, numerous missions in the game completely broken.. and we are concerned with the never used captain's table.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ST.31.20130609a.36

General:
    • The celebration lights on the Risan Event map will not turn on or off based on a holiday schedule.
    • The captain's table will now properly gate access based on veteran or lifetime status.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented the Ground M.A.C.O 3-piece set bonus from applying to all attacks and to all members of the players' team.
      • This bonus will not stack with multiple players using the set.
    • Server Stability Updates

Known Issues:
    • The Flight Deck Duty Officer that applies the defensive bonus while in recall mode has been temporarily disabled.

With the announcement of the new TNG Romulan Costumes hitting the C(Z)Store... any word at maybe a possibility of the numerous Tailor Bugs out there??

I know the Patch Notes have nothing to do with the Tailor.. but I'm hoping to see some Tailor items on it.. Soon?... Please??

Jolan'tru
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my missing items are not showing up in the email, but are in my inventory? strange!

Hmm, color me concerned. IF were at our inventory limit are the returned items going to go into an overflow bag, or just evaporate because space can't be found in our inventory.

...Returning those items via the mail will violate the new limit that broke the mail to mail to begin with, ya ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was hoping for some word on the Squishytar. Oh well. Perhaps it should now be named the Scamitar? :D
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]The mail items that went missing should now be returned to you! Please log in and check to make sure all of your items are back!

I now have even less mails than before, i lost everything except the last message i got (Item sold in the exchange, from july 4).

Oh, and nothing in the inventory
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, has anyone that lost mail on tribble gotten their items back yet ? Bran says holodeck and tribble mail are shard seperated, so only lost tribble attachments will be returned on the test server.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Checked - and sorry, but no. I know that I had mail in there dating back to 2010, not sure if there were any that far back with attachments, but the mail in the Tribble copy only shows mail dating back a month before I copied the character over, through the time the copy was made, I believe.

I have mail dated 3/13-4/14/2013. All of the mail attachments are exchange expired mails (none of what would have been in the mail at the time I made the copy). All of those have the duplicate, item not attached, mails as well.

I don't know when the mail systems were separated, but I do know I used to see the mails from Holodeck while on Tribble. I was always afraid to take anything out in Tribble (although I did try to send myself something from Tribble to Holodeck, which resulted in a mail with no item attached. Had to try it, but that was at least 2 years ago. lol)

My inventory does not look touched. There is no discrepancy between what I have in there.

The only thing I know for certain is that I did not send items to myself while on Tribble, so if those were the only ones that can verify if it worked, I am unable to verify. Sorry I don't have any other feedback or help I can give. I would really really like to know if this is going to work.

One question - what will the "from" address be, if the items are to be mailed to us? And should we expect to see dates from the time the items were actually in the mail, or will this be a deluge of mails from sorry@cryptic dated 7/11/2013? lol

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)