test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trill bare feet?

bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
I recently unlocked the Risian Beachcomber outfit for my female KDF Trill captain. I was a bit surprised to find that the Trill spots stop above the ankle. I guess I was expecting them to extend onto the feet, but I could easily be wrong on that. Does anyone know of a specific reference in canon to this? All I could find was a mention on Memory Alpha of the spots running "from forehead to toes."

I'm more than happy to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt. They got Klingon feet right, as seen in "Ethics", so they're probably right on this too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cooldisplaynamecooldisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here you go:

changeofheart_070.jpg
  • exejayexejay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 Spots on feet. :D
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, Trill need spotted feet. They also need a little work to make the neck spots blend into the shoulders better.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Let he who is without sin..." When Jadzia is in a swimsuit show it.

"Equilibrium" also shows it when Jadiza is lying on the medical bed in the Symbiosis Commission Hospital.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, Trill need spotted feet. They also need a little work to make the neck spots blend into the shoulders better.

I suspect that there are limitations in the resolution of the foot texture that would make that difficult. I've done renders of Trill characters, that have spots from head to toe, it took a great deal of work, and that was with very high resolution models and textures, I suspect STO's textures are much lower res, which would make this infinitely more difficult to pull off. The main stumbling block is in the seams between two textures, it is incredibly difficult to line the pattern up between them convincingly.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmpf glkj grrrr rdfg ompfff feeeet
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    "Let he who is without sin..." When Jadzia is in a swimsuit show it.

I actually watched that episode recently, because it's set on Risa. I didn't think to look at Jadzia's feet at the time.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally i've been advocating going back adn doing a review of all the skins for some time now. My liberated officers are ridiculous looking because their custom skin (like most) only cover the head. Trill spots, caitians, and gorn i think are the only skins that extend below the neck, and it's high time cryptic went back and redid some of the skins given that this has been an issue since they first added open uniforms, especially seeing how we have to pay money for most, or grind for others.
  • randal4104randal4104 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm, do think it could have been hardware limitations or could it have been simply an aesthetic thing, where they tried to do it for the sake of the fans but couldn't get it to look right? I can believe if they could not get it to look right more if I saw an attempt or something. Either way... FEET! :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm trying to build a comprehensive thread on costume/tailor issues (see my signature). Does this problem still exist? Does anyone have pix of their Trill feet without spots and/or any more details?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.