test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Status?

vexravusvexravus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Okay, does anyone know what exactly is going on with the Foundry? Ever since LoR went live the Foundry has been off, then the missions were available for play but not editing, then editing opened up but it seems to begin to lag after you've been using it for ten minutes or more (only the story window though, nothing else). The editing also seems to keep being randomly disabled...is this just because they keep taking it down for maintenance? If so that's great, but it would be nice to get some warning or a very obvious post about it so that I know it's Cryptic taking it down to work on it and that it's not just some serious error on my end.

Thanks

-XA
Post edited by vexravus on

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    Ive not experienced any of that... certain objects not showing up when I preview but no lag. Ocassionally it seems to lock up when I preview as well
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    There was a brief outage with the Foundry earlier today, but has since been resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • whitehot0whitehot0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't even get into the Foundry as new or load, it hangs at "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching Foundry updates."
  • nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mine worked fine yesterday....today I get "Login failed for unknown reason" when I try to load a project...

When I am able to get in...the loading screen takes up to ten minutes..and I dont have that much on the map yet.
  • vexravusvexravus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still getting problems with the Foundry loading and occasionally get the login error as well.
    Also, one of my missions now cannot be published (which is irritating since it took a couple of month or more to write) because it says I still have unfinished tasks, namely missing text and needing to choose costumes for dialogues, but I've done all that. So now I can't publish...anyone else having that problem? Any idea for a fix that doesn't involve completely rewriting the whole mission...?

One more thing...who had the bright idea to REMOVE the import costume feature? Please never let them do anything involving the Foundry ever again...
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vexravus wrote: »
    I'm still getting problems with the Foundry loading and occasionally get the login error as well.
    Also, one of my missions now cannot be published (which is irritating since it took a couple of month or more to write) because it says I still have unfinished tasks, namely missing text and needing to choose costumes for dialogues, but I've done all that. So now I can't publish...anyone else having that problem? Any idea for a fix that doesn't involve completely rewriting the whole mission...?

One more thing...who had the bright idea to REMOVE the import costume feature? Please never let them do anything involving the Foundry ever again...

I have a different kind of problem that prevents me from publishing... (see the red link in my signature).
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vexravus wrote: »

This has already been discussed ad nauseam on some other threads. Long story short, they found a flaw in the import feature that was causing STO to crash. They were allegedly unable to fix the problem without creating other new issues, so they pulled the feature until they can figure out how to fix it - which, given the relative dearth of resources Cryptic has devoted to the Foundry, may be a long time away if ever.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has already been discussed ad nauseam on some other threads. Long story short, they found a flaw in the import feature that was causing STO to crash. They were allegedly unable to fix the problem without creating other new issues, so they pulled the feature until they can figure out how to fix it - which, given the relative dearth of resources Cryptic has devoted to the Foundry, may be a long time away if ever.

Which essentially ruins the majority of future Foundry missions until they do fix it, I'm struggling to think of any of the spotlight missions that don't use a custom costume over at least one enemy group.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Which essentially ruins the majority of future Foundry missions until they do fix it, I'm struggling to think of any of the spotlight missions that don't use a custom costume over at least one enemy group.

Not the same thing. The costume import feature allows you to load a costume from a saved external file. This doesn't prevent assigning custom made costumes to NPCs, it just means these costumes have to be made inside the mission.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not the same thing. The costume import feature allows you to load a costume from a saved external file. This doesn't prevent assigning custom made costumes to NPCs, it just means these costumes have to be made inside the mission.

I'm aware of what the import costume option is, I thought that this was an extra issue also but it appears I may have been mistaken. As I've said in another post on the same subject I'm just going to keep adding any costumes I need per mission and then import the last one I published from the archives, I may end up with a pile of redundant costumes but then at least I'll still be able to use them should I need them, without having to spend ages setting them up again.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan