test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Mail **UPDATE: Items now back on Holodeck with the 7/11 patch**

Comments

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I meant to post that here too :) Thanks for linking!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just checked to see if you did. Thanks Brandon! A post every other day or so, even to just say 'no other news, still working on it' would go a long way towards calming the populace. It's the silence that is most maddening and incites the most rage. At least for me, as I can't speak for the rest of the STO gaming community.

P.S. Any behind-the-scenes arm twisting, begging, pleading or threatening you can do to get this priority #1 would be greatly appreciated. Trying desperately not to become a raging lunatic over this, don't know how much longer I can hold on. lol

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, what you are really saying is don't hold our breath on this being fixed with next week's patching? Just curious on how long this is really going to take to be resolved. I'm waiting on the "working as intended" comment to finally show it's ugly head like the kdf decloaking that is still happening pretty much everywhere after only 2.5 years.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xablis wrote: »
    So, what you are really saying is don't hold our breath on this being fixed with next week's patching? Just curious on how long this is really going to take to be resolved. I'm waiting on the "working as intended" comment to finally show it's ugly head like the kdf decloaking that is still happening pretty much everywhere after only 2.5 years.

I'm also very concerned about this. Even though my losses were relatively minor compared to what some left (maybe 50M EC or so), I want my stuff back.

I'm also concerned about the COMPLETE SILENCE that we've gotten regarding what will happen if the mail, once re-merged, goes over the new limits. For those of you with 500+ DOffs in the mail, you would do well asking about this as well; I won't be the only one who gets kicked in the face if this goes bad and we're told that is "working as intended."
    edited July 2013
    red01999 wrote: »
    I'm also very concerned about this. Even though my losses were relatively minor compared to what some left (maybe 50M EC or so), I want my stuff back.

I'm also concerned about the COMPLETE SILENCE that we've gotten regarding what will happen if the mail, once re-merged, goes over the new limits. For those of you with 500+ DOffs in the mail, you would do well asking about this as well; I won't be the only one who gets kicked in the face if this goes bad and we're told that is "working as intended."

Flyingtarg did answer the question in Post 114. I'm considering a screenshot in case the post disappears or changes tho. lol
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    For the fix we will be performing, the 100 item limit will not be an issue. Rest assured that all of your items will be returned and will be in your mailbox.

We shall see.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for letting us know
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still missing my mail. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arnthebard wrote: »
    HHAHHAHAHAHHAH>>>>Oh You're Killing me... 500 mill? 500 Billion might be enough to compensate. I had a jem bug ship a galor an 3 time ships lost in the mail. Furthermore my doffs including the purple systems engineer that spread Viral matrix and my Veteran Boffs are gone... simply gone...

Wow, then I'd say you should get more than 500M. ;) Personally, I don't ever leave really big ticket items in the mail like lockbox ships. Those I find room for on a toon's bank.

Still waiting for the mailman to come, Cryptic.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Flyingtarg did answer the question in Post 114. I'm considering a screenshot in case the post disappears or changes tho. lol

I never saw that post. Thank you very much!
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    still waiting Cryptic

and your report card has a big "not good enough, must try harder" on it atm and there's no way i'm just drifting off on this issue.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm expecting to get a canned apology saying they can't restore the items.
    edited July 2013
    red01999 wrote: »
    I never saw that post. Thank you very much!

No problem - was easy to miss in the thread.

But I think we need to keep this thread going to hopefully make sure this doesn't get dropped.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm stocking up on torches and pitchforks.
  • schizojrschizojr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keeping the thread alive...

Quick poll : Apart from the fact that there's a 100 item limit now in effect, will any of you guys ever trust the ingame mail again to store any item at all ?

I'm even seriously thinking of putting myself through a scheduled "taking down items on sale in exchange" every 7th day before they expire, just to not risk loosing anything in the mail or not having to deal with the "double email" issue (which i the lesser concern here...missing items is THE issue to solve right now). It shouldn't even take me much more time than picking things in the mail and reposting. Plus, it has the advantage of seeing at what price I had the unsold item. With the returning expired sales, you can never get back the price you had put up for it, unless you happen to remember.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Items i lost can be replaced. I want the actual MAILS back. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    schizojr wrote: »
    Keeping the thread alive...

Quick poll : Apart from the fact that there's a 100 item limit now in effect, will any of you guys ever trust the ingame mail again to store any item at all ?

I'm even seriously thinking of putting myself through a scheduled "taking down items on sale in exchange" every 7th day before they expire, just to not risk loosing anything in the mail or not having to deal with the "double email" issue (which i the lesser concern here...missing items is THE issue to solve right now). It shouldn't even take me much more time than picking things in the mail and reposting. Plus, it has the advantage of seeing at what price I had the unsold item. With the returning expired sales, you can never get back the price you had put up for it, unless you happen to remember.

Trust it for storage, NO WAY !
    I won't even trust it for messages without attachments.

...And I've already started doing the exchange item removals on a schedule BUT I've read of people loosing their ec's on sold items on the exchange so I suspect the mail and exchange are somehow linked, so I won't be using the exchange any longer either. The gear vendors are going to be very busy if I decide to ever log into this game again.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the bank your mortage was under suddenly showed up and said "Hey you've been a good payer, BUT we're forclosing...tough luck...oh and by the way we're keeping all the stuff thats in your house...". Someone would get hurt or at the very least a lawsuit.

Cryptic gave us no notice or warning and essentially forclosed on our mail accounts.
    Something this major should have been posted, with the bare minimum of a deadline.

When you had to transfer your Cryptic account to PWE they had big postings and even incentives. When they close your mail account they put a small thing about it on Twitter??

I don't tweet, im busy playing STO.

This is not right or just.:mad:
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ... BUT I've read of people loosing their ec's on sold items on the exchange ...

Wait! What?!?

Oh God - I already track all my exchange postings, when I posted them, what price I put them up for, & when/if they sold. ALL stuff that should be in an Exchange log anyway, like the dilithium log and the DOff assignment log.

I don't even know how I'd track if I got the EC. Never occurred to me to try, but what a nightmare. I can see knowing if you got, say, 70 mil for a lock box item, but all the "little" stuff added in with the DOff mission rewards. This game already feels like a job having to do all the accounting. I'd have to go through and record what each toon's EC balance, check all the mails and make sure I got paid for those, then accept DOff missions and make sure they added in, ...ad nauseam. TRIBBLE that.

As far as trusting the mail goes - no way! But I don't trust ANY storage, or anything else in this game now. It's so obvious they didn't do a backup since they can only retrieve the items. No backup = no restore. If something happens, regardless if it were planned or accidental, the data's gone.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• padr1nhopadr1nho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Hey guys, we have an update on this issue for you.

We're still conducting our investigation, but the mailed items that players are reporting are missing still exist in the database, and we will work to get them back in your mail as soon as possible.

This patch introduced an update of our player-to-player mail to a new mail system. As a part of this update, all player-to-player mail had to be transferred over to this system. For most players, this transfer worked as expected, and they should see no change in their mail.

However, for players with a very, very large amount of items in player-to-player mail, this migration failed due to unforeseen technicalities, causing the mail (But not the items in the mail, as they are stored separately from the mail) to be lost. Because the items still exist, we will be able to have them mailed to you, and we'll work to make sure that these items are returned to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause in the meantime.

Been about 2 weeks since this post, any update on the progress of getting our items back thru the mail system?
  • bigdamnheroes69bigdamnheroes69 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bran mentioned we might get our items back after this week's maintenance.. so, I guess we'll see come Thursday.
  • padr1nhopadr1nho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bran mentioned we might get our items back after this week's maintenance.. so, I guess we'll see come Thursday.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
  • arzubazman0arzubazman0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi!

I think that noone will ever see the missing emails again. Someone asked here why they don't make any official statements or why they don't post any updates about this problem. That is exactly the way of a strategy how to keep users quiet, when the whole restoration fail. You know how it goes, 2'000 users who ask for their missing emails against the rest, playing users which continue to play and don't ask for it. A minimal information flow, because they know yet, that they will never restore these emails. It is too much work to keep the new emails and try to integrate some old stuff in it. The best way is to say nothing in the first weeks, in four weeks noone will make a big thing out of it, who cares about some users and their missing emails. I even think there is a possibility that these millions of emails had a bad effect on the server speed and these emails were deleted to reduce some lag problems. What has the higher priority? Some idiots which ask for the lost emails in only one forum thread?

bye
    Miss Arzu Bazman
    http://bazmandev.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some idiots which ask for the lost emails in only one forum thread?

You clearly haven't read the thread, since there have been multiple official statements and updates.

I wouldn't be calling other people idiots in your shoes.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let me take this opportunity to remind all readers of some previous events.

On 1 December 2011, Cryptic introduced dilithium to this game. In the process they removed all old emblems, marks, merits and honors and converted those to dilithium. However, they refused to release the conversion rate until after the conversion had already been carried out. Personally I lost 60% of the currency value due to this.

On 13 November 2012, Cryptic introduced Omega Marks to this game. In the process they removed all old STF currencies and converted those to dilithium, Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors. Once again they refused to reveal the conversion rate. This time I was prepared though and converted everything I had collected to dilithium. This was a good decision since it later turned out that I would've lost 90% of the currency value had I not converted the items myself. I know many people in this game who wasn't this lucky though.

On 21 May 2013, Cryptic enforced a limit to the number of attachments customers can store in their mail and they did so without telling their customers in advance. A month later and without any warning, they simply deleted all mail with attachments and we still have to see if they will ever be returned. If they aren't returned, this "conversion" will mean a 100% value loss.

I see a pattern here.

The audacity of it all is that a certain developer called a large number of customers thieves on a podcast some time ago. It happened to be the same developer that later also made fun of the bottom part of my signature on his Twitter page. I hope that the history lesson above explains my signature and hopefully makes more customers understand what kind of service provider we're dealing with here.
  • arzubazman0arzubazman0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    You clearly haven't read the thread, since there have been multiple official statements and updates.

I wouldn't be calling other people idiots in your shoes.

Hi!

I am not sure if you understand that I count me to this group of idiots too and I want say that our protest is visible in one forum thread only. A very small group to change something on it. I doubt that they want restore the emails or all the items we lost. Someone who really understand that we lost really lot of things would do that in another way, I mean there were more information and updates about it. If the people protest only a lil bit like here and wait, that will change nothing. They think we are okay with the situation, in 2 or 3 weeks. One forum thread, what is that? - nothing. We are not loud enough.

bye
    Miss Arzu Bazman
    http://bazmandev.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chuxx500chuxx500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I once pooled all of my best beam arrays and consoles onto one character and transferred him to Tribble.

I did this to test out an Odyssey and try out my best available setup I could muster at that time.

I absolutely loved the Tactical Odyssey with saucer seperation and decided I would buy the 3 pack when the next ship sale happened.

When this most recent ship sale was announced I immediately thought, now I get my Odyssey!

I also thought about other ships on my wish list that I may pursue during this sale.

I wrestled with different combinations of purchases and the total kept creeping up.

Finally today I had made the decisions on which ships were in and which would have to wait.

Then I thought about that setup I had on tribble and of course I had stored those items in my mail and remembered they had been lost with the MAIL FAIL by Cryptic.

I searched for this thread and saw that indeed NOTHING had been done to fix this in all this time.

Now whether it is incompetance, disinterest or deceit I have still lost many items, personal communications and perhaps even purchases thanks to this debacle.

What has Cryptic lost you ask, my trust, my enthusiasm and more importantly to them, my $125 I WAS going to spend on new ships today.

Makes one wonder how many other paying customers are boycotting paying one more cent to this company until this is corrected.

When and if this mess is ever cleaned up, my money may be here or it may have been spent on a different game and never to return.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    h stuff back but i dont think we will :-(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really don't think they can restore the mail. I'm still betting on Cryptic figuring they can ride out the outrage-storm and then quietly move on to TRIBBLE up something else w/o giving anyone any notice.

Someone here will get a bit too heated and Cryptic will lock the thread and pretend there was never a problem in the first place.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • schizojrschizojr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Where did you get this information from ? Was it posted in another thread ? Bran could've written about it here himself ? Any news about this ?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    schizojr wrote: »
    Where did you get this information from ? Was it posted in another thread ? Bran could've written about it here himself ? Any news about this ?
    He did. Post #390 where he referenced this:
    Re: missing items from mail--

The team is still working getting the items back to you, but it won't be today. Hopefully with the next weekly maintenance, but that could change...
    This was posted July 2, meaning that "hopefully" the mail fix and item return will occur this week, probably Thursday, July 11.

While I don't have the venomous angst so many others in this thread have towards Cryptic, I do think the Non-Release-Note stealth changes to the Mail System, and the resulting breakage of said system, to be Full of Fail.

Cryptic, please do expedite this fix. Make It Happen, this week. I would like my stuff back.

Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • voyager10759voyager10759 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    all of my pre lor mail is gone I have mail from 7-6-13 but all else is gone please return
This discussion has been closed.