test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A stronger Defense really bugged

ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Anyone else having your shuttle gets hung up everywhere in open space? Seems to be graphics glitches or somethign but your flying along after an enemy and boom you come to a halt because you are stuck against an invisable wall.

Can't count teh number of times i've died because I couldn't move..
Post edited by ixandel on

Comments

• Options
    kallan#4113 kallan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue, the shuttle get frozen in mid air and can't be moved. I attempted twice and it happened each time.
  • Options
    sinestro1417sinestro1417 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I am having the same issue. The shuttle just hangs in mid air and cannot move.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have that, I was doing fine and finished off the third wave and bam...I can't move.

I just tried a hunch, it might have to do with elevation, I aimed towards the ground and I moved lower than was free to move around.
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I have that, I was doing fine and finished off the third wave and bam...I can't move.

I just tried a hunch, it might have to do with elevation, I aimed towards the ground and I moved lower than was free to move around.

thats worked but my squad is hund I got no commands and enemy ships are shooting me from off the map
  • Options
    guardianofpeaceguardianofpeace Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the problem too. Please fix it!
  • Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you go to high in the map you hit the ceiling, which is the reason you get stuck, just aim down and it should wiggle free
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    nykneronyknero Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The npc squadron that is supposed to help the player is horribly bugged. As soon as the mission launches, I ask them follow me. They head my way, then disappear. When I give orders to attack my target, nothing happens.
  • Options
    nykneronyknero Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    okay... so to avoid your wingmen from vanishing, just don't give them any orders - they'll respawn after they die (and they WILL die). You'll probably die a few times too, just play it conservatively. I stayed stealthed at the start of the encounters and let my respawning wingmen take the brunt of the fight.

It's done now.
  • Options
    mersemerse Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How are you supposed to do this mission? Whenever you spawn in, EVERY Elachi ship starts to fire upon you instantly. You can't even pick up a target, you're already dead. If you respawn, you're in the middle of the battle, Elachis gang on you again, you died again before firing a shot.
  • Options
    bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had the same problem when I played it. Seems like if you move your shuttle down it will eventually let you move. So its possible to get moving again but you have to keep trying to turn the shuttle. Try going in reverse and see if that helps.
  • Options
    bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    merse wrote: »
    How are you supposed to do this mission? Whenever you spawn in, EVERY Elachi ship starts to fire upon you instantly. You can't even pick up a target, you're already dead. If you respawn, you're in the middle of the battle, Elachis gang on you again, you died again before firing a shot.
    Make sure to upgrade your shuttles shields before the mission. Also make sure any bridge officers you can bring along have shield heals.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had that happening all of the time when I did the mission. I really have no idea how I was able to finish it, the shuttle just kept comming to a full stop every few seconds.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ellandhorellandhor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same problem here. Not to mention this mission needs fixings. For a small shuttle and without a bridge officer to give a shield boost here and there, this mission can get annoying, fast.

Especially when attacking a walker, which means that every shuttle in the vicinity starts targeting you. I don't know if it's my engineer, but most of the times I just can't see my shuttle! All I see is one really long line of red numbers and no matter what I do, it's a no win situation.

I tried cloaking to get away (brace for impact, evasive maneuvers and battle cloak) to get out and refill (even at defensive stance), but the moment I decloak, every ship in the area INSTANTLY attacks! I mean every ship on the map!

When they fix this (I hope so), please do consider altering the captain's abilities also. It's another thing to have a 2m cooldown when fighting in massive ships where there's time to maneuver and plan and another thing when fighting in a small fragile shuttle when fighting 20+ ships attacking one and only target, you! Allow a bridge officer (with one ability) or two or please reduce some extremely long cooldowns.

Combine that with the shuttle getting stuck as it pleases and it's pretty much a death warrant!