test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A quick question on off-duty outfits

javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
Where and how do you change into off-duty outfits after you purchase them? Do you have to visit a tailor to do this? Just wondering.
His methods have become unsound.
Post edited by javaman1969 on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes.

• grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to visit a tailor to create them, but to wear them you just change like your uniforms. Right click on the picture of you by your health bar, select change costume/outfit/whatever it calls it and select it, no matter where you are.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    You have to visit a tailor to create them, but to wear them you just change like your uniforms. Right click on the picture of you by your health bar, select change costume/outfit/whatever it calls it and select it, no matter where you are.

O.K. this was unexpected. I did just that and it told me that I don't have an off duty outfit. I could have sworn that I created one. I was thinking of changing it anyway, so I went down to the tailor to check, and I don't have an off duty slot at the tailor either. Is this a tailor bug?
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you purchased any extra clothes slots? If so, try using one of them. If not, I think you have to join a fleet to unlock the off duty tab.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remember, the very first costume can only be used for a uniform. It has no other slot type options.
    edited June 2013
    When I started there were 3 costume slots at the old pre-LOR tailor shop
    1) Uniform
    2) Off duty
    3) fleet uniform (unavailable until I join a fleet)

I picked out a uniform and an off duty costume. I didn't like the off-duty costume at all, the options were limited, but I've been too busy on missions to pay any attention to the off-duty costume. Now, of course I'm interested in picking out something Risa appropriate. That's when I discovered that now I only have my uniform slot and the unused fleet uniform slot. The off duty costume and costume slot are both gone and I don't know where they went. The Tailor Dialog box says "2 Additional outfits" in the bottom left corner, but It's not clear how to access those.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The '2 additional outfits' means you can make 2 brand new outfits.

The button to switch between Uniform and Off-Duty outfit type is under the Head category. Yes, it makes little sense, but that's where it is.

If the button is grayed out, it was mentioned somewhere by a dev (or patch note) that you should purchase the outfit and edit it again - then the button will work.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    The '2 additional outfits' means you can make 2 brand new outfits.

The button to switch between Uniform and Off-Duty outfit type is under the Head category. Yes, it makes little sense, but that's where it is.

If the button is grayed out, it was mentioned somewhere by a dev (or patch note) that you should purchase the outfit and edit it again - then the button will work.

OK That's the problem the button is greyed out.
  • cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, greyed Button....ME TOO. can't create anything.
  • aetherscapistaetherscapist Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cdpbs wrote: »
    Yeah, greyed Button....ME TOO. can't create anything.

Happened to me too; it's a bug. Just create and save a costume, and then modify it, and the drop down should be no longer grayed out. If you're in a fleet, you may need to go to the 'head' tab to make it appear at all, though.