test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments, thoughts, & suggestion for Romulan Faction

wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Comments

1) When I visited my warbird bridge, I noticed Star fleet personal on the bridge....I'm allied with KDF, ...so can this be fixed?

2) The Romulan duty officer system is bugged, at least for my captain. I cannot turn in common duty officers (or any quality for that matter) form the Romulan Survivor pack, for the "reassign under preforming officers" assignment, in the command center, on New Romulus.

3) Related, I cannot turn in duty officers of the allied faction species, in the "reassign under preforming officers" assignment. Granted, it does say that they have to be Romulan (which seems odd if they are allies), however with this issue, and the above mentioned, it is almost impossible currently to muster up 5 officers of the common level to trade in, even though I have 400 officers in the roster, and at least half of those being common quality.

Thoughts/Suggestions

4) Would it be possible to have a Romulan melee weapon created? I would suggested the "honour blade" which is referenced so often in Star Trek literature.

5) Down the line, could there be a Romulan emote package?

5) Could we get "rescued" Romulan non-combat (although combat would be ideal:)) pets from the Romulan home world.
Post edited by wayofdera on

Comments

• varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1) Spies! Spies!

2) My guess is that's deliberate. Not a bug.

I tried it too, just to see, and wasn't surprised I couldn't. Because if I could then I could endlessly upgrade turn in those doffs for upgrades and instantly reclaim them. It would be a huge rort.

3) I haven't tried it recently but I did try that too and was able to do it. Maybe they've changed it and I should have done it more while I could. Though I mostly use the federation doffs as fleet fodder anyway.
    edited July 2013
    On 3, I just tried it and it works but only with civilian DOs. I just traded a bunch of white fed civilian DOs for a green Romulan.

It was bugged when I first tried it and would accept anything but fed civilian DOs. I bugrepped that and they fixed it but seem to have reversed the problem.

Nice trick...
  • alex180505alex180505 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    personal mission "small package" not working because I can not progress it, can you help me?
    I'm playing with Romulans, I am already at level 32.

the game is very good already talked a lot about it to many friends and fans of star trek. Guys I'm sorry I'm using google translator because I am pessimo with English, at least launch a Spanish version.

I'm waiting for the version Portuguese (BR).

kkkkk... portugues ja. the revolt of the translation already (kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk)
    edited July 2013
    People have reported various problems with this mission. Personally I found I couldn't complete it in a Scorpion. Ship kept freezing in mid-air. The Tiercel was better. That only froze a few times.

Some have reported problems with picking up the shuttle and that doing a full file verification when launching the client fixes it.

Beyond that I can't offer any suggestions especially since you've provided no details about the problem.

File a bug report with full details of the problem.
  • marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The DOFF console in the Romulan Command Center is more restrictive about which officers you can turn in, but the officers I got there were Romulan. The fleet DOFF contact will take any DOFFs not locked to my character, but I get standard Federation officers. It seems to be intentional to me and not a bug. Could use something explaining it though.
    edited July 2013
    Curiouser and curiouser.

That's not what happens for me. I tried it again a few days ago before my second reply to in this thread. I get Romulan doffs from that console but for Federation doffs it will only take civilians as input.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can turn in your Fed DOffs at Starfleet Academy. I assume KDF DOffs can be turned in at the Klingon Academy, but have never tried.

Also: Romulan Civilian DOffs can be traded in at Starfleet Academy, but others cannot.

The Duty Officer Pack DOffs that come from the level achievement are locked and can't be traded. However, this is standard for all factions, not just Romulan. The DOffs you get from the Command Center are not locked until you assign them to one of the ten DOff slots for Space and Ground.