test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hromi Cluster is a royal PITA to enter

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Controls and User Interface
Certain areas in the Sector Maps require you to find a precise location around (or even in) the graphic representation of a nebula or planet before you get the 'Enter X Area' prompt, rather than just approaching within 1LY of said heavenly body. I spend more time trying to find the right spot to enter the Hromi Cluster than I do in any one assignment related to it (Diplomatic Investigation, Exploration, etc).
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It used to be fixed for a bit, but now it's re-broke, so you have to be in the exact right spot. It's a royal PITA, and I hope they re-fix it.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    I have never been in it on any of my 7 characters. Tried on my first and never accepted a mission to it since then.Seems like wasted employee time creating content nobody can use.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's like a 1x1 pixel area. And it's not just where the distance is zero. You have to jig around a bit to get it.

The "detection box" is just too small, it needs to be several times that size.

I expect it will be fixed sometime after the Orion contraband mission in Paradise City.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had the same issue at the Hromi cluster plus Arcunis arm. Had a laughing fit trying to get my old D'Deridex into these places. Half of the time I end up warping to the next sector, maybe it's due to the clusters being so close to the borders that the active spot is smaller. If so can the devs move them a little and make the active spot larger?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!