test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No color choice for Risian birds? Pls create exchange option.

postal639postal639 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Why are we not given a choice for color/breed of Risian birds we hatch? There is a similar system available for Epohhs that allows us to choose which color we want. The eggs require either a fair amount of time hoping for a random find or quite a few favors if you want to buy one. Then you might not even get the one you wanted. And after hatching several more eggs you still might not get the one you wanted. What purpose does this serve? If eggs cost zen like doff packs I might understand. But this makes no sense to me.

I think it would be fairly easy to create an exchange system for colors. I hope to see this instituted soon.

Yes, I know this isn't technically how raising birds work. But there is also a tribble that makes your floater fly faster so I think we can give that technical point a pass. :)

Also, if we need an exchange and a bank at a location then we also need a mailbox.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer event.
Post edited by postal639 on

Comments

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While normal Epohhs on New Romulus give you the choice, the Winter Epohhs were also random like these parrots.

Except Winter Epohhs were easier to get and could be exchanged for twice as much marks!
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    While normal Epohhs on New Romulus give you the choice, the Winter Epohhs were also random like these parrots.

Except Winter Epohhs were easier to get and could be exchanged for twice as much marks!

Cryptic duplicated the Winter epohh raising and turned them into birds.

You randomly get an epohh/bird from the egg hatching missions and then you raise that bird/epohh up it's specific category.
    edited July 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    Umm, no, you're wrong...Cryptic duplicated the Winter epohh raising and turned them into birds.

You randomly get an epohh/bird from the egg hatching missions and then you raise that bird/epohh up it's specific category.

Reread my post, that's what I'm saying: Risian parrots are random like the Winter Epohhs, UNLIKE New Romulus pohhs.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Reread my post, that's what I'm saying: Risian parrots are random like the Winter Epohhs, UNLIKE New Romulus pohhs.

But you do get the same amount of marks as the Winter epohhs were worth. 100-200-400.
  • mayyhemmmayyhemm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen any 200 or 400 marks packages...
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It seems that they're making temporary events give random pets and permanent events give choices for pets. (This is based on a sample size of three events.....)
    edited July 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    But you do get the same amount of marks as the Winter epohhs were worth. 100-200-400.

No, 60 marks for Senior, 120 for Tufted (critted) Senior parrot. Nowhere near 100/200 marks for Winter Epohhs.