test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we have a Transfer Flag ability?

hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So what's that? Simply the ability to switch ships in sector space, so without having to go to a shipyard. (It seems a bit odd, that Starfleet would have perfectly good ships sitting in drydocks collecting spacedust, cause they have only one captain between them.)

The way I see this would work is, if you right-click your portrait, where on the ground there would be the Change Costume option, in sector space, we'd have the Transfer Flag option. Clicking this pops up a screen much like the costume one, only this one lists all of your ships; Name, Registry and Class.

Then when you've clicked one, that ship will warp into sector space beside you, there'd a transporter effect, your camera jumps to the newly summoned ship, and the ship you were just on warps out. All done. If people want to move gear from one ship to the other, they'll still need to use a shipyard I feel (or just unequip the items before making the switch), but that's still pretty convenient.

And it'll look cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reave
Post edited by hrisvalar on

Comments

• n20000nickn20000nick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be usefull but there already is a sort of way of doing this. In your ship you can select your active ship at the transporter. So when I want to switch ship while I'm in outer space, I visit my runabout's bridge so I don't have to walk all the way trough my starship to get to transporter and select the ship I wanna use. I beam out and I'm in the ship I selected.

But for some reason I can't select all of my ships at the transporter, the only ships in the list are my current ship, my small craft and the ship used previously.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    n20000nick wrote: »
    It would be usefull but there already is a sort of way of doing this. In your ship you can select your active ship at the transporter. So when I want to switch ship while I'm in outer space, I visit my runabout's bridge so I don't have to walk all the way trough my starship to get to transporter and select the ship I wanna use. I beam out and I'm in the ship I selected.

But for some reason I can't select all of my ships at the transporter, the only ships in the list are my current ship, my small craft and the ship used previously.

That's working as intended. The only ships from which you can select any small craft AND any main ships are the Civilian ships: Tuffli and Cell ship (the Cell ship is currently bugged, but it should offer this same capability as the Tuffli).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kinda, sorta, maybe, though not quite. You forgot the most important part, though:
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    And it'll look cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave