test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ships I'd like to see in STO.

quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I was just checking out the latest updates on Ex Astris Scientia (recommended for any Trekkie) and thought Husnock ships would be a great addition to STO. The species is now extinct, so what happened to all their ships? Gotta be floating around out there somewhere for some lucky Captains to stumble across. I'd like to get my hands on one. Maybe for the Winter Festival?

Also, I know it's an older design, but if STO can go retro with Connies and Mirandas, maybe you could think about adding an updated Constellation class, perhaps with the other four nacell heavies.

I was really happy when the Ambassador class was added. Thank you for that.

What ships might others want to see added to STO?
Post edited by quentonwolf on

Comments

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We have a Constellation class, though.
  • quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do we? I must have missed it. Hmm.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no we dont have that ship.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do we? I must have missed it. Hmm.

No, we don't.

And it's conspicuous by it's absence.

Anyway, my class want list:

Springfield

Challenger

Freedom

Niagara

Sydney

New Orleans

Constellation

Curry-Type
  • tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish they would keep the Husnock style ships in the lockboxes. That is one aspect I think I can agree with the lockbox strategy on, is that they are supposed to be very random(though they kind of aren't if your willing to spend anything to get the ship) and noone in the galaxy should hardly have one. Unfortunately I think they ruined it even more with the borg adapted ships after LoR released, because it seems in game that everyone and their uncle has one, though I rarely ever see D'kora's, Galor's, Jem'Hadar Attack Ships etc.

Although on a side note, I do wish that they would enhance the playable race's ship choices a little more. I like that KDF can fly Orion, Nausicaan, and Gorn ships, though I wish they could get those respective ships for free if they were that alien species, and have to pay cstore for the KDF ships, but I wish that my Ferengi, Trill, Betazoid, Etc characters could fly their own ships instead of just Vulcan and now Andorians which I don't play. I also have already posted along these lines requesting story missions for each individual race leading up to you joining the FED/KDF/ROM factions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Norway and Achilles classes please!
    Cehus.png
  • xinlolnixxinlolnix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    Norway and Achilles classes please!

The Norway (ugly though it is) is indeed in the game, a subclass of the Akira I believe. I know I saw it somewhere, and groaned, hoping it would have stayed in Starfleet Command III :P

I'd like to see either SFC's or Legacy's Akula class in the game. Both were beautiful designs, and with the constitution and miranda in the game, as you said, it wouldn't be implausible for them to appear either. Even if the designs were updated with newer materials and more modern nacelles, they'd still be a good addition.
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For the Federation:

-T5 Miranda (because why not?)
    -Tellarite ships (since, IIRC, they featured in Enterprise)
    -Bajoran fighters

For the KDF:
    -More Orion/Gorn ships!

Romulans:
    -Hirogen ships (possibly with Hirogen unlocked as BOFFS/toons)

Universal ships:
    -Son'a battlecruiser and solar sailer
    -The Cardassian solar sailer from that one episode of DS9
    -The Fesarius (TOS) Yes I know it looks silly, but I rather like it
    -Tamarian battlecruiser
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Raven class [M:A] though it'd probably have to be a fairly low tier science vessel, or a shuttle. At least it should be easy enough to model. Console or Mk oo gear: (Some variation of) Multi-adaptive shielding [M:A] was a deflector shield stealth technology developed by Erin and Magnus Hansen in 2353, for use in keeping their vessel, the USS Raven, virtually invisible to Borg sensors during their field study of the Collective.

And definately the Constellation. Always liked that one. It had some of the class of the old style ships, without the weak spindly look, less of a cruiseship interior than the newer ships, and last but not least of all, a big honking turret-mounted spacegun on the bottom of the saucer.

Which reminds me, Saladin. Phaserlance at Tier 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was just checking out the latest updates on Ex Astris Scientia (recommended for any Trekkie) and thought Husnock ships would be a great addition to STO. The species is now extinct, so what happened to all their ships?

I remember when the Husnock ship was in Decipher's old ST:TNG Customizable Card Game - a surprisingly OP ship to begin with (it was an uncommon card, yet its attributes were higher even than most rares), and carrying the Kurlan Naiskos artifact would turn it into a f'n BEAST. :cool: