test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Store Logs

blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
Its about time we have logs added to track Fleet Store purchases.
download.jpg
Post edited by blakes7tvseries on

Comments

• kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /signed plus one
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ehh, why would we need this?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ehh, why would we need this?

So we the fleet-leaders know who does what, and if some1 is abusing our trust.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So we the fleet-leaders know who does what, and if some1 is abusing our trust.

Waste of time to implement. The fleet leaders should be able to keep track of their members without this.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited July 2013
    and if some1 is abusing our trust.

How? (10chars)
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you don't trust your fleet members with free access to fleet provisions then you should remove the privilege from most of your fleet ranks so that you can better control it.

You limit provision access privileges to a certain rank and promote/demote as necessary to provide monitored access to those provisions.

The only thing a log would provide is information about who took all of your provisions. It won't bring the provisions back. It won't serve as some sort of proof to the GMs that someone "stole" from your provisions. And it most definitely won't stop someone from freely taking the provisions when you gave them free access to the provisions.

Learn to control and manage your assets by using the tools available to you. You'll sleep better knowing that your fleet is safe from provisioning thefts. ;)
    edited July 2013
    How does one steal provisions?

They don't all belong to the fleet leader or something, all members contribute to providing provisions.

I wouldn't want to be in a fleet with some vain fleet leader who believes ''only I decide who gets to use MY provisions.''
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here is one case of abuse we found.

We had an officer promote several of his friends to a rank that allowed Store Acess.

We saw that the fleet store was short 35 ENG/Weapons.

There is no way to track who promoted who and who bought what.

However we did look on the GATEWAY where you can see gear equiped on players ships.

So we managed to find out who did all the buying from the Fleet Store.

What a hassle if we had logs then it would help keep people honest.

If you manage a big fleet then you will know the need for logs is there.
    download.jpg
    edited July 2013

Don't have a big fleet then.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited July 2013
    Here is one case of abuse we found.

We had an officer promote several of his friends to a rank that allowed Store Acess.

We saw that the fleet store was short 35 ENG/Weapons.

There is no way to track who promoted who and who bought what.

However we did look on the GATEWAY where you can see gear equiped on players ships.

So we managed to find out who did all the buying from the Fleet Store.

What a hassle if we had logs then it would help keep people honest.

Logs won't fix fleet management issues. Logs don't keep people honest. The only thing logs would do in our fleet environment is provide confirmation that the trust bestowed on another player was misplaced. :)
  • strataguardstrataguard Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really shouldn't be an issue to implement, the general coding is pretty much there what with logs for fleet bank access.

What's more, I really can't see why people are having such issues with this overall. Bad stuff happens, and this would be an easy way to figure out who did what, and how things overall transpired.

While I hate this idea in real life, as it borders on "If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear" which is utter bs in my opinion, this is a game, the code is mostly already there, and it would help keep track of larger fleets.
  • insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Don't have a big fleet then.

Then what would be worth taking, if its so small you're on tier 2 or something?

How many small tier 5 fleets are there?
    edited July 2013
    While I hate this idea in real life, as it borders on "If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear" which is utter bs in my opinion

And somehow, this doesn't apply in an online game?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    edited July 2013
    What's more, I really can't see why people are having such issues with this overall. Bad stuff happens, and this would be an easy way to figure out who did what, and how things overall transpired.

I don't have a real problem with logs. I'm a server admin and use them for the tool they are to provide me information almost daily.

But I keep seeing players asking for game coding changes to be used as a crutch or to fix "player" issues and that bothers me.

I know that logs won't help a fleet run better or stop fleeties from promoting their buds and pals or absconding with provisions. Only better fleet management policies and procedures will help with those issues.

But, yeah, logs could help pin-point the management problems. :(
    edited July 2013
    Then what would be worth taking, if its so small you're on tier 2 or something?

How many small tier 5 fleets are there?

Hey, as long as the big fleets are telling the small fleets "just add more people if you want holdings," I think it's fair for the small fleets to tell the big fleets "just have less people if you want to know what everyone is doing."