test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please update the Tal Shiar Uniform

odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Romulan Discussion
I was so happy when I saw the mission that gave the Tal Shiar Uniform as a reward. To be honest, the Tal Shiar have much better uniforms than the ones the Romulan Republic has. And they are certainly better than the Federation/Romulan uniform (I'm starting to envy the Klingons).

However, the Tal Shiar Uniform only included the pieces that you see the Uhlans wearing. I expected the uniform to update when you rank up, but it doesn't. In addition, it appears that the chest piece is exclusive to males, and the belt is exclusive to females, when you can clearly see Tal Shiar agents in the game wearing both at once. This might be a bug, however. The uniform is also missing the leg rings you see on almost all Tal Shiar agents, the ones that are the same texture and design as the belt and chest gear.

Ultimately, I would like the uniform to update as you rank up. For instance, I just crossed into the Centurion rank, so I should have unlocked the gauntlets that you see the Tal Shiar Centurions wearing. As you go on, you should unlock the long boots that you see on higher ranked Romulans, shoulder pads and capes like Hakeev's, and the sash you see some Romulan Captains wearing.

The final product, the uniform you should have at level 50, should look somewhat like Hakeev's or Sela's uniform, that of a Romulan Admiral.
Post edited by odstparker#7820 on

Comments

• sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely agreed. At the absolute bare minimum, they need to remove the stupid gender limitations on the belt and chestpiece, there's no obvious reason why they should be locked to one gender or the other.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just where is this uniform? I received it as a mission reward, but don't see it at the tailors. Do I need to purchase it somewhere? Was the reward just an unlock? Does it matter I'm allied with the Federation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Talshiar uniform is a mission "reward" that is a tailor unlock. It shouldn't appear in your inventory. Technically it's an item that goes into your inventory, but it "uses" itself afterwards. If you have your inventory open when you get the item you might see if for a moment before it disappears. Of course if it's laggy.... You might get to look at it for a while.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    I was so happy when I saw the mission that gave the Tal Shiar Uniform as a reward. To be honest, the Tal Shiar have much better uniforms than the ones the Romulan Republic has. And they are certainly better than the Federation/Romulan uniform (I'm starting to envy the Klingons)

However, the Tal Shiar Uniform only included the pieces that you see the Uhlans wearing. I expected the uniform to update when you rank up, but it doesn't. In addition, it appears that the chest piece is exclusive to males, and the belt is exclusive to females, when you can clearly see Tal Shiar agents in the game wearing both at once. This might be a bug, however. The uniform is also missing the leg rings you see on almost all Tal Shiar agents, the ones that are the same texture and design as the belt and chest gear.

Ultimately, I would like the uniform to update as you rank up. For instance, I just crossed into the Centurion rank, so I should have unlocked the gauntlets that you see the Tal Shiar Centurions wearing. As you go on, you should unlock the long boots that you see on higher ranked Romulans, shoulder pads and capes like Hakeev's, and the sash you see some Romulan Captains wearing.

The final product, the uniform you should have at level 50, should look somewhat like Hakeev's or Sela's uniform, that of a Romulan Admiral.

Go to the tailor and choose the appropriate rank under dual shoulderpads. You'll get the shoulderpads (and cape, once you hit Commander and up).
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    Go to the tailor and choose the appropriate rank under dual shoulderpads. You'll get the shoulderpads (and cape, once you hit Commander and up).

He's not talking about THOSE shoulderpads and capes. He means what Hakeev, Sela, and other high-ranking Romulans are wearing 24/7. (Despite Edna's advice... :rolleyes:)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed +1.

Especially want the "Raptor Chestpiece" that the males where, available on my female, and the female belt available on my males.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, also would like to see that the mirror universe Romulans wear, just curious to see it it's anything like the Tal Shiar wear in this universe lol
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would have thought we would be limited to whatever rank the storyline dictated, we have credentials to a level, but seeing a captain (whatever the captain level of romulan ranks is) with the security level of an ensign would look a bit fishy :p

buuuut then again, the creators of sto aren't exactly picky *cough mirror uniforms and temporal ships*
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have noticed that the Lobi store Romulan borg I got for my fed character doesn't get any republic uniforms or have access to the Tal Shiar uniform. It would be nice if non-Romulan characters had those unlocked for their Romulan birdge officers (the lobi store and embasy ones) as is, we have no way of running the mission and potentially unlocking them.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have noticed that the Lobi store Romulan borg I got for my fed character doesn't get any republic uniforms or have access to the Tal Shiar uniform...
    Are you sure it was your Lobi Sci Borg? Because I got one and she has full access to the same Romy (Republic and Tal Shiar) clothes as my Fed Romy Captain.

Note that my Legacy Pack Tac Borg Reman also has full access to Romulan (and Reman) clothes.

Now my Amazon Engineer Lib Borg, who's with the same Captain, can only wear Fed Clothes (and that's really annoying).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    He's not talking about THOSE shoulderpads and capes. He means what Hakeev, Sela, and other high-ranking Romulans are wearing 24/7. (Despite Edna's advice... :rolleyes:)

NO CAPES!

I refuse to use those things. I mean, what if it snags on a singularity core? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you sure it was your Lobi Sci Borg? Because I got one and she has full access to the same Romy (Republic and Tal Shiar) clothes as my Fed Romy Captain.

Note that my Legacy Pack Tac Borg Reman also has full access to Romulan (and Reman) clothes.

Now my Amazon Engineer Lib Borg, who's with the same Captain, can only wear Fed Clothes (and that's really annoying).
    Ah, I meant that my Lobi borg that I bought for my fed captain, not my fed romulan captain. Even though the preset options for the various Romulan Republic uniforms appear (including the Romulan Federation-alliance uniforms) they cannot be used at all, defaulting to Romulan civilian clothes if selected, and their parts do not appear in the editor. Likewise, there appears to be no way to unlock the Tal Shiar uniform for my Liberated borg Romulan for non-romulan captains.

The end result is that the Lobi Romulan has about a quarter or so of the clothing options that it would have if a Romulan aquired her.

Didn't know about the Zen store borg's inability to wear republic clothing though. I guess you can't win either way, huh? No matter what, you can't have both the zen and lobi borg in the same uniform.
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too would like to see more of the romulan military/tal shiar uniforms made available to players.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad this is getting some attention, and thanks to everyone who has given feedback.

I don't care as much about uniforms as other parts of the game, of course, but if we're going to be playing a badass Captain, we should be able to make a uniform that is equally badass.

I've noticed a few more things after trying to get a good uniform/color combination with the Republic, Federation, and Tal Shiar uniforms. For starters, most of the uniform pieces have different color choices. The Republic uniforms have colors that you'd see on a Romulan (red, purple, blue, green, black, etc.), but they are different than other pieces, like the Fed and Tal Shiar, so it is difficult to match them up without parts of your uniform sticking out.

Also, there seems to be an issue with lighting on a few pieces. The strongest one would have to be the Federation tight pants (can we get some non-tight lower uniforms, please?) with the silver armor parts. They are way too shiny compared to the upper uniforms, and look horrid when used with any other jacket. I know the metal armor bits are supposed to be shiny, but the rest of the material shouldn't be.

Another faulty piece is the Federation pair of gloves. Are they supposed to be chain mail or something? They look like they match the pattern of the shiny federation tight pants, at least the armor part, but they don't seem to match the upper uniform either.
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole uniform thing is messed up. As a Romulan allied with the KDF I can't purchase any of the lobi,Fleet,special KDF uniforms for my KDF Boff's. They also can't wear any of the RR uniforms. The whole system needs to be looked at and fixed. My Boff's should be allowed to wear any KDF uniform or any RR uniform.

There also needs to be either a special Rep uniform or Romulans need to be allowed to wear the MACO or Omega sets.

Also the wrist sets for the Romulan KDF uniform suck. Why is it that the KDF specifically uses the wrist for its transporters yet the Feds are the ones with the wrist technology looking set?
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    I'm glad this is getting some attention, and thanks to everyone who has given feedback.

I don't care as much about uniforms as other parts of the game, of course, but if we're going to be playing a badass Captain, we should be able to make a uniform that is equally badass.

I've noticed a few more things after trying to get a good uniform/color combination with the Republic, Federation, and Tal Shiar uniforms. For starters, most of the uniform pieces have different color choices. The Republic uniforms have colors that you'd see on a Romulan (red, purple, blue, green, black, etc.), but they are different than other pieces, like the Fed and Tal Shiar, so it is difficult to match them up without parts of your uniform sticking out.

Also, there seems to be an issue with lighting on a few pieces. The strongest one would have to be the Federation tight pants (can we get some non-tight lower uniforms, please?) with the silver armor parts. They are way too shiny compared to the upper uniforms, and look horrid when used with any other jacket. I know the metal armor bits are supposed to be shiny, but the rest of the material shouldn't be.

Another faulty piece is the Federation pair of gloves. Are they supposed to be chain mail or something? They look like they match the pattern of the shiny federation tight pants, at least the armor part, but they don't seem to match the upper uniform either.

The TOS set when put on female BOs have a different color pallet for the sash above the belt from what it offers for below the belt making matching the color on the entire sash a royal PITA. :)
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to add that I'd also like it if we got more Tal Shiar unlocks instead of just the very basic uniform.
  • orionsrockorionsrock Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely agreed. At the absolute bare minimum, they need to remove the stupid gender limitations on the belt and chestpiece, there's no obvious reason why they should be locked to one gender or the other.

God so many problems with this all around from terran pins and chest gear getting stuck in mah TRIBBLE to shirts just fitting wrong.
  • jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Romulans are an endangered species in STO! Capes will only lead to more deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8

I honestly think Romulus and Remus were destroyed by a Scimitar captain who tripped on his cape and set off a Thalaron Burst that hit both planets. Then all the Singularity Drives of the dead ship did that implode/explode thing and shattered the planets.
  • arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am all for unlocking ALL of the Tal Shiar uniform options, capes included.

While I personally wouldn't wear a cape for several reasons, I don't see any reason to deny their use to other players who would find them attractive. I really just want to be able to use the chest piece AND the belt on all of my characters (even though they wear Republic uniforms, the Tal Shiar chest piece and belt can look good in the right colors).
  • kilbingerkilbinger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am all for unlocking ALL of the Tal Shiar uniform options, capes included.

While I personally wouldn't wear a cape for several reasons, I don't see any reason to deny their use to other players who would find them attractive. I really just want to be able to use the chest piece AND the belt on all of my characters (even though they wear Republic uniforms, the Tal Shiar chest piece and belt can look good in the right colors).

even the rest of the Tal Shiar is no more outlaw in the Republic. (see the "candy camera" mission on the New Romulus)
    Vice Admiral Septimus Severus -I.R.W. Jasta - Tal Shiar
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would love a variation of those to wear. To me they look really nice.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah but don't expect it to get changed soon if ever...
    Lifer since headstart!
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It will likely come in some future Romulan C-store clothing options, seeing as they only have two right now.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vinsinar wrote: »
    The whole uniform thing is messed up. As a Romulan allied with the KDF I can't purchase any of the lobi,Fleet,special KDF uniforms for my KDF Boff's. They also can't wear any of the RR uniforms. The whole system needs to be looked at and fixed. My Boff's should be allowed to wear any KDF uniform or any RR uniform.

There also needs to be either a special Rep uniform or Romulans need to be allowed to wear the MACO or Omega sets.

Also the wrist sets for the Romulan KDF uniform suck. Why is it that the KDF specifically uses the wrist for its transporters yet the Feds are the ones with the wrist technology looking set?

For the best solution see sig below :P

But seriously, +1 to OP. Let's face it, however much we like and appreciate LoR, Rom fans were always going to go for the Tal Shiar uniforms and it's simply not knowing your market to give such limited options there.

More cape and pad options would certainly be nice for the RR shoulder pads. No cape, full cape, etc.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • stonedpenguinstonedpenguin Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013
    I love the Tal Shiar uniform, the trousers however are just the bog standard 'Worn Trousers' that klingons have always had.

Romulan NPCs have tons of really cool costumes in Foundry I do hope these will be available in the future. Hakeev and Sela's gauntlets/boots/shoulder pads would be awesome aswell.
  • trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    According to the Terran Empire history that I have seen. When the Terran Empire fought the Romuln Star Empire they won the war and committed genocide on any and all conquer races that the Terran Empire has fought and have won. Only the Cardassians with help from the Klingons have stood up against the Terran Empire.

The Mirror Universe Romulans does not exist. They was killed (genocide) off by the Terran Empire.
  • sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trwarbuck wrote: »
    According to the Terran Empire history that I have seen. When the Terran Empire fought the Romuln Star Empire they won the war and committed genocide on any and all conquer races that the Terran Empire has fought and have won. Only the Cardassians with help from the Klingons have stood up against the Terran Empire.

The Mirror Universe Romulans does not exist. They was killed (genocide) off by the Terran Empire.

They do but don't do anything. Sisko to cover his going ho to primeverse says he is going to get Romulan help for the Terrans and nobody bats an eye which wouldn't happen if they had been gone for 200 years.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited July 2013
    Tal Shiar mini skirt for females! And without removing the cool belt option like other skirts do currently.
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wish we could put the shiny Tal Siar shirt under the republic jacket. That would be awesome. Also, the Tal Shiar pants don't really match the top, imho. I know the Romulans have alwas worn simple pants, but this isn't CBS and there's no reason to stick so close to the norms established onscreen. The silvery checkered pattern would look great.