test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tropical bird eggs not dropping for me anymore

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
Anyone else having this problem?

The first day of the event (before the midnight maintenance) I went to Risa on just 1 character and did the Hunt event a few times and wound up with about 5 eggs. The next day I did the hunt event on a couple other characters and got 1 egg on 1 and 2 eggs on another.

2 of my other characters have now completed the Hunt event at least 4 or 5 times since Friday and I haven't received a single bird egg on them yet.

Doing the Hunt event on the characters who had previously gotten eggs are no longer getting anymore.

Seems like the drop rate was severely reduced in that last patch.

I've asked in zone chat and some players say they haven't gotten any eggs in a few runs, others are saying they are getting eggs, and at least 1 player said he was getting eggs but then did about 20 runs of the event and didn't receive any more.

I don't give a damn about the marks. I just want 1 bird for each of my characters (If I happen to get another that's great), and hopefully 1 of every variety for my main character. The only time I would trade a bird in for marks is if I already have that one in my collection. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    misslithanymisslithany Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ran the hunt a couple times with my main on the first day and ended up with 3 or 4 eggs.

I've spent most of today running the hunt on a new toon trying to get eggs so I could build up a supply of marks when they hit 50. Completed a dozen hunts plus a couple of partial, not one egg has dropped for me. :mad:
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I snagged 2 in the last hour. Random is random.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    Random is random.

My foot!

Results for today after starting this thread: Ran the Hunt event 9 times on 5 different characters. 0 eggs. :mad:

This is really starting to get on my nerves. I've done the event multiple times on multiple characters each day since the event started. I haven't gotten a single egg doing the Hunt event for 2+ days now. :mad:

Just so you know, I have 7 characters. I don't do the event on all of them each day. Just whatever I can squeeze in.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My foot!

Results for today after starting this thread: Ran the Hunt even 9 times on 5 different characters. 0 eggs. :mad:

This is really starting to get on my nerves. I've done the event multiple times on multiple characters each day since the event started. I haven't gotten a single egg doing the Hunt event for 2+ days now. :mad:

Just so you know, I have 7 characters. I don't do the event on all of them each day. Just whatever I can squeeze in.

Got another egg just this morning so i guess you've just been unlucky during those runs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive only ever had 1 maybe 2 per toon. Ive never had 4-5 in rapid sucsession.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've received over a dozen eggs yesterday in just 3-4 runs. It clearly is completely random :confused:

I wish I could sell some of those eggs as it will take me a long time to grow all those birds and I'm not particularly interested in them anyway. For me they are just an unwanted sideffect from the gathering of favors.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I seem to have just the opposite problem. Admittedly I've been collecting 2000 favors so that's a lot of hunts but I've got a total of 20 eggs so far. As a matter of fact I'm even starting to get annoyed if I find more as I can't use that many. Sometimes two in a row.... I'd love an option to make omelette's out of them :D
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you sell the eggs on the exchange?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Can you sell the eggs on the exchange?

The eggs are bound to character when you get them. So no. They aren't tradeable.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Overall I am not impressed with the summer event. I hate how you have to pay to do the jet pack thing and then they dont give you enough days to win the ship (People go away in the summertime and not everyone wants to stay indoors and play video games every day!)
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes it's a bit too much grind. But next patch they increase the "Favor" droprate i hope that helps a bit.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just now noticed something and it might be what my problem is. I'll have to check other characters for it. f4k6.jpg

WTF? I'm a silver player and didn't think I had the overflow bag feature available. I was looking at my inventory and noticed an Overflow Bag button as well as a Crew button. The crew button brings up the ship station tab in the character status window.

As for the overflow bag........you can see multiple copies of various shuttle non-combat pets from C-store shuttles. Before, and I posted it in the bug section, I was seeing multiple copies of these shuttles in my available ship abilities window and could even put the copies on my skill tray. This happened when claiming a C-store shuttle multiple times. Thread here about it http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=709021

So far I've done the event 3 times in a row on a single character before noticing the overflow bag. I chose to just discard the shuttle pets to empty it out and a few minutes later the Hunt event started again. Well that didn't fix my no egg problem. 4th time in a row on this character and still no eggs, though it seemed like I was getting more favors. The first, second, and fourth statues I clicked on I got 4 favors from each. Didn't pay attention for the rest.

Perhaps I need to check all my characters to see if any have an overflow bag full of C-store shuttle non-combat pets and need to clear it out on all of them before I start getting eggs again.

*Note: There were no eggs in the overflow bag and I, obviously, have been getting favors from the statues during the event.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm......Did the event a 4th time on the same character after emptying my overflow bag and got no eggs. Then I beamed up to my ship and beamed back down. Did the event a 5th time and now m1xj.jpg I have 2 eggs finally. :D

Either it was a streak of really bad luck, or for some reason the overflow bag thingy was somehow preventing me from getting any eggs.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm......Did the event a 4th time on the same character after emptying my overflow bag and got no eggs. Then I beamed up to my ship and beamed back down. Did the event a 5th time and now m1xj.jpg I have 2 eggs finally. :D

Either it was a streak of really bad luck, or for some reason the overflow bag thingy was somehow preventing me from getting any eggs.
    The RNG hates you.... :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Switched to my main character afterwards and emptied out the overflow bag of shuttle pets. Ran the Hunt event 3 times and got 1 egg.

Third character was my KDF Klingon. No overflow bag with shuttle pets since I only have bought Fed C-store shuttles so far. Did the Hunt 3 times and got 1 egg.

Maybe my luck is changing lol.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At least the winter event gave you a continuous chance to find tags.

This random drop per hunt thing sucks Cryptic.

Please fix it.
  • Options
    simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have noticed same behavior of NO EGG drops (no not the chinese kind) at all in a week. Every character. There is no way random numbers are that against me. Looks like TRIBBLE up #1,785,764,902 from the devs. I guess they went to a programming school that does not want you to actually test your work. Good thing the TRIBBLE up count is reset each year...:mad

The way to get around the issue is indeed to make sure the overflow bag is empty and do not stay on risa. you must leave the risa system and come back in. Oh yeah and dont' forget to run in a circle counterclockwise 3 times while patting your head with your left hand and singing the Armour Hotdog theme. then you get the eggs.