test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possibility For Tourney! Tier 1 Ground Challenge!

johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvP Gameplay
With the new doff pretty much murdering max rank ground pvp it makes me yearn for the purity of low rank ground pvp which is very hard to come by in it's own right. That being said I wanted to see if I could gather any interest in a tier 1 challenge tourney! This isn't official in any way I just wanted to get opinions on this! Rules would be!

1. For rank Lt. 9 only so it is balanced skill points wise!
2. There are no longer any doff's at this rank anyway.
3. 3 on 3 No class restrictions. Especially since nothing is overpowered at tier 1. Some of the powers don't even exist at tier 1.
4. No lobi store weapons allowed!
5. Lobi and fleet store consumables would be allowed! Gambling device would be allowed!

It seems like a tourney like this would be a put up or shut up type thing! There is no tanking, no dodge stacking, no cloak nades, no stealth module, no stf set gear, no willpower. Just pure teamwork and player skill. Any other suggestions or rules I am all ears.
Post edited by johnharrisonlol on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea a great deal. Now that Cryptic has officially ruined ground PvP with the ambush security duty officers it would be nice to play matches were ground isn't a long range DoT fest. It is as you say, there is nothing overpowered at Lt. level. Most matches are more or less solid shootouts. The same could be said for Lt. Commander level, everything is quite balanced. No ambush until Commander and above.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would Romulans fit in? They wouldn't have been able to choose a side before level 9, and thus I don't believe they would be able to do this. Maybe they can join private matches, but I do not know.

By the same thing, no side means no fleet consumables or anything from a fleet as well.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    How would Romulans fit in? They wouldn't have been able to choose a side before level 9, and thus I don't believe they would be able to do this. Maybe they can join private matches, but I do not know.

By the same thing, no side means no fleet consumables or anything from a fleet as well.

Yeah good point as this is just in the planning stages they would all be private matches. It doesn't have to be tier 1 but I chose that rank since doffs can't be used at all. Tier 2 is very much a possibility but you also leave open the doff factor and melee crit and severity doffs would be overpowered at tier 2 plus stealth module and perfect cloak exist at tier 2 with covert.

Odds are if this tourney does get off the ground people would have to make new toons anyway since I imagine the majority of us are max rank or much higher than tier 1. Best thing for tier 1 would just have to be no romulan faction. For ground sake there is nothing a fed or kdf can't do that a romulan can ground wise. Kdf Letheans have a very similar psionic damage trait to remans.

I also chose only 3 on 3 so it doesn't turn into a 5 man half a second gank fest due to crappy spawn points. yes we can use the assault map but the idea was for arena. Either way that can all be hammered out way before.
  • alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah good point as this is just in the planning stages they would all be private matches. It doesn't have to be tier 1 but I chose that rank since doffs can't be used at all. Tier 2 is very much a possibility but you also leave open the doff factor and melee crit and severity doffs would be overpowered at tier 2 plus stealth module and perfect cloak exist at tier 2 with covert.

Odds are if this tourney does get off the ground people would have to make new toons anyway since I imagine the majority of us are max rank or much higher than tier 1. Best thing for tier 1 would just have to be no romulan faction. For ground sake there is nothing a fed or kdf can't do that a romulan can ground wise. Kdf Letheans have a very similar psionic damage trait to remans.

I also chose only 3 on 3 so it doesn't turn into a 5 man half a second gank fest due to crappy spawn points. yes we can use the assault map but the idea was for arena. Either way that can all be hammered out way before.

your idea is sound but there is a bug in it, the matches will have to be fvf (lol we do that now :P) only or kvk only because the que still doesn't have fvk on the que list for t1 and t2 but other than that this sounds like a great idea, but also i think if it is random que the new pugs will be at a great disadvantage
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well then it may have to only be fvf the point is to get something at tier 1 going where the game is a lot more pure skill and teamwork and less dodge stack, tanking, and doffs.

I would want at least 24 players minimum which makes for 8 teams. The tourney would be something like this. If we did arena maps kill count would be 20 if we did assault map point count would be set to 40. There would be straight brackets with no byes with a quarterfinal semifinal and championship round. The quarters and semis would be best of 3 games. The championship is best of 5 games.

An energy credit prize package of 25 million would be paid to the winning team with the runner up getting 5 million. Each teams buy in to the tourney would be 2 million per team and the remaining prize money would come out of my pocket.