test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transfering items intra-account, cross-character?

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Academy
Is it possible to transfer Energy Credits, Dilithium, and Latinum to another player inside your own account?

How and thanks!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Yes & No.

Energy Credits - Get an account-shared bank and move credits and items between toons on the same account.

Dilithium - Use the Dilithium exchange.

GPL - This is bound to character.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can transfer EC to another character in your account through the Account bank. IT cost 1000 Zen or $10. Lifelong unlock and good for extra slots. You can also transfer items this way.

Officially "No, you can't transfer dilithium between characters." But there is a work around for this using the Dil/Zen Exchange. You post a bid for X dil for 500 zen (A ridiculous price) and then you log onto the receiving character. Pull the bid down and you get the dil.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And if you don't have a Shared Account bank, nothing prevents you from selling over-priced low demand items on the Exchange between characters for ECs...
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sweet! Thanks guys! The Dilithium is the most important. I have one "toon" with a bunch and wanted to "spread the love," so to speak...

So, how does one "sell items" to another character?

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited June 2013
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, how does one "sell items" to another character?

:)

You find a low demand item that no one wants to buy, and has a low count posted on the Exchange... (I used 'Uncommon' Tribbles for this purpose before the Account Bank came into existence...) and have a character who needs the ECs post them with a 'unique' price (so you can tell the difference between the item you posted, vs the other items already posted)...

The other character then finds the item with the 'unique' price, and buys it off of the Exchange.... Seller gets the ECs...
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You find a low demand item that no one wants to buy, and has a low count posted on the Exchange... (I used 'Uncommon' Tribbles for this purpose before the Account Bank came into existence...) and have a character who needs the ECs post them with a 'unique' price (so you can tell the difference between the item you posted, vs the other items already posted)...

The other character then finds the item with the 'unique' price, and buys it off of the Exchange.... Seller gets the ECs...

I'm fairly sure this has been stopped, AFAIK you can't see your own items on the exchange account wide.
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm that the "sell cheap item on the exchange with a unique price for your other toon to buy so you can trade ecreds from one toon to another" technique still works.

I use root beer taken from your replicator. I use 90210 for the last 5 digits as my identifier. You have to search for root beer under the personal equipment tab, personal commodities subtab to see your entry. Searching under the all tab will not list your items.
    edited June 2013
    sicjeb wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure this has been stopped, AFAIK you can't see your own items on the exchange account wide.
    I check the Exchange listings regularly, just to make sure the items I've posted hasn't been undercut in price. So you can see your own postings, (normally), but it can be hidden if their are too many lower priced items, or if you use wild card values in your Exchange search parameters...

(This is why its important to use a low demand item with a low number of postings for EC transfers, just to make it easier to see your own Exchange postings...)