test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Years Summer Event, can...

xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
We have a new feature for it, with having jetpacks and all, lets go under the water with scuba gear :) I think that would be awesome. Find buried treasure chests or something.

Thoughts everyone? yay, or nay?
borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
Post edited by xlocutusofborgx on

Comments

• cassamirothcassamiroth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Scuba gear? How about we put those navigational mechanics of that jet pack to use in something that could use it right now? Use the jet pack flight mechanics as an EVA pack on the space suits. Would make boldly They Rode(or similar missions) far more compelling than that post hopping system.

To be fair though I would also actually like to see scuba diving, it is an interesting idea.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just love Risa! Just discovered flying with the birds :) Even possible with your own pet!

Next years event could see the following:
    - PvP floater races
    - Boat / Jetski races (incl. PvP) or something crazier like Kites
    - Underwater world with Scuba gear (e.g. searching for pearls or races with sea scooters)
    - Smoke canisters for the floaters so you can do airshows
    - parachutes and accuracy landing
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I just love Risa! Just discovered flying with the birds :) Even possible with your own pet!

- PvP floater races
    - Underwater world with Scuba gear (e.g. searching for pearls or races with sea scooters)

Oh I love some of those other ideas :) nice!
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This One's Not Even Over Yet!
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the water, beach and sun, it is a pity we cannot swim. Swimming and diving would be awesome indeed. Great event nevertheless.

Here is a nice game we can already do. Fly up with your floater, turn it of, turn it on just above the ground. The one who is the highest is the chicken.

The Risian Corvette is lying in the water. Is it designed by the same people that design nowadays motor yachts? I sometimes come in the southern of France and if it was a ship, it would perfectly fit in with the ones lying there in the harbours of Cannes, St. Tropez etc.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »

- PvP floater races

Throw in a surfing minigame (where fail = hilarious wipeout animation) and you have yourself a deal.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    Scuba gear? How about we put those navigational mechanics of that jet pack to use in something that could use it right now? Use the jet pack flight mechanics as an EVA pack on the space suits. Would make boldly They Rode(or similar missions) far more compelling than that post hopping system.

To be fair though I would also actually like to see scuba diving, it is an interesting idea.

Just shut Kurland up would make "Boldly they Rode" more compelling. "Kurland here!" GAHHH SHUT THE bleep UP!!!!!! is how i felt the first time i played it before I ever got to the exploding BOP.

OT: Yeah scuba diving would be new and exciting seeing all the fishies and scavenger hunts are always great fun. i enjoyed pavyl and the find the birds for the accolade to be more fun than the dance and me horny idol quests. Things like that which have no timer and no hints can be great fun and keep people playing when they tired of the timed events.

As for the floaters (still sounds like they need to be flushed down the toilet) and flying about we have a dev saying they took allot of work to do. We have Risa now and nothing else for them. It seems odd they would add a new dynamic to the game and then promptly drop it. I expect we will see nimbus get a rework to include the floaters and new missions using floaters elsewhere in the next episode.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    As for the floaters (still sounds like they need to be flushed down the toilet)

You dare mock the holy qu- canon?!

:V
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We have a new feature for it, with having jetpacks and all, lets go under the water with scuba gear :) I think that would be awesome. Find buried treasure chests or something.

lol nice idea but this is Star Trek Online NOT GTA V ;)
    Sto%20Final.png
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This is a very good idea and I will be surprised if they don't use it.

I hope they give you some kind of credit for it Locutus, maybe a set of the highest level Scuba Gear that the rest of us will have to grind Favors for.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love some jetskiing next year.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh I love some of those other ideas :) nice!

These all sound like awesome options and hope to see any or all for next summer... I like this years summer event but it feels like there isn't much to do. You can't even redo the floater courses for tokens... only for pearls every 20hrs. It feels like there should be at least one more thing to do after the hunt and the dance.
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As I mentioned in another thread like this, I'd like to see Risian Corvette racing, offered either as singular racing missions or possibly PvP team racing missions.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Next year, summer on Vulcan.

Fun with Jetpacks is very logical.