test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• darkmyth77darkmyth77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would also like to see this Risa map replace the other one, it is a lot more fun and interesting. Also please add swimwear as I want to feel more immersed in the vacation experience.
    "If it doesn't explode, you simply aren't trying hard enough."
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if they could alter the dilithium mining maps to allow the floaters to be used there. (Definately on Vlugta. Beats going around that chasm.)

Also, the Tropical bird tradein needs an option for trading in the eggs, unless the Ornithologist is staying past the event deadline. If you're doing the Horga'hn hunt multiple times a day on one character, you'll have more eggs than you can hatch. (Just one every 24 hours.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone having problems with Risa costumes? I got it for my Romulan/Fed but can't seem to use the costume pieces.

Nope, no issue. They have to be used with an off-duty slot. So you'll need to create a uniform slot and have it set to off-duty in order to use them.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Also, the Tropical bird tradein needs an option for trading in the eggs, unless the Ornithologist is staying past the event deadline. If you're doing the Horga'hn hunt multiple times a day on one character, you'll have more eggs than you can hatch. (Just one every 24 hours.)

This. I've already picked up 6 in just the first day... If not a trade-in for eggs, then at the very least reduce the timer on the egg hatching DOFF mission, or perhaps make them an account bound item instead of character bound so we could use them with our alts.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    The exchange is tied in to the bank console at the back of the hotel. Pretty sure I saw a mail console back there too.
    I can confirm the Exchange and Bank are located in the Resort Lobby (North of the Dabo Table).

However I could not find the Mail.

P.S. There is a Tailor too. He's outside, "on the water", or rather a bamboo "pad" just one over from the beam-in Landing pad.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Risian Floater that cost favors. Are they useable after the event is over and in other places other than Risa? Spending 1,000 favors takes a lot of time to earn.

Exactly! We spend that much time for something and we can't use it at all after the event?!?!?! The Floater should be available to use anywhere we want (non-combat) like the frozen boots.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a list of accolades yet?
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now that we have jetpacks, I demand, yes DEMAND, a Captain Proton costume.

That is all.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    The exchange is tied in to the bank console at the back of the hotel. Pretty sure I saw a mail console back there too.

Jesus.. didnt see it. Does it have a map icon?

Thanks anyway for the info

Ahm.. I did this Jet-Pack challenge today, got 40 pearls. Now I have to wait till next day to do it again for another 40 pearls.

So far so bad, but why are there different Jet-Packs anyway? I did all three courses and had plenty of time left.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jesus.. didnt see it. Does it have a map icon?

Thanks anyway for the info

Ahm.. I did this Jet-Pack challenge today, got 40 pearls. Now I have to wait till next day to do it again for another 40 pearls.

So far so bad, but why are there different Jet-Packs anyway? I did all three courses and had plenty of time left.

The bank and stuff is at the very back of the room, past the vendors and such. The favor costing jet packs all have different "levels" of speed and maneuverability.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...why are there different Jet-Packs anyway? I did all three courses and had plenty of time left.
    Actually, there are four different Floater models:

Common (Rental)
    Cost is 1,000 EC for ~15mins of use, then it disappears. You can go back to the vendor and by another anytime. Flies at 30-35 (?) Speed, poor maneuverability (low inertia).

Uncommon (Can't remember it's proper name, Basic, I think?)
    Cost is 50 Lohlunat Favors, but is kept permanently, bound to that character. Slightly slower than a Rental (25, I think), but better inertia/control.

Rare ("Advanced"?)
    Cost is 500 Lohlunat Favors, and is also a permanent item. Airspeed is 40 and has enhanced agility.

Very Rare ("Superior")
    Cost is 1,000 Lohlunat Favors for this permanent item. Airspeed is 50 and it has the best ("Superior") control. It's actually quite maneuverable.

Any of the Uncommon-Very Rare varieties can be purchased in colors: Red, White, Blue or Black.

As for why? It's true the Daily can be completed "easily" with the Rental in ~10mins or less, but speaking as someone who's tried it vs. the Superior, it's so much nicer to pilot the latter. I find hunting for Horga?hn to be dreadful in the Rental. I can zip around with comparably pin-point accuracy with the Superior Floater.

Not only is the control better, but the item is permanent. I don't have to keep going back and picking up another (and I'm not even concerned about the 1k EC). So it's a time saver.

It's just a Quality of Life upgrade. And in my opinion, it's well worth the price for my Main character who'll be doing most of the work.

For my Alts, I will probably just get the Uncommon 50-Favor version. They'll only need it for the Daily.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2013
    Wow, thank you so much for the detailes explanation.

I mean, this was my first try flying this thing. And having spent a lot of Dil for pearls, I am about 35% for the Risian Corvette.

First I didn't want this thing, but the more I see it the more I like it.

If I have still time left, I would like to try this bird egg thing.

Are you guys satisfied with it?
    edited June 2013
    Oh and I have to support the request for the new Risa map.

It looks perfect. And why not expanding it after the Summer Event? Byuing a house there and decorate and expand it with Risa items.
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since today's patch [6/26/13 12AM PST], I am experiencing a bug with the "Flying High" event on one of my toons.

After acquiring the mission from the event coordinator and enabling my floater, only one mission appears in the bullet list: "Fly over the harbor". No other mission "start points" appear on the map, or on the minimap. I have tried un-equipping and re-equipping the floater to the toon, dropping the mission, waiting for the mission to time out, logging out and back in, changing toons, exiting Risa space and returning to the event, closing STO and restarting it ... in many different combinations, all to no avail.

What is odd is this is only happening on one of my 4 toons, and only since today's patch.
    It is keeping this toon form getting the pearls needed for the Risian ship.

If anyone has a workaround, I would appreciate it.
    [I submitted a ticket on this, but I never hear back from those submissions.]
  • whysp1whysp1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want bathing suit options and bare feet! Why is it all the NPCs can wander around half naked, while we have to get our boots soaked and get horrible farmer tans?
    edited June 2013
    whysp1 wrote: »
    I want bathing suit options and bare feet! Why is it all the NPCs can wander around half naked, while we have to get our boots soaked and get horrible farmer tans?

I've been running around Risa barefooted.... I agree on the lack of swimsuits issue.... but I'm perfectly fine in my beach-comber shorts, bare-feet and jacket-tight off duty option on my Rom character.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got my superior jetpack, love it. Makes the daily and the hunting (for my alts now) much easier.

Also I saw my absolute favorite line in zone chat today.

"I don't understand why Cryptic would make this Risa event. It violates canon."

Many, many laughs ensued. Maybe it was an intentional troll. Maybe it wasn't. Either way, it got a whole bunch of people laughing haha.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to thank C/PWE for a poorly thought out "Characters Lvl 10 and above can participate."

For Feds I suppose it is great, however for Romulan/Remans we are stuck in our home sector until we reach some unknown lvl before we can leave the sector. I tried two different locations to leave the zone.

"You must advance further before traveling to this part of space."

Unless it has already been adjusted, you might want to correct the info on the chick coordinating the show. She states lvl 10 as being minimum lvl to participate.

I have too many toons to run thru this event to have to level my Romulan and Reman characters to some unknown lvl to get them out of Sector Jail.

Thanks for messing with the new guys on the block again.
  • astral#0893 astral Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeh, ok, the flyers use the same keys as you & your ship, forwards, backwards, left, right ..... but how do you move up & down vertically??
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fyllis, when your Rom completes (IIRC) Memory Lane, you get sent to Eta Eridani Sector. That unlocks cross-sector travel.

My issue is that since last night's update, I've been unable to log in. It gives me a fatal error about being unable to contact the on-demand patcher; then the crash report program closes itself before I can type anything into it. I've submitted a ticket; let's hope it gets resolved in time for me to participate in the Summer Event more than just the once.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gnagnagna...spent 1000 gpl for sunglasses.
    my ferengi need sunglasses! :cool: :rolleyes:

(NOTE: Due to facial geometry limitations, this eyewear cannot be worn by Caitian, Ferasan, Saurian or Gorn captains. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

and please: after or during the event...please please please: make the jetpack working in all adventure zones!!
    must be great to explore new romulus with the jetpack!!

A really cool Event!!
    Feels like making holidays!!
    "Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
    edited June 2013
    fyllis wrote: »
    I would like to thank C/PWE for a poorly thought out "Characters Lvl 10 and above can participate."

For Feds I suppose it is great, however for Romulan/Remans we are stuck in our home sector until we reach some unknown lvl before we can leave the sector. I tried two different locations to leave the zone.

"You must advance further before traveling to this part of space."

Unless it has already been adjusted, you might want to correct the info on the chick coordinating the show. She states lvl 10 as being minimum lvl to participate.

I have too many toons to run thru this event to have to level my Romulan and Reman characters to some unknown lvl to get them out of Sector Jail.

Thanks for messing with the new guys on the block again.

You can transport directly to the event from the link available in the missions window from anywhere, directly to the event.
  • astral#0893 astral Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Theres more than this summer event that violates canon, some of the ship classes only had a certain number built as specified in print or script, & all ships, however many warp drives they had, they had to be an even number. This is common sense when all boats or ships with oars in human history, have all had an even number, because odd doesn't work???
    edited June 2013
    fediii wrote: »
    Theres more than this summer event that violates canon, some of the ship classes only had a certain number built as specified in print or script, & all ships, however many warp drives they had, they had to be an even number. This is common sense when all boats or ships with oars in human history, have all had an even number, because odd doesn't work???

Even number warp necelles is canon? I'm sorry. you better rethink that. There have been multiple canon starships with single warp nacelles, The Ent-D refit, the Niagara class and The USS Kelvin being prime examples. Additionally it was stated in both Enterprise and Voyager than the ship can still travel at warp even with one nacelle disabled (albeit at reduced speed). Odd-nacelle ships are canon. There is no argument on that at all.
  • uniqueornuniqueorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    at least urs isn't bugged my fed toon can do the egg hatch doff mission my romulan can get the egg acept the mission but it says i have no science doffs to hatch the egg when i have 8 sci doffs lol and only one doff mission running so yeah my romulan is out of a pet bird unless cryptic can figure out why it is bugged for me.

same here i have no missions running and over 10 science officers but my orion can't do the doff mission to hatch the 2 eggs she has, it says i don't have any science officers to do it. :mad: :(

EDIT: i logged out to character selection screen and then back in and it fixed it.
  • romeowoodromeowood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sooo....no fix yet for the Event Reputation glitch? I still have that damnable crystal shard locked in.
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I may have an idea that may cool down some of the rage that people have about no swimwear. How about using favours to buy unique risian bridge officers that have the option to wear the swimwear? That way swimwear wont be all over ESD, DS9, etc. and people still have a boffs that can wear them.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »

3) Jetpacks
    I know a lot of people asked for something like this but I don't think it fits into Star Trek Online. The initial thought I had when I flew with this thing was "Champions Online". This is nothing bad, but it is just a personal issue I have. It just feels weird for a Star Trek game. Although, I has never been done in any ST game before.

Should have been jetboots like the one Spock uses in Star Trek V
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Should have been jetboots like the one Spock uses in Star Trek V

Those would probably be C store later on like the first contact EV suits
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    robertuso wrote: »
    Those would probably be C store later on like the first contact EV suits

Yeah and they will charge 2000 zen os something silly like that.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.