test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Events Are For Pansies!!!!

knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
Are you tired of flying around like an honorless p'tak? Are you sick of the beautiful views!? Do you feel like security is lax on the complacent planet? If so, I think you'll agree that it's time for a giant Flying Toucan that poops out little toucans that try to peck your eyes out!!!! We know it's somewhere on the island and all the dancing we've done hasn't summoned it. Maybe sacrificing a tribble on the island somewhere will bring the beast to life!? What do you think?

GIVE ME MONSTERS!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahnj-4kJ64s
aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
Post edited by knuhteb5 on

Comments

• zekeferrignozekeferrigno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Are you tired of flying around like an honorless p'tak? Are you sick of the beautiful views!? Do you feel like security is lax on the complacent planet? If so, I think you'll agree that it's time for a giant Flying Toucan that poops out little toucans that try to peck your eyes out!!!! We know it's somewhere on the island and all the dancing we've done hasn't summoned it. Maybe sacrificing a tribble on the island somewhere will bring the beast to life!? What do you think?

I somewhat agree with this, a beast stalking the island would be great...or a black smoke creature lol.
    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I somewhat agree with this, a beast stalking the island would be great...or a black smoke creature lol.

That would def be cool. Black smoke creature that pops out of a cave or pulls you into a hole. Maybe a mission where we have to save Dan Stahl from the island monster?

Maybe a Loch Ness Creature that we have to pew pew from the air with the jetpacks equipped could work, too.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, too fluffy. I stop by for the daily in order to get the ship, then done. I guess Risa is perfect for that other event going on...rainbow disco ball and all. :rolleyes:
  • jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now what I could see is a "Safari Hunt" where you track a jungle beast. Now Feds could "study" the beast, and Klingons would hunt and eat the beast. Romulan and Vulcan might both agree it is barbaric rituals and continue to "Dance Dance Lirpa Lirpa".

But yes some recreational options beyond dancing, jet packing (Rocket Boots???!!!), and birthing birds. I mean heck we could have a drink contest that maybe ends with you locked in a old cellar missing your pants. It happened to the Enterprise crew DANNIT!

Oh well. Maybe next year.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about one of these monsters to hunt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I91DJZKRxs
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      There is simply not enough content for KDF players I hardly see any KDF on Risa. A few Gorns ( probably looking to eat a fat tourist) aside from that its mainly Fed ans eve Romulans.

There should be melee weapon only hunting. There is the beginnings of a underground volcano complex. Why cant it be opened up a bit like Grethor maps for fire beast hunting. Why not Firebirds KDF can hunt in the air. Again melee airel combat for KDF even Feds if they wish it.

There is simply not enough for KDF to do!
      Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      I turned up to Risa once on my Fed toon and left soon after, haven't been back since.

Jetting all over the place like I'm in an episode of Thunderbirds doesn't do anything for me. Sandals and summer clothes is just more fluff I don't need. About the only worthwhile thing is the free ship, and since I'm not getting into that grind there's simply no point for me to go there.

Saying that I do get the Risa event, and as a 'holiday' location it would be a place to play games and mess around - hunting just doesn't fit in such a place.

It would've been cool for a separate KDF location with a Targ Hunting theme. You could turn in hides for trophies or fluff, perhaps get some 1 v 1 challenge duals going as well. That I would play.
    • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Don't like it? Don't be there... It's not like anyone is forcing you.
      Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
      Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
      Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      It would be a cool place to bring our BO's down for a ground skirmish...
      -Makbure
      edited June 2013
      I love the jetpacks they are very fun. However Id like to see greater variation of arial missons and maybe even a race or two.
      edited June 2013
      I did read somewhere that the Summer Event will be a fixed thing each year and will be expanded on. So I hope they see all our suggestions and build on them.
    • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
      edited June 2013

First of all, it's spelled "petaQ" and second, shut your gagh-hole. I'm having fun.
      16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
      - Anne Bredon
    • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      So we finally have some game content where you don't have to kill something and people complain that there is nothing to kill. Especially something that would be a very rare creature.

Ahhhh Myyy Gott! What a player base. Go back to WoW, if you want to kill rares.
    • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Killing on Risa? No, thanks!
    • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      anazonda wrote: »
      Don't like it? Don't be there... It's not like anyone is forcing you.

Lighten up brah!!
      Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
      edited June 2013
      Thing is for KDF there is no Targ hunting, shouting, belching, bloodwine, gagh, bloodwine, bat'leths, bloodwine, klingon opera, headbutting, more bloodwine, more shouting, hunting, hunting, even more bloodwine....

Do you get what I mean. If you arn't burning, TRIBBLE and pillaging whats the point being on Risa if you are KDF.
    • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      I'm on vacation, you want to kill somethin do it on every other map that's in the game, no shortage of killing in this game.
      GwaoHAD.png
      edited June 2013
      You miss the point. Burning TRIBBLE and pillaging IS relaxation for the KDF.
    • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Thing is for KDF there is no Targ hunting, shouting, belching, bloodwine, gagh, bloodwine, bat'leths, bloodwine, klingon opera, headbutting, more bloodwine, more shouting, hunting, hunting, even more bloodwine....

Do you get what I mean. If you arn't burning, TRIBBLE and pillaging whats the point being on Risa if you are KDF.

I go best of both worlds - go get my gorns blood temperature up on Risa hunting Horcruxes or whatever the heck they are called; drop into a fleet alert/colony invasion while Mindless Dance Revolution is going on and put a few holes/bitemarks/sword slashes/dents in anything stupid enough to go against a gorn with its blood warmed up
    • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
      edited June 2013

Sooooooo.. to you the KDF are a bunch of rapist thugs?

I was under the impression that they were honorable warriors.
      STO%20Sig.png~original
    • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Problem with Risa is, there is nothing to do.
      Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
      Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
      Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
      Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
      Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
    • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Indeed, if only there were some place in the STO universe these poor KDF players who want to spend time killing things could go to engage in combat and blood-sport.
    • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Problem with Risa is, there is nothing to do.

Exactly. If it's going to be a resort sort of place, i.e. no killing/violence, then more events need to be added. Also, the addition of more games such as Tongo and Dom Jot, etc., would be nice. I liked the Winter Event, but I'm just not enjoying the Summer version.
      edited June 2013
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      I'm on vacation, you want to kill somethin do it on every other map that's in the game, no shortage of killing in this game.

I'll answer you with what he says below:

Neoakiraii, watch TNG season 2, ep 2, "Where Silence Has Lease." Worf's calisthenics program is his idea of relaxing basically and all Klingon's need is a little excitement and death or else it's too boring.
      fovrel wrote: »
      So we finally have some game content where you don't have to kill something and people complain that there is nothing to kill. Especially something that would be a very rare creature.

Ahhhh Myyy Gott! What a player base. Go back to WoW, if you want to kill rares.

It's not my fault I have the heart of a Klingon. Do you think it's easy cloaking in and out of battle, drinking lots of blood whine, and singing tales of victory every night?
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      There should be Risian Corvette racing missions, or even maybe a PvP racing event, but it would be a weaponless risian corvette design.
      edited June 2013
      shadowaxx wrote: »
      There should be Risian Corvette racing missions, or even maybe a PvP racing event, but it would be a weaponless risian corvette design.

Space racing would be a lot of fun. Agreed. Would you do the racing within the atmosphere or out in space?
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    • edwardvereedwardvere Member Posts: 13 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      While there shouldn't be killing allowed or encouraged on Risa as part of the fun and games, things can still go wrong that the Risan resort didn't expect.

Maybe the Orion Syndicate wants a piece of the action. Maybe some augmentation fanatics decide to hide out there. Or maybe a portal opens to Mirror Risa. I bet that's an interesting world - they probably didn't need to terraform it to make it into their version of a pleasure planet...
    • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      I'll answer you with what he says below:

Neoakiraii, watch TNG season 2, ep 2, "Where Silence Has Lease." Worf's calisthenics program is his idea of relaxing basically and all Klingon's need is a little excitement and death or else it's too boring.

It's not my fault I have the heart of a Klingon. Do you think it's easy cloaking in and out of battle, drinking lots of blood whine, and singing tales of victory every night?

Then go rerun a Holodeck program of a mission in this game, and kill everything you want, Risa is for relaxing, and laying on the beach, wanna fight borg run an STF, wanna kill, if you're going to throw canon in my face, then remember Risa is a peaceful planet, so go get your kills somewhere else, I'm on Shore leave.
      GwaoHAD.png
    • gamedudgamedud Member Posts: 31 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Klingons are spiritual beings. Go to Risa, do your Klingon Tai-Chi and get back in touch.
      The KDF in 2409 really needs this.

And a dancing Gorn, who doesn't that bring a smile to?
      edited June 2013
      gamedud wrote: »
      Klingons are spiritual beings. Go to Risa, do your Klingon Tai-Chi and get back in touch.
      The KDF in 2409 really needs this.

And a dancing Gorn, who doesn't that bring a smile to?

But why do Tai-Chi when the giant island monster needs slaying!? :p Also, I would pay money to dance with a gorn on Risa because I haven't seen one there yet.
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif